Brick Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 3.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Brick Market Analysis
The global brick market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 3% over the forecast period.
COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020 and 2021. All the construction work and other activities were put on hold to curb the spreading of the virus, thereby negatively affecting the market. However, the market is projected to grow steadily in the coming years, owing to increased building and construction activities.
- Over the short term, the primary factor driving the brick market's growth is the building segment's high demand.
- On the flip side, increasing trends of prefabricated construction components are expected to restrain the market's growth.
- Furthermore, the development of new materials for bricks and increasing trends of customized bricks are likely to act as an opportunity for the market over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to remain the largest market due to the region's large-scale production and consumption of brick products.
Brick Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Brick Market according to our research experts:
Growing Demand from the Building Segment
- The global brick market is driven by rising urbanization, growing demand for residential and non-residential buildings, and construction activities to improve and develop the existing infrastructure.
- Brick is among the primary building materials used to construct all residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. Hence, growth trends in the construction industry and renovation of facilities worldwide favor the demand for bricks.
- The IEA estimates that the global building construction sector will be valued at more than USD 6.3 trillion in 2021, registering an increase of around 5% compared to 2020.
- Furthermore, According to the Institution of Civil Engineers, China, India, and the United States are expected to account for almost 60 percent of all global growth in the sector by 2025.
- As per U.S. International Trade Administration, China is the world's largest construction market and is forecasted to grow at an annual average of 8.6% between 2022 and 2030.
- The United States was among the top construction markets globally, and per the United States Census Bureau, in 2021, the construction put in place in 2021 in the United States was valued at USD 1.589 trillion, accounting for around 4.3% of the total GDP of the country.
- In European Region, as per the European Commission, By 2030, Europe's Renovation Wave aims at least to double the annual energy renovation rate of buildings and focus on a goal of renovating more than 35 million buildings, i.e., 13% of the total establishments in the region.
- Thus, the factors above are expected to drive the building segment of the brick market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate Brick Market Studied
- Globally, Asia-Pacific holds a prominent share of the brick market, and it is expected to dominate the market studied, during the forecast period.
- Asia-pacific has seen rapid urbanization in the last few years, as developing countries, like China, India, Japan, and Indonesia, from the region are becoming a global hub for the construction industry across the world.
- Asia-Pacific dominates the construction industry, of which buildings are the major segments across the world, contributing about 46% of the global spending in the construction sector.
- China is in the midst of a construction mega-boom. The country has the largest building market in the world, making up 20% of all construction investments globally. The country alone is expected to spend nearly USD 13 trillion on buildings by 2030.
- As per Invest India and IBEF, the construction Industry in India is expected to become the 3rd largest construction market globally and to reach USD 1.4 trillion by 2025. Moreover, Real Estate Industry in India is expected to reach USD 1 trillion by 2030 and will contrib to around of% to India's GDP.
- According to the Ministry of Finance of Japan, the construction industry in Japan generated sales of approximately JPY 136.7 trillion (~USD 1.22 trillion) in the fiscal year 2021 registering an increase of 2.1 % as compared to the FY 2020.
- In Indonesia, as per Statistics Indonesia (BPS) in the year 2021, the GDP of the construction sector in Indonesia was IDR 1,771.73 trillion (~USD 0.177 trillion). Furthermore, as per the World cement, the Indonesian construction market is expected to record a growth of 7.2% in real terms in 2022.
- Thus, the growing trends in the construction industries in the different countries of the Asia-Pacific region are expected to drive the market studied in the region, during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Brick Industry Overview
The brick market is fragmented. Some of the players in the market include (not in any particular order) Acme Brick Company, Brickworks, Triangle Brick Co., Brampton Brick, and GENERAL SHALE, INC.
Brick Market Leaders
Acme Brick Company
Triangle Brick Co.
GENERAL SHALE, INC.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Brick Market News
- In December 2022, Siam Cement BigBloc Construction Technologies ( a 52:48 joint venture of BigBloc Construction Limited and SCG INTERNATIONAL INDIA PVT LTD) successfully acquired land in Gujarat, India, for setting up a factory to produce AAC Blocks and Panels with an annual production capacity of 300,000 cubic meters which is expected to commence by the year 2023.
- In October 2021, Wienerberger completed the acquisition of Meridian Brick in the North American region by acquiring the business in the United States and Canada. Meridian Brick produces more than 1.1 billion bricks annually and is a leading brick supplier in Texas, the southeastern USA, Ontario, and Canada.
Brick Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from the Building Segment
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Trends of Prefabricated Construction Components
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Value)
5.1 Brick Type
5.1.2 Sand Lime
5.1.3 Fly-ash Clay
5.1.4 Other Brick Types
5.2.4 Other Applications
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Acme Brick Company
6.4.2 Bigbloc Construction Ltd.
6.4.3 Bowerston Shale
6.4.4 Brampton Brick
6.4.6 Columbus Brick
6.4.7 GENERAL SHALE, INC.
6.4.8 Jindal Mechno Bricks
6.4.9 Lignacite Ltd
6.4.10 Oldcastle APG
6.4.11 Palmetto Brick Company
6.4.12 Supreme Concrete
6.4.13 Triangle Brick Co.
6.4.14 Xella International
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Development of New Materials for Bricks
7.2 Increasing Trends of Customized Bricks
Brick Market Research FAQs
What is the current Brick Market size?
The Brick Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 3% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Brick Market?
Acme Brick Company, Brickworks, Triangle Brick Co., Brampton Brick and GENERAL SHALE, INC. are the major companies operating in the Brick Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Brick Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Brick Market?
In 2023, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Brick Market.
Bricks Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Bricks market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Bricks analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.