Fastest Growing Market:
The market was valued at USD 4481.07 million in 2019 and it is expected to reach a value of USD 5485.09 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 3.5%, over the forecast period (2020-2025). The growth of the inductor market is experiencing steady growth, due to the increasing number of product launches and developments in the consumer electronics sector, demand for passive electronic components, use of inductors in automotive electronics, and adoption of smart grids.
- The growing demand for consumer electronics across the globe, such as smartphones, tablets, portable gaming consoles, laptops, set-top boxes, and others, is the major factor driving the demand for various inductors. The market is also witnessing a boost in demand from applications, which require high reliability, in the industrial, aerospace and defense, and medical sectors.
- Consumer electronics have the highest consumption of inductors. Inductors are used for power supply in various complex circuits, to manage the current, and also, as a filter in the circuits to cut off undesirable frequencies.
- Further, the automotive sector is also proving to be the most prominent option for inductor manufacturers, owing to increasing electronic components in automobiles. The major shift in the trends, in the industry, also includes the increasing durability of industry-standard interfaces for industrial applications and customization, particularly in the medical, aerospace and defense, and industrial sectors.
- Automotive inductors are witnessing frequent product launches, and the manufacturers are enhancing their existing product lineup so that they are suitable for automotive applications. During September and October 2019 Vishay Intertechnology Inc., TDK, and Kemtet introduced several new inductors exclusively for automotive applications.
Scope of the Report
The different types of inductors covered in the scope of the study are power inductors, and frequency inductors. The market is further segmented by different end-user verticals (automotive, computing, aerospace and defense, communication, consumer electronics).
| By Type |
| ||Power Inductor |
| ||Frequency Inductor |
| ||Other Types |
| By End-user Vertical |
| ||Automotive |
| ||Computing and Consumer Electronics |
| ||Aerospace & Defense |
| ||Communication |
| ||Other End-user Verticals |
| Geography |
| || |
| North America |
|United States |
| || |
| Europe |
|United Kingdom |
|Rest of Europe |
| || |
| Asia-Pacific |
|South Korea |
|Rest of Asia-Pacific |
| || |
| Rest of the World |
|Latin America |
|Middle-East & Africa |
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
Key Market Trends
Computing and Consumer Electronic are Expected to Occupy the Largest Market Share
- Personal computers, laptops, industrial computers, and motherboards are applications of inductors in computing verticals. These inductors are deployed into the power supply circuitry of various computers. The inductors function as energy storage devices in switch-mode power supplies (SMPS) that are used in computers. In these types of power supplies, the output voltage ratio depends upon the charging time of the inductor.
- The rising standards of living have further contributed to the increase in the sales of consumer electronics. The growing penetration of technology and the internet, throughout the developing regions, primarily, has surged consumer interest toward the adoption of advanced digital devices.
- There is a steady rise in focus on innovative consumer electronics that are connected. The advancements in technology, such as the development of 2-in-1 inductor array products resulting in the productive use of limited circuit space in handheld devices, provides users with multiple product solutions.
- Smartphone functionality is continuously expanding, from fingerprint verification to controlling and monitoring the manufacturing plant or home security systems. The high-end smartphone uses about 15-25 power inductors. The usage of inductors in these products and the growing consumer electronic devices with increased digitalization are driving the growth of the inductor market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Asia-Pacific is the largest market for inductors, majorly driven by demand from industrial economies and technologically advanced countries in the region, such as China, Korea, Japan, and India. China stands to be the single largest source of demand for inductor components in the current market scenario, owing to the rapidly growing semiconductor industry and automation in the industrial sector.
- The growth of smartphones in the region has been exponential, and the number of smartphone users in the countries has been growing rapidly in the past few years. This trend is further expected to increase, owing to low penetration in developing countries of the region. Mobile broadband connections are expected to increase to about 72% in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Additionally, Asia-Pacific is on track to become the world’s largest 5G region by 2025, led by pioneering 5G markets, such as Australia, China, Japan, and South Korea, according to the latest edition of the GSMA’s Mobile Economy report. Launches of commercial 5G networks in these markets are expected to reach 675 million 5G connections by 2025, which is more than half of the global 5G total expected by that point.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
The inductor market's competitive landscape has also undergone a significant transformation over the past few years. The ensuing opportunities have resulted in intense competition. The market appears to be fragmented. There are a significant number of inductor manufacturers vying for the increasing market share. As a result, OEMs are enjoying significant buying power with the leverage to choose an inductor manufacturer that best fits their business model and, more importantly, one that can adequately balance quality and price.
- April 2019: Vishay Intertechnology Inc. expanded its offering of Automotive Grade IHLP low profile, high current inductors with a new device in the 5050 case size. The AEC-Q200 qualified device released is optimized for energy storage in DC/DC converters up to 2 MHz.
- Feb 2019 - TDK Corporation launched a thin-film metal power inductor with a connection to a 12V car battery. The device has the ability to withstand severe temperature environments with an operating temperature range of -55 °C to +150 °C (including increase by self-heating) and is suited for automotive power circuits.
Table Of Contents
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Introduction to Market Dynamics
5.2 Market Drivers
5.2.1 Increase in Demand for Inductors in Automobiles
5.2.2 Adoption of Advanced Consumer Electronic Devices to Drive Demand for Inductors
5.3 Market Restraints
5.3.1 Fluctuating Raw Material Prices
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Power Inductor
6.1.2 Frequency Inductor
6.1.3 Other Types
6.2 By End-user Vertical
6.2.2 Computing and Consumer Electronics
6.2.3 Aerospace & Defense
6.2.5 Other End-user Verticals
6.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Rest of the World
220.127.116.11 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Middle-East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 TDK Corporation
7.1.2 Vishay Intertechnology Inc.
7.1.3 Sumida Corporation
7.1.4 Panasonic Corporation
7.1.5 AVX Corporation
7.1.6 Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
7.1.7 Delta Electronics Inc.
7.1.8 Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.
7.1.9 ABC Taiwan Electronics Corp.
7.1.10 Pulse Electronics Corporation
7.1.11 KEMET Corporation
7.1.12 Sagami Elec Co. Ltd
*List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
** Subject to Availability