This increase in the retail market compounded with the growth of the economy of this region, the packaging market will grow rapidly. The regional demand and the export market have a high demand for packaging.
The Middle East packaging automation market is estimated to grow from USD 4.48 billion in 2016 to USD 7.75 billion by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 9.57%. This is attributed to the steady economic growth in the region. The economy of Latin America is expected to grow from 2.9% in 2014 to 3.5% in 2015 and 3.7% in 2016. The steady growth in this region for some years and economic policies has improved the lives of millions. The poverty rate has also declined from 42% in 2000 to 25% in 2012 and the middle class has increased from 22% to 34% in the same time.
This growing demand for packaging is met by the automation packaging that helps in speeding up the process of packaging of goods. As the demand for packaging increases the, demand for automated packaging also increases.
Increasing competition is forcing manufacturers to take steps that reduce costs of their packaging processes. Those who are not moving with time are at risk of losing market share as well as the possibility of being pushed out of the marketplace. Adopting cost cutting measures means automating different manual processes and increasing the level of semi-automation process. Packaging was a completely manual process, before packaging automation made an impact.
Processes like filling, labeling, bagging, palletizing, capping and others have been automated. No more manual intervention is required for these processes. Different enterprises manufacturing products like food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, personal care, beverages and even warehouses are increasingly using such automation solutions to streamline their business processes as well as reduce operating costs.
- Increasing pressure on manufacturers to cut down operating costs
- Emerging markets are emerging as low-cost labor and increased competition
- Reduces machine downtime and product waste
- Initial costs are high
The major problem with this market is the striking socioeconomic differences. The regions close to the urban areas have high GDP per capita which is very much different from the other regions. Also Brazil, Mexico and Argentina are the major driving forces of the region and the other countries are still not the major drivers in terms of economy and FDI. With this region getting a lot of investment and support from countries like the USA, the economic situation will improve and create more economic hubs across the region.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market segmented on the basis of packaging material used and the end-user industry. Detailed estimates for the next five years are included along with the analysis of the major players and their strategies. There are many vendors who are manufacturing different packaging automation solutions. Some of them mentioned in the report are ABB, Mitsubishi, Schneider Electric, Rockwell Automation, Swisslog and Rockwell Automation.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
- Market definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Who should be interested in this report?
- Vendors who are into manufacturing of different packaging automation solutions as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Manufactures in need of better understanding of different packaging automation solutions and companies which are providing such services.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wants to know about this industry.
1.1 Key Findings
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Factors Driving the Market
3.2.1 Increasing Pressure on Manufacturers to Cut Down Operating Costs
3.2.2 Emerging Markets are Emerging as Low Cost Labor and Increased Competition
3.2.3 Reduces Machine Downtime and Product Waste
3.3 Factors Restraining the Market
3.3.1 Initial Costs are High
3.4 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
3.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4. Technology Overview
4.1 Technology Snapshot
4.2 Industry Applications
4.3 Types of Packaging Automation Solutions
4.3.3 Horizontal/Vertical Pillow
4.3.4 Case Packaging
5. Middle East and Africa Packaging Automation Market by Businesses
5.1 B2B e-commerce retailers
5.1.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.2 B2C e-commerce retailers
5.2.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.3 Omni Channel Retailers
5.3.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.4 Wholesale Distributors
5.4.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.5.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.6 Personal Document Shippers
5.6.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
5.7.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6. Middle East and Africa Packaging Automation Market by End-User Market
6.1.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.2.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.3.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.4.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.5.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.6.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.7.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.8.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
6.9.2 Market Share and Forecast Analysis
7. Middle East and Africa Packaging Automation Market Segmentation by Solution
7.1.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.1.2 Analyst View
7.2.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.2.2 Analyst View
7.3 Horizontal/Vertical Pillow
7.3.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.3.2 Analyst View
7.4 Case Packaging
7.4.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.4.2 Analyst View
7.5.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.5.2 Analyst View
7.6.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.6.2 Analyst View
7.7.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.7.2 Analyst View
7.7.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.7.2 Analyst View
7.8.1 Market Share and Trend Analysis
7.8.2 Analyst View
8. Middle East and Africa Packaging Automation Market Segmentation
8.1 Middle East and Africa
8.1.2 Saudi Arabia
8.1.4 South Africa
8.1.6 Analyst View
9. Vendor Market Share Analysis
10. Company Profiles
10.1.2 Major Packaging Services
10.1.4 Recent Developments
10.2.2 Major Packaging Services
10.2.4 Recent Developments
10.3 Rockwell Automation
10.3.2 Major Packaging Services
10.3.4 Recent Developments
10.4.2 Major Packaging Services
10.4.4 Recent Developments
10.5.2 Major Packaging Services
10.5.4 Recent Developments
10.6 Emerson Industrial Automation
10.6.2 Major Packaging Services
10.6.4 Recent Developments
10.7 ULMA Packaging
10.7.2 Major Packaging Services
10.7.4 Recent Developments
10.8 ATS Automation Tooling Systems
10.8.2 Major Packaging Services
10.8.4 Recent Developments
10.9.2 Major Packaging Services
10.9.4 Recent Developments
10.10 Massman Automation Designs, LLC
10.10.2 Major Packaging Services
10.10.4 Recent Developments
10.11 Schneider Electric
10.11.2 Major Packaging Services
10.11.4 Recent Developments
10.12.2 Major Packaging Services
10.12.4 Recent Developments
10.13 Gerhard Schubert GmbH
10.13.2 Major Packaging Services
10.13.4 Recent Developments
11. Future of Middle East and Africa Package Automation Market
List of Figures
List of Tables