North America Automotive Parts Aluminum Die Casting Market
The market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.27% during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021.
The North America automotive parts aluminium die casting market is segmented on the basis of production process type into pressure die casting, vacuum die casting squeeze die casting, and semi-solid die casting. On the basis of application type, the market has been segmented into body assemblies, engine parts, transmission parts, and others. On the basis of geography, the market has been segmented into the United States, Canada, Mexico, and others.
Transportation alone accounts to over 25.0% of the aluminium end market share. With the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards becoming increasingly stringent, automobile manufacturers have been forced to continually seek for better ways to increase the fuel economy. Reducing the vehicle weight has been the prime agenda to improve the gas mileage, and the most popular scope for achieving the same has been replacing steel parts with aluminium parts. According to a recent study, aluminium is now regarded as the leading material that is used in the production of engine and wheels in automobiles. Audi has been manufacturing an all-aluminium structure for its A8 model for nearly 20 years. Ford is developing an all-aluminium structure for its F-150 pickup. Along with the chassis, employing aluminium die-casting parts has also been the latest trend and it was observed that cutting down the weight of the vehicle by 15.0% could enhance the fuel economy by 25.0%.
Increased automation in the die casting industry has spiked the productivity and a parallel demand for the former from the automotive industry has been attracting the attention of automotive manufacturers towards highly durable aluminium die casting parts.
The automobile industry is highly dependent on the environmental protection agency regulations, owing to the high emissions emitted by the automotive units. The move by EPA of raising the mile per gallons standards to 35.5 miles per gallon by 2016 and then 54.5 mpg by 2025 has actually helped the die casting industry, as the auto industry concluded the only way they can get to those mileage standards is by light weighting the vehicles. Aluminium, and specifically aluminium die castings, in many of the power train and engine areas, is the only way they’ve concluded they could achieve this. This is one of the major reasons for the predicted growth of the industry in the area of structural die-castings as well. Furthermore, aluminium is becoming an increasingly popular material for this purpose due to its ability to be easily recycled. Approximately 75.0% of aluminium consumed can be reused, and reclaimed aluminium can be recycled indefinitely, making it the most popular material for automotive part die casting.
North America is the largest market for automotive aluminium die casting, globally. This huge market in the region was mainly due to large-scale domestic production, government initiatives, and availability of resources. Alcoa, Rockman Industries, Castwel Auto parts Pvt. Ltd., Endurance Group, Dynacast, Sandhar Technologies Limited, Gibbs Die Casting Group, and Die Casting Solution GmbH are some of the key players in the market.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the North America Automotive Parts Aluminium Die Casting Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America automotive parts aluminium die casting market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
1.1 STUDY DELIVERABLES
1.2 GENERAL STUDY ASSUMPTIONS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.2 ANALYSIS METHODOLOGY
2.3 STUDY ASSUMPTIONS
2.4 ECONOMETRIC FORECAST MODEL
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
5. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
5.1 CURRENT MARKET SCENARIO
5.2 TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
5.3 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.3.1 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
5.3.2 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS/SERVICES
5.3.3 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
5.3.4 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
5.3.5 INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
6. MARKET DYNAMICS
7. NORTH AMERICA AUTOMOTIVE PARTS ALUMINIUM DIE CASTING MARKET SEGMENTATION, BY PRODUCTION PROCESS
7.1 PRESSURE DIE CASTING
7.2 VACCUM DIE CASTING
7.3 SQUEEZE DIE CASTING
7.4 SEMI SOLID DIE CASTING
8. NORTH AMERICA AUTOMOTIVE PARTS ALUMINIUM DIE CASTING MARKET SEGMENTATION, BY APPLICATION
8.1 ENGINE PARTS
8.2 TRANSMISSION COMPONENTS
8.3 BODY PARTS
9. NORTH AMERICA AUTOMOTIVE PARTS ALUMINIUM DIE CASTING MARKET SEGMENTATION, BY GEOGRAPHY
9.3 REST OF NORTH AMERICA
10. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.1 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
10.2 STRATEGIES AND DEVELOPMENTS OF KEY PLAYERS
11. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS
11.1 KSPG AG
11.2 RYOBI DIE CASTING INC
11.3 MARTINREA HONSEL
11.4 KSM CASTINGS
11.5 ALBERT HANDTMANN METALLGUSSWERK GMBH & CO. KG
11.6 SAINT JEAN INDUSTRIES
11.9 EMPIRE DIE CASTING COMPANY
11.10 GRUPO ANTOLIN-IRAUSA, S.A.
11.11 KOCH ENTERPRISES (GIBBS DIE CASTING GROUP)
11.12 PACE INDUSTRIES
11.13 INTERPLEX HOLDINGS LIMITED
11.14 SHILOH INDUSTRIES
11.15 LOROM INDUSTRIES
11.16 ALCOA INC.
11.17 FAIST GROUP
11.18 KINETIC DIE CASTING COMPANY
11.19 CHICAGO WHITE METAL CASTING INC.
11.20 CALIFORNIA DIE CASTING