Argentina was the largest exporter of maize in the world, exporting 24,504,610 metric tons in 2016, while Japan was the largest importer of maize in the world, importing 15,341,785 metric tons. The 2018 drought in Argentina is expected to reduce maze yields
and cut up to 3.7 million metric ton.
Intensification of Cross-border Maize Imports
Traders in Kenya have intensified cross-border maize imports from Uganda and Tanzania. Imports have increased due to better prices in Kenya. The price of dry maize across the major towns in Kenya has increased significantly, currently standing at an average of USD 32 per 90 kg bag.
Japan is the Largest Importer
Japan is the largest importer of maize in the world, importing 15,341,785 metric tons in 2016. It imports maize from the United States, Brazil, South Africa, and the Russian Federation. The United States and Brazil are the top two exporters of maize to Japan. Japan bought 12,006,261 metric tons from the United States in 2017 and 2,286,176 metric tons from Brazil in the same year.
Argentina is the Largest Exporter
Argentina is the largest exporter of maize in the world, exporting 24,504,610 metric tons in 2016. The major countries importing maize from Argentina are Vietnam, Algeria, Egypt, and Malaysia. Vietnam accounted for 13.6% of the maize exports of Argentina in 2017.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Identify the largest importing and exporting regions in the global maize trade and their growth trends during the forecast period
- Analyzing various dynamics of the trade market with the help of trade dynamics
- To understand the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- 3 month analyst support, along with the market estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Trade Dynamics
3.1 Recent Developments
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 Trade Analysis by Geography(Import &Export Volume & Value Analysis)
4.1.1 North America
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
4.1.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
220.127.116.11 Ivory Coast
18.104.22.168 Rest of Africa