Mexico has the fastest growing water treatment chemicals market in the entire continent of North America in this regard, with the estimated rate of 5.5% in 2015-2020. Corrosion & scale inhibitors lead in terms of demand by product, while municipal water treatment is the largest application segment. In regard to growth, too, the Mexican market for water treatment chemicals would be driven by demand for corrosion & scale inhibitors, though general industrial applications, such as manufacturing and mining & mineral processing would emerge as the fastest growing areas soon enough in the near future.
Water treatment can be defined as the process employed for eliminating contaminants present in water, which can be achieved via a number of techniques. Water treatment chemicals constitute one such technique, wherein contaminated or wastewater is treated with chemicals in order that it make fit for human consumption and in applications which require clean water.
The higher incidence of water borne epidemics has increased the awareness of water purification and the use of water treatment chemicals for the purpose of purification of drinking water. Water is being used in various industries especially in the emerging economies where there are large number of industries being set up. The standards for water quality have gone up as now, they demand better purification methods. As the water purification equipment is not adequate to achieve this standard, it requires several other water purification chemicals.
There are stringent environmental norms that require treatment and removal of pollutants from water before it is released into the environment. The municipal corporations are adopting water treatment facilities to clean and recycle water before it is supplied for drinking and sanitation purposes.
The Mexico Water treatment chemicals market is segmented by the product (Biocides & disinfectants, coagulants & flocculants, corrosion & scale inhibitors, defoamers & defoaming agents, pH adjusters and softeners and other chemicals), by their application (commercial & institutional, electric power generation, energy, manufacturing, mining & mineral processing, municipal and other applications). The clear leaders in this market are Accepta, BASF SE, Chemtreat Inc., Organo Corp., PQ Corp. and Wex technologies.
The soaring water quality standards in industrial applications and the exacting environmental laws on water treatment and waste-water management are the prime driving forces of this market.
There are no other alternative water treatment technologies available in the market in the current scenario. There is also a need to find eco-friendly solutions for water treatment that can balance and treat the chemical and biological water pollution differently.
What the report offers?
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis of the Mexico Water Treatment Chemicals Market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
5) Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Mexico Water Treatment Chemicals Market on both the global and regional scales.
6) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.