2018 - 2026
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Inductors Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 3.5%, over the forecast period (2021-2026). The supply chain has witnessed an enormous disruption owing to the COVID-19 being declared as a pandemic. Owing to this, various manufacturers witnessed the closure of their factories, which resulted in supply chain difficulties across the market. For instance, Murata's manufacturing facilities in China, such as Wuxi 1, Wuxi 2, and Shenzen were closed during the initial days of the pandemic owing to various positive cases at their facilities. However, these facilities were back operational within 6 weeks' time. Such developments led to major supply chain issues in the market.
- The pandemic has severely affected the global manufacturing sector owing to supply chain disruptions. It has affected various end-users of inductors, cores, and beads. Moreover, the electronics devices are expected to be impacted significantly by the COVID-19 outbreak as China is one of the major suppliers of raw materials and finished products. The industry is on the brink of facing a reduction in production, disruption in the supply chain, and price fluctuations. The sales of prominent electronic companies are expected to be affected in the near future. Such uncertainties during the pandemic is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- However, the growing demand for consumer electronics across the globe, such as smartphones, tablets, portable gaming consoles, laptops, set-top boxes, and others, is the major factor driving the demand for various inductors. The market is also witnessing a boost in demand from applications, which require high reliability, in the industrial, aerospace and defense, and medical sectors.
- Consumer electronics have the highest consumption of inductors. Inductors are used for power supply in various complex circuits, to manage the current, and also, as a filter in the circuits to cut off undesirable frequencies.
- Further, the automotive sector is also proving to be the most prominent option for inductor manufacturers, owing to increasing electronic components in automobiles. The major shift in the trends, in the industry, also includes the increasing durability of industry-standard interfaces for industrial applications and customization, particularly in the medical, aerospace and defense, and industrial sectors.
- The demand from the automotive industry during the pandemic is expected to be sluggish, owing to the severe slump in sales and investments in the industry. However, the global government's propensity to adopt environmentally sustainable solutions such as electric vehicles is expected to propel the growth beyond 2021. Till the end of the current year, the industry is expected to witness sluggish growth owing to the effects of the pandemic.
Scope of the Report
Inductors are passive two-terminal electrical component that stores energy in a magnetic field when electric current flows through it. The different Types of inductors covered in the scope of the study are Power Inductors, and Frequency Inductors. The market is also categorized as Inductor Core (Air/Ceramic Core and Ferrite Core, amonsgt others). The market is further segmented by different End-user Verticals (Automotive, Consumer Electronics & Computing, Aerospace and Defense, Communications, and many more). The study also provides a brief analysis of the impact of Covid-19 on the growth of the market.
|Consumer Electronics and Computing|
|Aerospace & Defense|
|Other End-user Verticals|
|Rest of the World|
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics and Computing are Expected to Occupy a Significant Market Share
- Personal computers, laptops, industrial computers, and motherboards are applications of inductors in computing verticals. These inductors are deployed into the power supply circuitry of various computers. The inductors function as energy storage devices in switch-mode power supplies (SMPS) that are used in computers. In these types of power supplies, the output voltage ratio depends upon the charging time of the inductor.
- The rising standards of living have further contributed to the increase in the sales of consumer electronics. The growing penetration of technology and the internet, throughout the developing regions, primarily, has surged consumer interest toward the adoption of advanced digital devices.
- As consumer electronics is the prominent driver for augmenting the demand for inductors, the growing push to adopt 5G technology across the world is expected to further drive up the demand for various consumer electronics and communication devices across the world, thus positively impacting the market growth. According to GSA, as of January 2021, 413 operators in 131 countries/territories are investing in 5G networks in the form of tests, trials, pilots, planned and actual deployments; of those, 144 operators have launched commercial 5G networks in 61 countries/territories.
- Smartphone functionality is continuously expanding, from fingerprint verification to controlling and monitoring the manufacturing plant or home security systems. The high-end smartphone uses about 15-25 power inductors. The usage of inductors in these products and the growing consumer electronic devices with increased digitalization are driving the growth of the inductor market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Asia-Pacific is the largest market for inductors, majorly driven by demand from industrial economies and technologically advanced countries in the region, such as China, Korea, Japan, and India. China stands to be the single largest source of demand for inductor components in the current market scenario, owing to the rapidly growing semiconductor industry and automation in the industrial sector.
- The growth of smartphones in the region has been exponential, and the number of smartphone users in the countries has been growing rapidly in the past few years. This trend is further expected to increase, owing to low penetration in developing countries of the region. Mobile broadband connections are expected to increase to about 72% in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Additionally, Asia-Pacific is on track to become the world’s largest 5G region by 2025, led by pioneering 5G markets, such as Australia, China, Japan, and South Korea, according to the latest edition of the GSMA’s Mobile Economy report. Launches of commercial 5G networks in these markets are expected to reach 675 million 5G connections by 2025, which is more than half of the global 5G total expected by that point.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Inductor Market's competitive landscape has also undergone a significant transformation over the past few years. The ensuing opportunities have resulted in intense competition. The market appears to be fragmented. There are a significant number of inductor manufacturers vying for the increasing market share. As a result, OEMs are enjoying significant buying power with the leverage to choose an inductor manufacturer that best fits their business model and, more importantly, one that can adequately balance quality and price.
- June 2020 - Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. released the LQM18DN_70 series of multilayer power inductors for Bluetooth Low Energy applications. The power inductors can handle large current flows and are ideal for applications requiring compactness and low power consumption, such as various types of wearable devices.
- March 2020 - KEMET introduced Metal composite power inductors for automotive applications. Such developments are expected to further increase over the coming years, with industry playing a vital role in driving up the demand for inductors over the coming years.
- September 2020 - Samsung Electro-Mechanics announced that it had developed the world’s smallest power inductor that is 0.8 mm wide, 0.4 mm long, and 0.65 mm thick. The newly developed power inductor’s area is about one-fourth of the previously smallest product, which measures 1.2 mm in width and 1.0 mm in length. Samsung Electro-Mechanics is planning to supply this new product to global mobile companies. Samsung Electro-Mechanics expects the demand for ultra-small power inductors to increase fast as recently released IT devices use 5G mobile communication chips and multi-cameras that have not enough space for parts. Further, the company expects that the number of power inductors in electronic devices will grow by 20% each year.
- October 2020 - Pulse Electronics expanded its RF inductor range with a selection of high current, multi-layer constructed SMD Chip Inductors in 0603, 0805, and 1008 sizes. The CLH series offer inductance values ranging from 470nH to 4.7uH, an inherently low DC resistance, and industrial operating temperature. The low DCR gives rise to superior DC bias current handling up to 1.6A (see graph) compared to traditional ferrite or ceramic-sized solutions. Such inductors are suitable for tuners, GPS, antennas, power circuits, mobile devices, audio, and industrial comms.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increase in Demand for Inductors in Automobiles
5.1.2 Adoption of Advanced Consumer Electronic Devices to Drive Demand for Inductors
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Fluctuating Raw Material Prices
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1.1 Power Inductor
6.1.2 Frequency Inductor
6.2.1 Air/Ceramic Core
6.2.2 Ferrite Core
6.2.3 Others Cores
6.3 End-user Vertical
6.3.2 Consumer Electronics and Computing
6.3.3 Aerospace & Defense
6.3.5 Other End-user Verticals
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Rest of the World
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 TDK Corporation
7.1.2 Vishay Intertechnology Inc.
7.1.3 Sumida Corporation
7.1.4 Panasonic Corporation
7.1.5 AVX Corporation
7.1.6 Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
7.1.7 Delta Electronics Inc.
7.1.8 Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.
7.1.9 ABC Taiwan Electronics Corp.
7.1.10 Pulse Electronics Corporation
7.1.11 KEMET Corporation
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Inductors Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Inductors Market?
The Inductors Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Inductors Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Inductors Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Inductors Market?
- TDK Corporation
- Vishay Intertechnology Inc.
- Sumida Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- AVX Corporation
Are the major companies operating in Inductors Market.