|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Masterbatch Market is projected to register a CAGR of almost 5% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. The COVID-19 outbreak in the first half of 2020 had a substantial impact on the numerous end-user industries of automotive, transportation, and building and construction. However, by 2021, the situation had stabilized, and the market is expected to rise healthily in the coming year.
- Over the short term, increasing demand for plastic in the automotive industry due to its ability to reduce weight and space needs while simultaneously boosting fuel efficiency are some of the driving factors which are stimulating the market demand.
- On the other hand, fluctuations in raw material prices, such as polymers, titanium oxide, and calcium carbonate, could hinder the market’s growth.
- Rising demand for biobased masterbatch is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Masterbatch (MB) is a solid plastic additive that is used to color polymers or give them other qualities. It is a concentrated mixture of pigments and/or additives contained in a carrier resin and then cooled and chopped into a granular shape using a heat process. The masterbatch market is segmented by type, polymer, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into white masterbatch, black masterbatch, color masterbatch, additive masterbatch, and special effect masterbatch. By polymer, the market is segmented into polypropylene, polyethylene, high-impact polystyrene, polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene terephthalate, and others. By end-user, the market is segmented into agriculture, building & construction, automotive and transportation, electric and electronics, packaging, and others. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the Masterbatch Market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of value (USD Million) and volume (kilotons).
|Special Effect Masterbatch|
|High Impact Polystyrene|
|Building & Construction|
|Automotive & Transportation|
|Electric & Electronic|
|Others (Healthcare, Textile, etc.)|
Key Market Trends
Packaging Segment Dominates the Market
- Masterbatches are utilized in a variety of packaging applications, including rigid packaging (RIBC, Blow-molded containers, etc.) and flexible packaging (food packaging films (mono/multi-layer), FIBC, FMCG Packaging, and so on).
- White masterbatches are important in imparting qualities to plastic objects because of the numerous advantages they give. These masterbatches deliver high-quality finished goods, are simple to use, have great dispersion, have excellent color performance, and are safe for food packaging.
- The demand for packaged food is increasing in Asia-Pacific because of changing lifestyles, rising disposable income, growth in the number of working professionals, and a growing preference for fast food.
- Furthermore, the market for food packaging in North America is thriving, due to people's excessive reliance on packaged foods and the food processing industry's stronghold. Large food processing corporations like PepsiCo, Tyson Foods, and Nestle require a lot of packaging materials.
- Moreover, according to statista, the European plastic packaging industry will grow at a CAGR of 4.4 percent between 2022 and 2026, reaching a value of more than 112 billion dollars.This is projected to increase the demand for masterbatch in coming years.
- Owing to all these factors, the market for masterbatches is likely to grow globally during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market. In the region, China is the largest economy, in terms of GDP. China and India are among the fastest emerging economies in the world.
- Asia-pacific accounts for more than 70% of the global electronics production, with counties like South Korea, Japan, and China involved in manufacturing various electrical components and supplying to various industries globally. Additionally, India is expected to become the fifth-largest consumer electronics and appliances industry in the world by 2025.
- China has one of the largest food industries in the world. The country is expected to witness consistent growth during the forecast period, due to the rise of customized packaging in the food segment, like microwave food, snack foods, and frozen foods, along with increasing exports. The use of masterbatch is expected to increase in the future.
- Moreover, China is the world’s largest plastic producer by far. According to the national bureau of statistics, In 2021, China produced 82.33 million metric tonnes of plastic products, up 5.16% from 78.08 million metric tonnes in 2020.
- Furthermore, according to India Brand Equity Foundation, the Indian e-commerce industry is likely to increase by 21.5%, reaching USD 74.8 billion, in 2022. Furthermore, the country’s e-commerce industry is expected to reach USD 350 billion by 2030. The rising trend in the e-commerce sector is likely to enhance the demand for packaging, which will, in turn, augment the demand for the studied market in the country.
- Due to all such factors, the market for masterbatch in the region is expected to have a steady growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Masterbatch Market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include (not in any particular manner) Cabot Corporation, Tosaf, Avient, Clariant, Americhem, and others.
- In November 2020, Cabot Corporation launched PLASBLAK XP6801D black masterbatch, a unique styrene-acrylonitrile (SAN)-based formulation that meets the needs of the styrenics market without the usual trade-off between color and mechanical properties.
- In January 2021, Avient Corporation has completed an extension of its current color concentrate production capacity at its Vietnam plant in Binh Duong. The move will improve speed-to-market and service level for local customers seeking unique color solutions to enhance the aesthetics and appeal of high-quality end products.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Demand in Plastic packaging Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Demand of Plastic in Automotive Industry
4.2.1 Fluctuation in Raw Material Price
4.2.2 Strict Environmental Regulations
4.3 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 White Masterbatch
5.1.2 Black Masterbatch
5.1.3 Colour Masterbatch
5.1.4 Additive Masterbatch
5.1.5 Special Effect Masterbatch
5.2 By Polymer
5.2.3 High Impact Polystyrene
5.2.4 Polyvinyl Chloride
5.2.5 Polyethylene Terephthalate
5.3 By End-User
5.3.1 Building & Construction
5.3.3 Automotive & Transportation
5.3.4 Electric & Electronic
5.3.5 Consumer Goods
5.3.7 Others (Healthcare, Textile, etc.)
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) **/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Ampacet Corporation
6.4.2 ALOK MASTERBATCHES PVT. LTD.
6.4.6 Cabot Corporation
6.4.8 Coperion GmbH
6.4.9 Hubron International
6.4.10 Ochre Media Pvt Ltd
6.4.12 TREFFERT GMBH & CO. KG
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Rising Demand for Biobased Masterbatch
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Masterbatch Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Masterbatch Market?
The Masterbatch Market is growing at a CAGR of <5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Masterbatch Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Masterbatch Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Masterbatch Market?
Cabot Corporation, Tosaf, Avient, Clariant, Americhem are the major companies operating in Masterbatch Market.