Managed Mobility Services Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 6.07 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 18.81 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Managed Mobility Services Market Analysis
The Global Managed Mobility Services Market size is estimated at USD 6.07 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 18.81 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 25.41% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
- The managed mobility service providers offer solutions that ease the burden on enterprise IT departments by dealing with complex managing of various device platforms, with the help of interpreted content for specialized mobile applications. Therefore, managed mobility services enable easy communication with mobile office workers by connecting them with management, servers, and databases. Thus, it allows enterprises to overcome the traditional communications that involve PC only for business emails, databases, and other corporate content.
- Furthermore, mobility as a service solution simplifies corporate personnel's complex mobile device technology needs by offering a single partner to manage the whole mobile device lifecycle. Thus, these companies take the hassle of managing mobile technology so that IT teams can save resources and time to focus on the strategic initiatives that are helping them to transform their businesses.
- The growing shift of mature organizations toward digital connectivity drives at least 50% of employees to use more than one device for work that demands centralized management. Thus, the rise of new types of carrier devices continues to flood workplaces and expand the mobility ecosystem, driving the need for experienced MMS providers to handle the complexity of communication across organizations.
- The use of mobile devices among doctors, nurses, patients, and other supporting staff has increased worldwide. Moreover, organizations in the healthcare end-user industry must adhere to HIPAA regulations for data sharing and storage. These factors are expected to drive the adoption of managed mobility services in the healthcare industry.
- Customers are still witnessing challenges for cost visibility as they invest in the third-party managed mobility service. Some vendors lack the expertise to estimate the total costs or the capacity or resources in order to add individual parameters to arrive at an estimated cost manually. Such challenges add a drawback to the market.
- Overall, the impact of COVID-19 on the global managed mobility services market has been mixed. While the pandemic has increased demand for MMS services due to the shift toward remote work, it has also caused disruptions to supply chains and economic uncertainties, leading to a decrease in investment in some cases. However, the pandemic has also accelerated technological advancements in the global MMS market, leading to new and innovative solutions. The market for MMS services is expected to grow in the long term as companies look for ways to increase efficiency and adapt to changing business environments.
Managed Mobility Services Market Trends
IT and Telecom End-user Industry Segment Holds Significant Market Share
- The IT and telecom sector is a significant market for managed services. Due to the high rate of various technological adoptions, the enterprise mobility trend has emerged over the years. Today, companies primarily focus on business strategies and core competencies, fueling the utilization and adoption of bring-your-own-device (BYOD). This increases the requirement for streamlined mobility services, likely to boost the demand for managing these mobile devices.
- Furthermore, the growing mobile subscriber base in emerging countries, such as China, India, and Brazil, has been propelling the adoption of BYOD policies, enhancing work efficiency and flexibility in operations. According to a Cisco report, enterprises with a BYOD policy save, on average, USD 350 per year per employee. Moreover, reactive programs can boost these savings to USD 1,300 per year per employee.
- The demand for managed cloud services has increased across the globe due to government regulations and lockdown measures due to the COVID-19 pandemic, further boosting the managed mobility services and forcing businesses to move towards remote working modes, which has led companies to adopt cloud-based solutions to expand their requirements.
- Cybersecurity compliance requirements mandated by the state and local governments and regulatory bodies also drive the need for managed mobility application services to be security-focused. Additionally, as dedicated, on-premise hardware for computing purposes will decrease, and most of the functionality will become cloud-based, privacy and security issues will become more intense.
- Adopting IoT solutions in managed mobility services, which connect hardware devices, embedded software, and communication services, offers smart communication environments, smart transportation, smart homes, and smart healthcare and is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
North America to Hold Major Share over the Forecast Period
- According to the annual internet report by Cisco, the average number of devices and connections per capita worldwide is anticipated to increase to 3.6 by the end of the year 2023. Among the countries with the highest average per capita devices and connections by 2023, the United States is expected to remain at the top with an average of 13.6 devices and connections per capita, followed by South Korea and Japan.
- Moreover, the 5G penetration in the country also encourages the demand for IoT devices in the future. The focus on deploying 5G by national mobile operators, like AT&T, Sprint, T mobile, and Verizon, has led to significant developments over the years. According to the GSMA, 5G will reach 100 million mobile connections in early 2023 and become the country's leading mobile network technology by 2025, with more than 190 million 5G connections.
- Cloud and digital transformation have increased the total cost of a data breach. The use of mobile platforms, extensive cloud migration, and IoT devices are the drivers increasing the cost. According to the Ponemon Institute's "Cost of Data Breach Study," the global average for a data breach was USD 3.83 million. However, the average data breach cost in the United States was significantly high at USD 8.64 million. The high potential of data breaches is expected to drive the managed mobile services market as enterprises focus more on IT security.
- The Canadian managed mobility services market is witnessing increased investments further driven by the COVID-19 pandemic-induced work culture. For instance, in September 2021, MSP Corp Investments Inc. raised USD 35 million in growth capital to acquire and invest in managed IT services providers (MSPs) across Canada. Major financial backers include CIBC and BDC Capital's Growth Equity Partners - Fund II. The company partners and acquires high-performing MSPs in the country to deliver technology, resources, and business support to empower MSP teams. Key areas of focus of the company include managed network services, mobility management, cybersecurity, and cloud hosting.
- The digital trends brought globally by the Industry 4.0 initiatives also drive the need for industrial IoT. For instance, in May 2021, Toronto-based BehrTech, a startup, was awarded for its wireless connectivity products for the IoT that the company developed in 2020, and the company also received a USD 3 million grant from a joint funding program between the federal government and a non-profit organization to build an Industry 4.0 lab.
Managed Mobility Services Industry Overview
The managed mobility services market is fragmented, with the presence of major players like AT&T Intellectual Property, Fujitsu, Kyndryl Inc., Wipro, and Orange SA. Players in the market are adopting strategies such as partnerships, agreements, innovations, and acquisitions to enhance their service offerings and gain sustainable competitive advantage.
- February 2023: Kyndryland Nokia expanded its global network and edge computing alliance. The three-year agreement extends plans to collaborate on and accelerate the deployment of flexible, dependable, and secure LTE and 5G private wireless connectivity services, as well as Industry 4.0 solutions. Furthermore, Kyndryl increases its strategic investment in Nokia by achieving the highest tier Nokia Digital Automation Cloud (DAC) accreditation status, increasing expert resources and skilled practitioners ready to support customers worldwide. Kyndryland Nokia opened a partner innovation lab in Raleigh, North Carolina. The lab will integrate advanced wireless connectivity and edge computing with a multi-factor zero trust model, converging IT and OT for enterprises.
- March 2023: Wipro officially launched its "5G Def-I" platform. The integrated platform, which enables businesses in the mobility market to transform their infrastructure, networks, and services seamlessly, debuted at the MWC Barcelona panel, realizing the connected enterprise's goals. Wipro's 5G Def-iplatform, built on open standards, offers the cloud-native environment, network APIs, and third-party integrations required for businesses to onboard existing infrastructure, incubate new apps and services, and keep up with technological changes. The integrated suite combines cloud scalability with 5G speed and capacity. It also includes an intelligence layer for creating actionable business insights. It also includes visibility into endpoint devices and data insights, faster service implementation for network operators, and rapid deployment of new enterprise applications.
Managed Mobility Services Market Leaders
AT&T Intellectual Property
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Managed Mobility Services Market News
- February 2023: Kyndryland Microsoft established its first Latin American Center of Excellence with multidisciplinary teams in Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru. The center combines Kyndryl'sexpertise and understanding of mission-critical IT systems with the Microsoft Cloud to assist companies in the region in accelerating their digital transformation journeys. Organizations throughout Latin America have identified the need to modernize their IT structures and legacy systems by migrating to cloud environments. This will allow them to increase hybrid cloud speed and agility. According to IDC, the cloud market in the region will grow by more than 30% by 2023. Furthermore, the Kyndryland Microsoft Center of Excellence will be a central hub of information, resources, and skills related to Microsoft technologies to support enterprise customers throughout Latin America. Kyndryl's experts in solutions, consulting, and managed services, will collaborate with Microsoft architects and technical staff to co-create replicable assets, conduct proof of concepts (POCs), and scale innovation best practices.
- February 2023: Spanish company Telefonica SA and US-based SkydwellerAero Inc., which develop solar-powered aircraft for defense and commercial industries, announced an official partnership to explore developing connectivity solutions to accelerate the expansion of cellular coverage, delivering reliable and affordable broadband access in unserved and underserved regions.
Managed Mobility Services Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Adoption of BYOD in Multiple Industries
5.1.2 Companies Outsourcing IT Activities
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of Control over Operations and Cost Visibility
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Function
6.1.1 Mobile Device Management
6.1.2 Mobile Application Management
6.1.3 Mobile Security
6.1.4 Other Functions
6.2 By Deployment
6.3 By End-user Industry
6.3.1 IT and Telecom
6.3.7 Other End-user Industries
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 AT&T Intellectual Property
7.1.3 Kyndryl Inc.
7.1.5 Orange SA
7.1.6 Telefónica SA
7.1.7 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
7.1.8 Hewlett Packard Enterprise
7.1.9 Vodafone Group PLC
7.1.10 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.11 Tech Mahindra
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Managed Mobility Services Market Research FAQs
How big is the Global Managed Mobility Services Market?
The Global Managed Mobility Services Market size is expected to reach USD 6.07 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 25.41% to reach USD 18.81 billion by 2029.
What is the current Global Managed Mobility Services Market size?
In 2024, the Global Managed Mobility Services Market size is expected to reach USD 6.07 billion.
Who are the key players in Global Managed Mobility Services Market?
AT&T Intellectual Property , Fujitsu , Kyndryl Inc. , Wipro and Orange S.A. are the major companies operating in the Global Managed Mobility Services Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Managed Mobility Services Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Managed Mobility Services Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Global Managed Mobility Services Market.
What years does this Global Managed Mobility Services Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Global Managed Mobility Services Market size was estimated at USD 4.84 billion. The report covers the Global Managed Mobility Services Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Global Managed Mobility Services Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Managed Mobility Services Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Managed Mobility Services market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Managed Mobility Services analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.