The Mexican economy suffered negative impacts which have led to a reduced real disposable incomes for many consumers. As a result, consumers reduced expenditures, directing their consumption habits toward less expensive brands and purchasing items in smaller, less expensive packages, especially flexible plastic. While higher-income Mexicans may continue to enjoy more expensive packaging, the slow-to-recover Mexican economy means low-cost packaging units should continue to experience strong growth. The working population of Mexico is largely urbanized, with the majority of people leading busier lives than in the past. As a result, the demand for convenience is playing a major role in many food and beverage markets in Mexico. Soft drinks are expected to record steady volume growth over the forecast period with important new products attracting consumers in an environment where healthier ingredients are becoming a priority. Leading soft drinks companies are set to use more natural sweeteners, which reduce the calorie content while maintaining a good flavor.
Mexico soft drink packaging market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% in terms of the volume sales over the forecast period 2016 - 2021. Rigid plastic is expected to increase its share of beverages packaging with the excessive use of PET bottles. The innovations in packaging have introduced lighter PET bottles and better recycling capacity. Soft drinks are the second most consumed drink after water, with plastic being the most used material for soft drinks packaging. Increasing population and rising disposable income has led to the increasing demand for soft drinks products across the world. Packaging plays an important role in the soft drinks market. Efficient packaging solutions offer benefits like ease of use, disposability and enhanced user experience. These benefits have led to the growth in demand for packaging solutions for the soft drinks segment. The other trend that is augmenting the demand is the new and innovative products, which helps manufacturers enhance their brand visibility while offering product differentiation.
Mexico soft drink packaging market is segmented on the basis of material (plastic, paper, metal, and glass), soft drink product (juices, bottled water, energy drinks, ready-to-drink (RTD), and carbonates) and products (beverage cans, PET bottles, cartons and boxes. This report describes a detailed study of the Porter’s five forces analysis of the market. All the five major factors in these markets have been quantified using the internal key parameters governing each of them. It also covers the market landscape of these players which includes the key growth strategies and competition analysis.
The report also considers key trends that will impact the industry and profiles of leading suppliers of Mexico soft drink packaging market. Some of the top companies mentioned in the report are Pactiv, Amcor, Genpak, Graham Packaging, Ball Corporation, SIG, Tetra Pak International, Placon, Toyo Seikan, Rock Tenn, Nuconic Packaging, The Scoular Company, Owens-Illinois, Crown Holdings, Rexam, Alcoa and others.
What the report offers
- Market definition for the Mexico soft drink packaging market, along with identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Market analysis for the Mexico soft drink packaging market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Mexico soft drink packaging market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Soft Drink Consumption
4.2.2 Increased demand for convenience packaging from consumers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Environmental concerns regarding usage of plastic
4.3.2 Stringent Government Regulations
4.4 Current Opportunities in the Mexico Soft Drinks Packaging Market
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of substitute products and services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4.7 Industry Policies
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Mexico Soft Drinks Packaging Market - Segmented by Primary Material Used
6.2 Paper & Paparboard
7. Mexico Soft Drinks Packaging Market - Segmented by Type
7.1 Bottles Water
7.3 RTD Beverages
7.4 Sport Drinks
8. Competitive Intelligence - Key Company Profiles (List populated based on Global Presence)
8.1 Pactiv, LLC
8.2 Amcor, Ltd.
8.4 Graham Packaging Company
8.5 Ball Corporation
8.6 SIG Combibloc Company Ltd.
8.7 Tetra Pak International
8.9 Toyo Seikan Group Holdings Ltd.
8.10 Rock Tenn Company
8.11 Nuconic Packaging
8.12 The Scoular Company
8.13 Owens-Illinois Inc
8.14 Crown Holdings Incorporated
8.15 Rexam inc
8.16 Alcoa Inc
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Investor Outlook
10. Future of Mexico Soft Drinks Packaging Market