Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market Analysis
The Mexico endoscopy devices market size is estimated at USD 816.52 million in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 1,223.25 million by 2028, registering a CAGR of 8.42% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic had an adverse effect on the country's economy and healthcare system. The Mexico lockdown affected the supply chain of various medical devices. For instance, as per the Medtronic annual report 2021, the medical surgical segment, which has endoscopy products, showed a decreased revenue during the pandemic period compared to the pre-pandemic period. However, the revenue from the same above segment increased to USD 1,766 million in 2021 from USD 1,651 million in the past year in emerging markets, which involves Mexico. Hence, the endoscopy market in the country had an adverse impact during the pandemic period and is attaining growth over the post-pandemic and is expected to continue the same over the coming years.
- Certain factors that are driving the market growth include the increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries, the increasing prevalence of endoscopy for treatment and diagnosis, and technological advancements leading to enhanced applications. The increasing usage of minimally invasive surgical techniques, particularly in gastric surgeries, can be attributed to the constant innovations in robotics and virtual techniques in surgical practices.
- For instance, as per the 2022 report by Médica Sur Hospital, Mexico, the Robotic Surgery Center of Médica Sur in Mexico City provides the most comprehensive array of patient-centered treatments in highly specialized surgical care fields such as minimally invasive, inter alia. Hence, the adoption of advanced technology for minimally invasive surgeries, which involves laparoscopy and endoscopy techniques, is expected to boost the growth of the market over the forecast period.
- However, the lack of skilled technicians for endoscopy usage and infections caused by endoscopes are expected to hinder the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market Trends
Capsule Endoscope Segment is Expected to Show Lucrative Growth in the Market Over the Forecast Period
- The fracture repair devices are expected to register healthy growth due to the increasing burden of spine diseases and fractures as a result of musculoskeletal disorders. Spinal cord injury stems from a traumatic blow on the spine that fractures, dislocates, crushes, or compresses one or more vertebrae. Therefore, spinal cord injuries boost the demand for fracture repair devices for treating such conditions. For instance, an article published in Médecine Intensive Réanimation in September 2021 stated that the number of spinal cord injuries in France is around 2000 new cases per year. The high burden of spinal cord injury propels the segment's growth during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, per the International Osteoporosis Foundation 2021 update, the new fragility fractures are estimated to increase by 26.0% in 2034, representing 610,000 fractures in 2034. Additionally, according to the French Road Safety Observatory (ONISR) 2023 update, there were 53,540 injury traffic accidents and 67,057 injured people during the accidents in mainland France in 2021. Osteoporosis is reported to complicate spinal surgery; hence, the high burden of osteoporosis and road accidents is anticipated to increase the spinal fractures and augment the utility for fracture repair devices, propelling the segment's growth during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Gastroenterology Application is Expected to Have Highest CAGR in the Market Over the Forecast Period
- The gastroenterology application segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to the high burden of gastrointestinal diseases and increasing government initiatives and funding for healthcare facilities in the country.
- The high burden of gastrointestinal diseases increases the demand for diagnostic endoscopies to identify diseases in the gastrointestinal system. For instance, as per the report published by UNAM in July 2022, seven out of ten Mexican patients are infected with helicobacter pylori, which causes peptic ulcers in the stomach. This shows the high burden of the disease, which increases the demand for endoscopy and is expected to boost the market over the study period.
- Furthermore, the rise in investments in hospital infrastructure in Mexico is predicted to create numerous opportunities for the availability of various medical devices and interventional devices in healthcare settings. For instance, in April 2022, the Jalisco government, Mexico, planned to invest more than USD 301.5 million in healthcare infrastructure over the next 3 years to build new hospitals and healthcare centers and upgrade existing ones. These investments are predicted to increase the endoscopy equipment within healthcare facilities and are expected to propel the market through this segment.
Mexico Endoscopy Devices Industry Overview
The market is moderately competitive and consists of a number of major players. Companies like Boston Scientific Corporation, Conmed Corporation, PENTAX Medical, Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Johnson & Johnson), Fujifilm Holdings, Medtronic plc, Olympus Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, and STERIS Corporation, among others, hold a substantial market share in Mexico endoscopy devices market.
Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market Leaders
Boston Scientific Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market News
- October 2022: Ambu Ambu celebrated the grand opening of its expansive new manufacturing facility in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico. Spanning nearly 323,000 square feet, this state-of-the-art plant marks Ambu's largest production site to date, significantly enhancing the company's capacity for future product manufacturing and supply. Ambu's focus at this facility will be on the production of single-use endoscopes across key endoscopy segments, including pulmonology, urology, ENT, and gastrointestinal.
- April 2022: Endoscopia Guadalajara initiated the SONOSCAPE gastrointestinal project for Mexico. The company brought together a dedicated team of vendors, technicians, and distributors on a national scale to deliver top-tier service to Mexican Gastroenterologists, ensuring the highest quality standards are met.
Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Technological Advancements Along with Increasing Demand for Minimally Invasive Surgeries
4.2.2 Increasing Prevalence of Endoscopy for Treatment and Diagnosis
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Lack of Skilled Technicians
4.3.2 Infections Caused by Endoscopes
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Value - in USD Million)
5.1 By Type of Device
5.1.1 Endoscopy Device
188.8.131.52 Rigid Endoscope
184.108.40.206 Flexible Endoscope
220.127.116.11 Capsule Endoscope
18.104.22.168 Other Endoscopy Devices
5.1.2 Endoscopic Operative Device
5.1.3 Visualization Device
5.2 By Application
5.2.6 Other Applications
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Boston Scientific Corporation
6.1.2 Conmed Corporation
6.1.3 PENTAX Medical
6.1.4 Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Johnson & Johnson)
6.1.5 Fujifilm Holdings
6.1.6 Medtronic plc
6.1.7 Olympus Corporation
6.1.8 Richard Wolf GmbH
6.1.9 STERIS Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market?
The Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.42% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market?
Boston Scientific Corporation, Conmed Corporation, Fujifilm Holdings, STERIS Corporation, Medtronic plc are the major companies operating in Mexico Endoscopy Devices Market.
Mexico Endoscopy Devices Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Mexico Endoscopy Devices market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Mexico Endoscopy Devices analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.