Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market Analysis
The non-Hodgkin lymphoma therapeutics market is expected to register a CAGR of nearly 7.4% during the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic had some adverse impacts on market growth, as stated by the effects shown in various research studies. For instance, in August 2021, a research study published in BMC Infectious Diseases stated that non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma presents a dilemma to healthcare professionals as there is concern that chemotherapeutic and immunosuppressive treatment which is a pillar of cancer therapy, may lead to a worsening of comorbid COVID-19 infections. Similarly, another research study published in August 2021 in the American Society of Hematology stated that patients diagnosed with B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (B-NHL) are at risk of severe COVID-19 disease and effective vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 may help protect patients with lymphoma against COVID-19. However, the intrinsic immune deficiency associated with B-NHL, as well as the anti-lymphoma treatment itself, may hamper responsiveness to vaccinations. Such studies provide insight into the adverse impact of COVID-19 on non-Hodgkin lymphoma therapeutics market growth during the initial pandemic. However, the market has seen a positive shift in the late pandemic and is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period.
- Certain factors that are driving the market growth include the growing burden of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), demand for innovative drugs and novel technologies, and an increase in the number of regulatory approvals for NHL therapy drugs. According to the study published in the American Society of Hematology in November 2022, it is estimated that 779,000 new NHL cases were projected to occur by 2040, with an increase of 43% increase from 2020. Therefore, the rising burden of the NHL is expected to drive market growth due to the rising adoption of NHL therapeutics.
- The rising approvals of drugs for the NHL are also expected to drive market growth. For instance, in November 2022, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accepted for Priority Review the Biologics License Application (BLA) for Genmab's subcutaneous epcoritamab (DuoBody-CD3xCD20), an investigational bispecific antibody, for the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory large B-cell lymphoma (LBCL) after two or more lines of systemic therapy. In addition, in January 2022, a new gene therapy treatment named Breyanzi (lisocabtagene maraleucel) for the treatment of adult patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma received marketing authorization in the European Union. Such approvals are anticipated to drive the market growth due to accelerated drug discovery, driving the market growth.
- However, the high cost of NHL drugs and various complications associated with them are acting as major restraints for the non-Hodgkin lymphoma therapeutics market. Additionally, stringent regulatory guidelines are limiting the growth of the market.
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Industry Segmentation
Non-hodgkin lymphoma (also known as non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, NHL, or just lymphoma) is a type of cancer that starts in white blood cells called lymphocytes, which are part of the body’s immune system. NHL usually starts in lymph nodes or other lymph tissues, but sometimes it can affect the skin.
The non-Hodgkin lymphoma therapeutics market is segmented by type of therapy (chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, and other types of therapies), cell type (B-cell lymphomas and T-cell lymphoma), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and South America). The market report also covers the estimated market sizes and trends for 17 different countries across major regions globally.
The report offers the value (USD) for the above-mentioned segments.
|By Type of Therapy|
|Other Types of Therapies|
|By Cell Type|
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market Trends
The Radiation Therapy Segment is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share over the Forecast Period
- Radiotherapy (RT) plays an essential role in the management of NHL and remains the most powerful therapeutic intervention for aggressive subtypes of NHL.
- Rising initiatives from the key market players, such as launches and partnerships, are the major factors responsible for the segment's growth. Many companies entered into a partnership to provide the radiopharmaceutical industry with a unique service solution for theranostic drug development. For instance, in July 2021, Oncodesign, Covalab, CheMatech, and ABX-CRO entered into a partnership to launch the DRIVE-MRT (Molecular Radiotherapy) solution. The DRIVE-MRT has all technologies related to the validation of targets, the generation and optimization of vectors, and the radiochemistry and PET/SPECT imaging techniques.
- Likewise, in May 2021, United Imaging, a China-based company involved in medical imaging and radiotherapy equipment, launched its uAIFI Technology Platform for MR and uExcel Technology Platform for PET/CT at the China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF). Therefore, key initiatives such as partnerships and the launch of products in the market are anticipated to increase the availability of products, driving market growth.
- The rising importance of radiation therapy in the management of NHL is expected to drive the segment's growth. For instance, according to the study published by Oncology Journal in December 2022, radiation therapy such as involved-field radiotherapy is very useful in the treatment of extranodal and nodal NHL and can provide tailored treatments. Therefore, the advantages of radiation therapy in the effective treatment of NHL in individual patients are expected to drive the segment's growth.
- Thus, owing to the diverse advantages of radiation therapy in the management of NHL and rising initiatives from the key market players, it is expected to show growth over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold a Healthy Growth in the Market Over the Forecast Period
- Due to increasing technological advancements and the rising incidences of NHL, North America is expected to show healthy growth in the non-Hodgkin's lymphoma therapeutics market.
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) is one of the most common cancers in the United States. In January 2023, the American Cancer Society's estimates for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma are that about 80,550 people (44,880 males and 35,670 females) will be diagnosed with NHL. Furthermore, according to the Canadian Cancer Society, in May 2022, 11,400 Canadians will be diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma, including 6,600 men and 4,800 women. Thus, such a huge incidence of NHL will likely contribute to regional growth due to the increased adoption of NHL therapeutics.
- Furthermore, the approval of innovative therapies for the NHL is another factor boosting the market's growth. For instance, in April 2022, the US FDA approved axicabtagene ciloleucel (Yescarta, Kite Pharma, Inc.) for adult patients with large B-cell lymphoma (LBCL). In addition, in January 2022, Cellular Biomedicine Group Inc. received US FDA approval for C-CAR039, a novel autologous bi-specific CAR-T therapy targeting both CD19 and CD20 antigens for the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B cell lymphoma (r/r DLBCL).
- Hence, factors such as the rising incidence of NHL and initiatives such as product launches from the key market players are expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Industry Overview
The non-Hodgkin lymphoma therapeutics market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. The factors owing to the competition include rising initiatives from the key market players for the launch of innovative therapies, partnerships for drug development, and rising advancements in cancer research, among others. Some of the companies operating in the market include AstraZeneca, Baxter International Inc., Bayer AG, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Eli Lilly and Co., F. Hoffmann La-Roche Ltd, and GlaxoSmithKline PLC.
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market Leaders
F. Hoffmann La-Roche Ltd
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market News
- May 2023: The US FDA approved the investigational new drug (IND) application of SIRPant Immunotherapeutics for the initiation of a first-in-human phase I clinical trial to treat relapsed refractory non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- May 2023: The US FDA approved AbbVie's EPKINLY(epcoritamab-bysp), a T-cell engaging bispecific antibody for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory (R/R) diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL).
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Burden of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL)
4.2.2 Demand for Innovative Drugs and Novel Technologies
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Cost of the Drugs Used in NHL Therapy
4.3.2 Side Effects Associated with NHL Drugs
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Value – USD)
5.1 By Type of Therapy
5.1.2 Radiation Therapy
5.1.3 Targeted Therapy
5.1.4 Other Types of Therapies
5.2 By Cell Type
5.2.1 B-cell Lymphomas
5.2.2 T-cell Lymphoma
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle East and Africa
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 AstraZeneca PLC
6.1.2 Baxter International Inc.
6.1.3 Bayer AG
6.1.4 Bristol Myers Squibb Company
6.1.5 Eli Lilly and Company
6.1.6 F. Hoffmann La-Roche Ltd
6.1.7 GlaxoSmithKline PLC
6.1.8 Seagen Inc
6.1.9 Teva Pharmaceuticals
6.1.10 Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
6.1.11 Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc.
6.1.12 Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market?
The Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market?
AstraZeneca PLC, Bayer AG, F. Hoffmann La-Roche Ltd, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Seagen Inc are the major companies operating in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Market.
Global Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Therapeutics analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.