Cat Food Market
The pet food sector is among the fastest growing sectors within the food industry. Factors such as urbanization and a growing pet population have only fueled the progress of this industry. The pet food market has captured sales amounting to USD 22.62 billion (statistics gathered by APPA) in the United States and the figure is around USD 24 billion in the UK in 2013 (statistics from FEDIAF).
By end of 2016, cat food sales are expected to grow by 3.2% in the UK. Nestle Purina and Mars Foods are the top players competing in the UK and US markets. As pet food becomes more specialized, based on life stage and breed, pet owners prefer prepared over homemade food, to maintain the well-being of their animals. Cats worldwide are enjoying better food and longer lives today. If you own a cat, you are majorly driving this trend. By the end of 2017, demand for pet food is expected to boost sales to USD 95.7 billion across the globe.
The cat population is set to increase to 9.5 million by the end of 2016. This will cause cat food sales to perform well in the foreseeable future. Consumers are looking at organic and natural foods and this trend is reflected on pet food as well. There is more demand for complete pet food that provides an animal entire nutritional needs than for complementary foods that can only be used in combination with other nutrient sources. In spite of the waning dog population and greater maturity than cat food, dog food is likely to bring a few surprises and dynamic trends in the short term.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the global cat food market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global cat food market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Study Deliverables
2. Research Scope and Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.3 Research Phases
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Trend of Pet Humanization
4.1.2 Increasing Trend of Nuclear Family
4.1.3 Channel Specific Product Development
4.1.4 Increasing Online Sales and Home Delivery
4.2.1 Issues with Regulatory System
4.2.2 Side-effects Due to Cat Food
5. Industry Analysis
5.1 Porters Five forces Frame Work
5.1.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
5.1.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.1.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.1.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.1.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
6. Market Segmentation by Ingredient Type
6.1 Animal Derived
6.2 Plant Derived (Fruits and Vegetables, Grains and Oilseeds)
6.3 Cereals and Cereal By-products
7. Market Segmentation by Geography
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.2.1 United Kingdom
7.3.2 New Zealand
7.4 Rest of the World
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Most Adopted Strategies
8.2 Most Active Companies
8.3 Market Share Analysis
9. Company Profiles
9.2 Del Monte Foods
9.4 Nestle Purina PetCare Company
9.5 Procter & Gamble Co
9.7 Blue Buffalo Company
9.8 Canidae Natural Pet Food Company
10. Future Outlook of the Market