Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Centrifugal pumps market is expected to register a CAGR of less than 3% during the forecast period 2022-2027.
- The Stringent energy and environmental regulatory policies and legislation are projected to drive expansion in the Latin America centrifugal pumps market during the forecast period. According to the International Energy Agency's (IEA) 2014 policy, a motor-driven unit should ideally be built to produce 20-30% energy savings.
- The oil and gas end-user segment is likely to dominate the centrifugal pumps market, owing to the increased use of different types of pumps in the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors for a number of distinctly different applications.
- Furthermore, technological developments that have enabled deep-water and ultra-deep-water explorations are likely to increase oil production and give market growth opportunities during the forecast period. for instance, Suriname produces oil from onshore fields managed by Staatsolie, including Calcutta, Tambaredjo, and Tambaredjo North West, with a target output of 16,500b/d in 2021. In addition to the usual preparations for a new licensing cycle, Staatsolie is planning to make a final investment decision for deepwater block 58, near Stabroek, next year to produce the first oil in 2025.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted oil and gas activities in Latin America region. The decline was caused mainly due to delays in project construction activities and supply chain disruptions, which reduced demand for centrifugal pumps in this region.
- However, volatile crude oil and gas prices are also likely to affect the centrifugal pumps market due to cost-cutting and delayed projects by the Exploration & Production companies.
Scope of the Report
A centrifugal pump is a mechanical device that moves a fluid by transferring rotational energy from one or more driven rotors known as impellers.
The study tracks the market based on the revenues generated by different vendors operating in the centrifugal pumps market. The scope is limited to centrifugal pumps classified on different stages and provides qualitative analysis of impeller type. The market study doesn't offer a drill-down breakup of the regional shares for the countries.
|Seal less & Circular flow Pumps|
|Axial & Mixed Flow Pumps|
|Oil and Gas|
|Food and Beverage|
|Water and Wastewater|
|Other End Users|
|By Impeller Type (Qualitative)|
Key Market Trends
Oil and Gas Segment to Dominate the Market
- Centrifugal pumps are used in the oil and gas sector to pump oil and petroleum products, liquefied gases, and other fluids during operations. The surge in the development of oil and gas infrastructure is expected to provide a huge thrust to the centrifugal pump market in latin america during the forecast period.
- The Latin American region continues to advance toward the usage of lower sulfur gasoline within the respective countries of Chile, Suriname, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Guyana, Mexico, Bolivia, Colombia, and Paraguay. Argentina, for example, has been distributing and commercializing Ultra Grado 3 gasoline with a maximum sulfur content of 10 ppm beginning January 2020. According to IMO 2020 International (Maritime Organization) regulation implemented in January 2020, the increasing demand for low sulfur fuel will likely force major refiners to upgrade the existing infrastructure to produce low sulfur fuels. With refineries expecting renovation, the need for centrifugal pumps will likely increase over the next few years.
- According to BP Statistics, as of 2021, crude oil consumption reached 6488 thousand barrels per day in Latin America. The increasing demand for crude oil is expected to drive the demand for centrifugal pumps across Latin America.
- Moreover, in September 2020, Rystad Energy's Annual Summit, Offshore activity in Latin America, is projected to resume in 2021, with over 3 million barrels per day of peak production sanctioned in Brazil and Guyana alone by 2025. More than 80% of this capacity has a breakeven price of less than USD 45 per barrel and is expected to be sanctioned regardless of market conditions. Over the next three years, around 30 offshore oil projects will be launched and permitted across the continent, with national oil firms operating these projects. This means that investments in coming oil projects will enhance sales of centrifugal pumps in this region. This is expected to drive growth for centrifugal pump in Latin America.
- Owing to the above points, the oil and gas segment is expected to dominate the centrifugal pumps market during the forecast period in latin america.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Multi Stage Centrifugal Pump Segment to have Significant Share in the Market
- The impeller of a centrifugal pump is pressurizes and transports the liquid. Multistage pumps have considerably superior pressure ranges and flow rates since they contain many impellers.
- Within a multistage centrifugal pump, each impeller acts like a single-stage pump within a chain of pumps. The benefits of multistage centrifugal pumps derive from their chain-like construction.
- As the liquid moves from one impeller to the other, its pressure boosts while the flow rate remains constant. By relying on multiple impellers to spread the pressure-building load of the pump, multistage centrifugal pumps can generate tremendous power and higher pressure with smaller motors, therefore using less energy.
- Multistage centrifugal pumps are used in various industrial applications because of their increased efficiency and ability to pump fluids at higher pressures. For example, Multistage centrifugal pumps are used in firefighting to pressurize water to help extinguish fires.
- High-capacity multi-stage centrifugal pumps are commonly employed when huge amounts of high-pressure fluids are needed. This includes heating water for SAGD installations in the oilsands, industrial condensate systems, refineries, pipelines, and reverse osmosis water desalination. For instance, the crude oil refinery capacity was grown 86% from 2010 to 2021 in Latin America which is expected to drive investments in multi-stage centrifugal pumps in Latin America.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Latin America Centrifugal Pumps Market is Fragmented with the presence of prominent players like: Baker Hughes Company, Ebara Corporation,ITT Inc., KSB SE & Co. KGaA, Ruhrpumpen Group, Schlumberger Ltd, Sulzer Ltd, Weir Group PLC, GRUNDFOS, Wilo SE.
- July 2021 - Weir Minerals has introduced the Multiflo and Mudflo hydraulic submersible slurry pumps. These pumps have a hydraulically powered wet end specifically designed to reprocess and relocate tailings ponds, maintain water retention dams, and manage slimes and sludge ponds efficiently and safely. The innovative solution combines the Warman MGS pump-end, Multiflo CB32 hydraulic cutters, and ESCO excavation teeth to pump highly charged and abrasive slurries efficiently. Weir Minerals' unique Ultrachrome A05 chrome alloy impeller ensures high wear resistance. The specially engineered suction strainer minimizes the risk of clogging by preventing large solids & debris from entering the pump. Drawing on decades of Warman pump design experience, the Multiflo, Mudflo pump can pump between 150 and 1,200m3/h, up to 82m head.
- October 2021 - Wilo announced the Launch of the non-self-priming multistage pump "Wilo-Medana CH1-L". Efficient system integration for drinking water applications. Wilo-Medana is an ideal product for potable water applications developed for water supply, pressure boosting, and industrial irrigation processes. The non-self-priming multistage pump achieves the highest hydraulic outputs with a stainless steel monobloc design, threaded connection, and a single- or three-phase AC motor. The single-phase AC motor is equipped with built-in thermal motor protection, containing an automatic start.
Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1.1 Increased demand in developed countries for water and wastewater management
5.2.1 The effect of cavitation in centrifugal pumps
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Stage
6.1.1 Single-stage Pumps
6.1.2 Multi-stage Pumps
6.1.3 Submersible Pumps
6.1.4 Seal less & Circular flow Pumps
6.1.5 Axial & Mixed Flow Pumps
6.2 End User
6.2.1 Oil and Gas
6.2.2 Chemical Processing
6.2.3 Food and Beverage
6.2.4 Water and Wastewater
6.2.6 Other End Users
6.3 By Impeller Type (Qualitative)
6.3.2 Partially Open
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.1 Baker Hughes Company
7.2 Ebara Corporation
7.3 ITT Inc.
7.4 KSB SE & Co. KGaA
7.5 Ruhrpumpen Group
7.6 Schlumberger Ltd
7.7 Sulzer Ltd
7.8 Weir Group PLC
7.10 Wilo SE
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Latin America Centrifugal Pumps Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Latin America Centrifugal Pumps Market?
The Latin America Centrifugal Pumps Market is growing at a CAGR of <3% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Latin America Centrifugal Pumps Market?
Wilo SE, Baker Hughes Company, Sulzer Ltd, Schlumberger Ltd, KSB SE & Co. KGaA are the major companies operating in Latin America Centrifugal Pumps Market.