|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The marble market is estimated to be valued at more than USD 18 billion in 2021, registering a CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The COVID-19 pandemic had negatively impacted the marble market. However, the market has now been estimated to have reached pre-pandemic levels and is expected to grow steadily in the coming years.
- In the short term, the rapid growth in the construction industry is expected to drive the demand for marble across the world.
- However, the health hazard related to marble dust that causes abrasion and irritation to the skin is likely to hinder the market's growth.
- The increasing use of marble slabs and powder is likely to provide opportunities for the marble market over the next five years.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market worldwide, with the largest consumption from countries such as China and India.
Scope of the Report
Marble is a metamorphic rock that forms when limestone is subjected to the heat and pressure of metamorphism. It is composed primarily of the mineral calcite (CaCO3) and usually contains other minerals, such as clay minerals, micas, quartz, pyrite, iron oxides, and graphite. The market is segmented by color, application, and geography. By Color, the market is segmented into White, Black, Yellow, Red, and Other Colors. By Application, the market is segmented into Building and Decoration, Statues and Monuments, Furniture, and Other Applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the marble market in 16 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Building and Decoration|
|Statues and Monuments|
Key Market Trends
Building and Decoration Segment to Dominate the Market
- Marble is widely used in the building and construction industry for decorative and structural purposes, ranging from outdoor sculptures to walls, veneers, flooring, ornamental features, stairways, and walkways.
- Marble finds its application in interior and exterior wall cladding, interior and exterior paving, fireplace facing and hearth, and novelty items.
- Different marble varieties are used basically as both interior and exterior vertical wall cladding and flooring. Their use as structural elements (masonry), statues, epitaphs, graves, etc., is quantitatively less, with funeral art accounting for the largest percentage. Marble is also widely used for decorative and structural purposes, ranging from outdoor sculptures to walls, veneers, flooring, ornamental features, stairways, and walkways.
- Marble has become ever more popular for different applications, from use in large-scale construction projects to small do-it-yourself home renovations.
- In addition to traditional markets already accustomed to using marble, new markets in the Middle East and Southeast Asia are now increasingly aware of the benefits of marble.
- The rising building industry is expected to drive the marble consumption in building and decoration applications in the years to come. The global construction industry is expected to reach USD 8 trillion by 2030, primarily driven by countries such as India, China, and the United States.
- China is in the midst of a construction mega-boom. The country has the largest building market in the world, making up 20% of all construction investments globally.
- The country alone is expected to spend nearly USD 13 trillion on buildings by 2030. Although this number may take a hit as China is reeling through the Evergrande debt crisis.
- Hence, the building and decoration segment is expected to dominate the market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market Studied
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the dominating and fastest-growing market over the forecast period, owing to increasing government investment in the building and construction industry in the region.
- China is the largest single market for growth in the building sector. China has the largest new construction market globally, adding an average of 1.8-2.0 billion m2 (19 – 21 billion ft2) annually. The total floor area of Chinese buildings was expected to reach around 69 billion m2 (742 billion ft2) in 2020, and it is projected to be 80 billion m2 (861 billion ft2) by 2030.
- The total number of malls (with a gross floor area over 10,000 m2 and not operating on a strata-titled basis) in China's top 30 cities is estimated to increase to 1,445 units in 2019, at an annual growth rate of 13%.
- In India, the growing real estate business, which is mainly focused on the residential sector and commercial places, is key to the sector's growth. The growing individual townships are driving the sector.
- The development of Palva industrial township, Zaheerabad integrated industrial township, and many other projects involving public and private investments with a total of USD 29.38 billion are boosting the sector.
- Demand for residential housing in India has rushed due to increased urbanization and rising household income. Also, the Indian government has allowed FDI of up to 100% for settlement development and townships projects. This, in turn, is projected to increase the residential housing construction in the country.
- Hence, all such market trends are expected to drive the demand for the marble market in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The market for marble is fragmented in nature, where no top player accounts for a major chunk. Some of the major companies (in no particular order) include Fox Marble, Best Cheer Stone, Levantina y Asociados de Minerales SA, Kangli stone group, and China Kingstone Mining Holdings Limited.
- The recent developments pertaining to the major players in the market are being covered in the complete study.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rapid Growth in the Construction Industry
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Health Hazard Related to Marble Dust
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Trade Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.5 Other Colors
5.2.1 Building and Decoration
5.2.2 Statues and Monuments
5.2.4 Other Applications
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Antolini Luigi & C SpA
6.4.2 BC Marble Products Ltd
6.4.3 Best Cheer Stone
6.4.4 China Kingstone Mining Holdings Limited
6.4.7 FHL I Kiriakidis Marbles and Granites SA
6.4.8 Fox Marble
6.4.9 HELLENIC GRANITE Co.
6.4.10 Hilltop Granite
6.4.11 Indiana Limestone Company (A Polycor Inc. Company)
6.4.12 Kangli Stone Group
6.4.13 Levantina y Asociados de Minerales SA
6.4.14 Mumal Marble
6.4.15 Şimşekler Mermer
6.4.16 Santucci Group Srl
6.4.18 Temmer Marble
6.4.19 Topalidis SA
6.4.20 The Marble Factory
6.4.21 Universal Marble & Granite Group Ltd
6.4.22 Xishi Group Ltd
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Use of Marble Slabs and Powder
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Marble Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Marble Market?
The Marble Market is growing at a CAGR of <5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Marble Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Marble Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Marble Market?
Levantina y Asociados de Minerales, S.A, Fox Marble, Kangli stone group, Best Cheer Stone, Kingstone Mining Holdings Limited are the major companies operating in Marble Market.