North America Building Information Modelling Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
North America Building Information Modelling Market Analysis
The North America building information modeling (BIM) market registered a CAGR of 13.2% during the forecast period, 2022-2027 (hereafter, referred to as the forecast period). The demand for BIM solutions is partly dependent on the construction activity witnessed in a region, and in the US, it has recovered significantly after the economic recession to emerge as one of the major sectors of the economy. The US has been one of the early adopters of BIM solutions, with the general services administration taking several proactive measures to promote the usage of BIM solutions.
- The usage of BIM has become more common in the AEC industry due to the numerous benefits connected with this technology. Because of the fragmented delivery methods, building problems, and various parties involved in the process, the contemporary AEC business is complicated, allowing for the widespread use of BIM. This is mostly due to a growth in the number of government laws pertaining to BIM adoption in the AEC industry, as well as the growing need for automated models in the construction arena to improve operational efficiencies.
- BIM-supporting technology and methods are continually emerging in the building sector. The concept of BIM integration with AR/VR, where users may view and interact with a virtual world, has grown in popularity. The growing popularity of BIM integration with AR/VR is good for market growth since it enhances communication among stakeholders and provides better visualization for designers, engineers, and other stakeholders, allowing for a one-to-one, completely immersive experience.
- The COVID-19 epidemic had had little influence on the expansion of the building information modeling business since the COVID-19 lockdown allowed for widespread adoption of BIM, allowing projects to proceed in a virtual and digital environment even when participants were unable to meet in person. The epidemic has compelled people to seek out safer and more efficient methods to construct offices and houses.
- Policies and regulations implemented by governments for the deployment of BIM solutions in the construction of public and private infrastructure across different countries in this region foster the growth of the BIM market. In North America, in most countries, the use of BIM for commercial projects has been made mandatory.
North America Building Information Modelling Industry Segments
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a 3D model-based process for creating and managing information on a construction project across the project lifecycle. The important outputs of this process are the building Information model the digital description of every aspect of the built asset to manage the building infrastructure in a better way.
North America Building Information Modelling Market is segmented By Type (Software, Services), By Deployment Type (On-premise, Cloud), Application (Commercial, Residential, Industrial), and Country.
|By Deployment Type|
North America Building Information Modelling Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North America Building Information Modelling Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Cloud-based BIM Software
- As a result of the epidemic, more people are working from home. Designers and structural engineers, for example, may plot future projects using digital collaboration tools and cloud-based software from remote places. The cloud-based software market is predicted to develop as a result of this. Engineers and builders may also remotely manage client contracts, project management, sales, and other activities using BIM software.
- According to numerous builders and owners, now is a great moment to upskill employees and provide fundamental foundation knowledge with digital tools to improve productivity. During the crisis, software companies also assist builders and contractors in getting the most out of these solutions.
- Autodesk Inc., for example, provided free access to its 31 million 360 Docs, 81 million 360 Design, Fusion 360, Fusion Team, and other products. In this complicated context of the COVID epidemic, the organization wanted to give project managers, workers, team members, and owners flexibility—this aided project managers in retaining high-productivity onsite work. As a result of the epidemic, demand for building information modeling software is likely to skyrocket.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
IoT is becoming more popular in the construction industry
- Modeling and ordering procedures can become more straightforward with IoT in construction, and the appropriate material can be supplied straight to the building site, eliminating the time required for ordering. Prefabrication can benefit from IoT technologies. Using prefabricated building components instead of traditional building methods can result in faster and more cost-effective solutions, as well as reduced construction waste.
- Using prefab for major commercial building projects, on the other hand, might be challenging to coordinate with the entire construction lifecycle. As a result, the Internet of Things (IoT) can assist in resolving this issue. Companies like Trimble, ES Track, Pillar Technologies, and others are developing and deploying IoT technologies in the construction industry, so the future seems bright. They are pushing construction company owners to check out the technology and discover for themselves how beneficial it is.
- This technology may be used to track down people on the job and keep them out of harm's way. It may be used to produce a real-time map of the construction site so that everyone is aware of who is there and what is being done. Some danger zones and managers' only zones can be highlighted on the map in a genuinely grave scenario, and others can be prevented from visiting such regions if it isn't essential. IoT Devices might collect all of this information on the site and utilize it for the projects.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America Building Information Modelling Market Competitor Analysis
The North America building information modeling market is highly competitive owing to the presence of many small and large vendors providing solutions in the domestic and international markets. The market appears to be a highly fragmented stage with new players in the market. Major players in the market are adopting strategies like product and service innovation and mergers and acquisitions. Some of the major players in the market are Autodesk Inc., Bentley Systems Inc., Dassault Systemes SA, Hexagon AB, among others.
- June 2021: SPIDA Software, a producer of specialized software for the design, analysis, and administration of utility pole systems, has been bought by Bentley Systems. SPIDA's integration with Bentley's OpenUtilities engineering software and grid digital twin cloud services will aid in the transition to new renewable energy sources.
- April 2021: Trimble Quadri Building Information Modeling (BIM) collaboration software is now available in North America. Quadri software provides reliability and transparency of essential features and workstreams across the asset lifetime by allowing users to organize, group, and control data sets inside a single model or project.
North America Building Information Modelling Market Top Players
Dassault Systèmes SE
Bentley Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Building Information Modelling Market Recent Developments
- July 2021: AVEVA, an industrial software company, has partnered with RIB Software, a digital construction company, to expand its Project Execution portfolio for the process and plant industries. The connection will deliver additional features from the RIB MTWO platform to the AVEVA Unified Project Execution solution, such as improved estimating and project cost management, as well as more robust dashboards and KPI monitoring.
- April 2021: Dassault Systèmes and Bouygues Construction have renewed their strategic cooperation in order to expand the construction industry's horizons. The three-year extension will boost research and development of cloud-based and mobile-enabled systemic and modular ways to restructure the industry's multiscale, fragmented ecosystems and solve sustainability issues.
North America Building Information Modelling Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Government Initiatives
5.1.2 Technological Upgradation in Construcution Sector
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Cost of Product
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.2 By Deployment Type
6.3 By Application
6.4 By Country
6.4.1 United States
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Autodesk, Inc.
7.1.2 Dassault Systmes SE
7.1.3 Hexagon AB
7.1.4 Bentley Systems Inc.
7.1.5 Trimble Inc.
7.1.6 Aveva Group PLC
7.1.7 Bimeye Inc.
7.1.8 Topcon Positioning Systems Inc
7.1.9 Asite Solutions Ltd
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
North America Building Information Modelling Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The NA Building Information Modelling Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of NA Building Information Modelling Market?
The NA Building Information Modelling Market is growing at a CAGR of 13.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in NA Building Information Modelling Market?
Autodesk, Inc., Dassault Systèmes SE, Hexagon AB, Bentley Systems Inc., Trimble Inc. are the major companies operating in NA Building Information Modelling Market.
NA Building Information Modelling Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the NA Building Information Modelling sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The NA Building Information Modelling research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the NA Building Information Modelling report PDF.