MEA Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
MEA Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market Analysis
The Middle East and Africa Factory Automation and Industrial Controls Market is expected to register a CAGR of approximately 6.8% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown restrictions across the region have affected industrial activities including disruption of supply chain. However, the pandemic has forced manufacturing industries to re-evaluate their traditional production processes and adapt to smart manufacturing practices across the production lines.
- Following the global economic recession led by COVID-19, the Middle Eastern and African factory automation and industrial control system market has witnessed positive impact from the demand side and mixed impact from the supply side in the first half of 2020. Smart factory initiatives have helped manufacturers overcome COVID-19 challenges and address issues such as workforce reductions, drops in sales for some specific products, social distancing, and extreme pressure to cut operational costs since most enterprises operating in the end-user industries (majorly manufacturing, automotive) had shuttered down their production sites due to lockdown restrictions.
- The GCC is eyeing a new manufacturing era based on modern industrial society. The increasing active collaborations between government, regulators, and organizations for economic development is one of the major factors driving growth in the region's automation and manufacturing sectors.
- The market in these countries is majorly driven by increasing investments in the oil and gas industry. The progress in the oil and gas sector is translating into other industries and notably energy solutions. For instance, in October 2019, the Nigerian government partnered with the Government of Norway to work out measures that will help in the expansion of Nigeria's power sector.
- Saudi Arabia initiated USD 7 billion of renewable energy projects in 2018, with solar plants being the frontrunner. It is part of its plan to install 9.5 gigawatts of solar and wind capacity by 2023. such infrastructural developments are likely to provide for industrial controls and factory automation solutions.
MEA Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the MEA Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market according to our research experts:
Oil and Gas Industry to Drive the Market Growth
- The oil and gas industry is home to several government regulations for safety, reliability in the plant, and efficiency. The ICS finds applications in Remote Terminal Units (RTU) and pumping and compression stations to ensure safety.
- In order to maintain the safety and environmental integrity without compromising on the efficiency of production, the oil and gas industry is increasingly adopting ICS. Automation helps in integrating information and control, power, and safety solutions to meet the demand for affordable energy and stringent government regulations.
- Moreover, the prevention of downtime and improving overall asset performance can be done through real-time monitoring of data from the ESPs. The effectiveness of oil and gas operators can be improved with the adoption of DCS, which enhances alarm management, provides proactive maintenance, and offers guided decision-making, improving overall asset performance.
- Due to its pre-salt development plans, the oil and gas segment is expected to witness steady growth in the coming years. The utilization of Big Data and the Internet of Things (IoT) is expected to help determine further opportunities for the companies. Moreover, the region has significant oil and gas rigs, offering ample opportunities for the market to grow in the region.
Saudi Arabia Holds Significant Market Share
- Saudi Arabia is expected to be one of the leading regions in the Middle East & Africa region in the factory automation and industrial control system market, owing to increasing government investments in new technologies. Industry 4.0 is also playing a vital role in the future of the country’s automation and manufacturing sector.
- Many mega projects, such as Saudi’s NEOM city, are also driving advanced control systems and automation in infrastructure development. Focus on the manufacturing sector led by Industry 4.0 indicates the companies readiness to adopt new technologies to boost production output at a better quality.
- The country has announced an investment of USD 500 billion into nine key investment sectors in the city: energy and water, mobility, biotech, food, technological and digital sciences, advanced manufacturing, media, and entertainment. Hence, the studied market has a tremendous opportunity for growth in Saudi Arabia over the forecast period.
- Notably, Saudi Arabia’s 2030 Vision calls for leveraging the Kingdom’s location, strategic partnerships, energy sources, and logistics to stimulate a new industrialization phase and automation in the country. It aims to bring manufacturing half of the Kingdom’s military needs within the Kingdom by 2030 and to automate the Kingdom’s renewable energy and industrial manufacturing sector.
MEA Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Industry Overview
The Middle East and Africa factory automation and industrial controls market is moderately fragmented. Players are involved in product development and strategic activities such as partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions.
- September 2020 - COPA-DATA's Zenon software platform was established as the standard software for digitalization and automation in the energy and utility sectors. In addition to strengthen market coverage in the region, COPA-DATA CEE/ME has founded a permanent branch office in Saudi Arabia.
- June 2020 - Rockwell Automation Inc. and PTC introduced Factory Insights as a Service, a turnkey cloud solution that enables manufacturers to achieve unprecedented impact, speed, and scale with their digital transformation initiatives.
MEA Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market Leaders
Yokogawa Electric Corporation
Rockwell Automation Inc.
Honeywell International Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
MEA Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market News
- October 2020 - ABB limited partnered with IBM to bolster cybersecurity for industrial operations through its process control systems that can connect with the IBM security platform for digital threat visibility. This is expected to help improve security for industrial operators.
- April 2020 - Rockwell Automation PlantPax created a modern DCS to optimize plant performance in the Middle Eastern and African region for the oil and gas industry.
MEA Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Demand for Fast Production Capacity Creates Need for Rampant Industrial Automation
4.4.2 Rising Incidences of Cyberattacks
4.5 Market Challenges
4.5.1 Lack of Awareness Regarding Automation
4.5.2 Complexity in Implementing Security Systems
4.6 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Industrial Control Systems
184.108.40.206 Distributed Control System (DCS)
220.127.116.11 Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
18.104.22.168 Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
22.214.171.124 Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
126.96.36.199 Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
188.8.131.52 Human Machine Interface (HMI)
184.108.40.206 Other Industrial Control Systems
5.1.2 Field Devices
220.127.116.11 Machine Vision Systems
18.104.22.168 Industrial Robotic
22.214.171.124 Motors and Drives
126.96.36.199 Safety Systems
188.8.131.52 Sensors and Transmitters
184.108.40.206 Other Field Devices
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Oil and Gas
5.2.2 Chemical and Petrochemical
5.2.3 Power and Utilities
5.2.4 Food and Beverages
5.2.5 Automotive and Transportation
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 United Arab Emirates
5.3.2 Saudi Arabia
5.3.3 South Africa
5.3.4 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 ABB Limited
6.1.2 Siemens AG
6.1.3 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
6.1.4 Rockwell Automation Inc.
6.1.5 FLIR Systems Inc.
6.1.6 Honeywell International Inc
6.1.7 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
6.1.8 Omron Corporation
6.1.9 Ing. Punzenberger COPA-DATA GmbH
6.1.10 IPCS AUTOMATION
6.1.11 ACE-Hellas S.A.
6.1.12 Saudi Controls Ltd
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
MEA Factory Automation & Industrial Controls Market Research FAQs
What is the current MEA Factory Automation and Industrial Controls Market size?
The MEA Factory Automation and Industrial Controls Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.80% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in MEA Factory Automation and Industrial Controls Market?
Siemens AG , Yokogawa Electric Corporation , Rockwell Automation Inc. , ABB Limited and Honeywell International Inc. are the major companies operating in the MEA Factory Automation and Industrial Controls Market.
What years does this MEA Factory Automation and Industrial Controls Market cover?
The report covers the MEA Factory Automation and Industrial Controls Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the MEA Factory Automation and Industrial Controls Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
MEA Factory Automation and Industrial Controls Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 MEA Factory Automation and Industrial Controls market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. MEA Factory Automation and Industrial Controls analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.