Hybrid Memory Cube Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Hybrid Memory Cube Market Analysis
The Hybrid Memory Cube Market was valued at USD 1.08 billion in the previous year and is expected to register a CAGR of 15.11%, reaching USD 2.54 billion by the next five years. A hybrid memory cube (henceforth called HMC) is a revolutionary technology that signifies a paradigm shift from current memory architectures.
- The significant factors driving the Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC) market expansion are the rising number of server farms and employees, the rising shipments of business equipment, and the rising number of assembling activities in the venture stockpiling and consumer hardware sectors. The market for HMC and HBM is expanding due to factors like the rising need for high bandwidth, rising AI use, and developing trends in electronic device downsizing.
- HMC is redefining memory by enabling advancements that can replace conventional DRAM-based systems. It is setting a new standard in the memory market that matches the computing speeds realized by existing systems (such as CPU).
- HMC dramatically improves bandwidth and performance by breaking through the memory wall. The architecture of HMC is exponentially more efficient than current memory architectures, utilizing 70% less energy per bit than current DRAM technologies. For instance, Synopsys Inc. announced the availability of its next-generation Verification IP (VIP) for Micron's Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC) architecture. This can enable Micron's HMC with ease of use, fast integration, and optimum performance, resulting in accelerated verification closure.
- The ever increasing demand for mobility and the rising impact of cloud services is expected to further create demand for HMC solutions, owing to their higher bandwidth, which boosts the capability of networking systems to match line speed performance.
- The COVID-19 pandemic impacted worldwide sectors, and the global economy was negatively impacted in 2020. Many industries, such as semiconductors, consumer electronics, travel, and automobile, were severely impacted due to the pandemic, which negatively impacted the hybrid memory cube market.
Hybrid Memory Cube Market Trends
Networking and Telecommunication Segment is Expected to Register a Significant Growth
- The global telecommunication sector is continuously transitioning as infrastructure improvements to broadband and mobile technologies continue.
- Hybrid memory cubes are increasingly used for high-performance computing (HPC), which can be termed as the set of distributed and parallelization techniques used to connect computing units to perform more complex tasks faster.
- Edge computing networks and telecommunication technologies support information transmission over distances via., connected and distributed communication devices.
- Rapid innovations in transmitting, switching, processing, analyzing, and retrieving information are essential for the success of various emerging telecommunication technologies, and this is likely to indirectly influence the growth of the HMC market over the forecast period. The advent of 5G is expected to boost the HMC market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness Fastest CAGR
- The region's industries, such as retail, healthcare, IT, and telecommunication, need advanced and fast data processing systems due to the increasing consumer base and data traffic. Moreover, China wishes to establish a world-class IC design unit in applications, such as telecommunications, IoT, big data, and cloud computing industries, which is expected to further boost the HMC market.
- The enormous amount of data generated through the connected devices and the emergence of Big Data applications have put intense pressure on the data center memory systems and capacity, making the companies look for solutions to the problem. HMCs have a huge potential that could reduce not only the workload but also increase the performance and reduce power consumption by the data centers.
- The development of internet infrastructure in Asia-Pacific leads to the employment of modular data centers in this region. Therefore, Asia-Pacific companies of all sizes and industries are embracing the digital revolution. It is also driving data center providers and users to continuously increase their investment in the construction and services of modular data centers. Due to these significant measures, Asia-Pacific is expected to account for the highest growth rate of 58.57% over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Hybrid Memory Cube Industry Overview
The competitive rivalry among the players in the hybrid memory cube market is high due to the presence of many major players. Some major players include Micron Technologies, Samsung, Intel, Fujitsu, and many more. The innovations brought about by these players in their products and their ability to introduce a new product in the market by forecasting the needs of their consumers has enabled them to gain a competitive advantage over other players. Hefty investments in research and development, strategic partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions in the field of HMC have enabled the companies to capture a significant market share.
- January 2023 - Aerospike enabled businesses to make real-time or nearly real-time decisions with the help of its modern data platform, which can handle globally resilient applications, function at an infinite scale, and provide predictable performance and cost-effectiveness.
Hybrid Memory Cube Market Leaders
Micron Technologies Inc.
Open Silicon Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Hybrid Memory Cube Market News
- November 2022: Micron, a memory chip manufacturer, stated that mass production of its new high-capacity, low-power 1-beta dynamic random access memory (DRAM) chips began at its Hiroshima, Japan factory.
- July 2022: Electronics firm Sahasra Semiconductors announced that the company planned to invest Rs. 750 crores (USD 91.51 million) in setting up the unit in Rajasthan, India. The company aimed to invest 150 crores (USD 6.10 million) in 2022 for setting up the ATMP facility in the manufacturing cluster of Elcina in Bhiwadi, Rajasthan, and after touching a revenue of more than 250 crores (USD 30.50 million), the company will again invest 600 crores (USD 73.21 million).
Hybrid Memory Cube Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope Of The Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Demand for Enterprise Storage Application
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Strong Presence of Existing DRAMs
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By End-user Industry
5.1.1 Enterprise Storage
5.1.2 Telecommunications and Networking
5.1.3 Other End-user Industries
5.2.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 Rest of the World
188.8.131.52 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Middle-East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Micron Technologies Inc.
6.1.2 Intel Corporation
6.1.3 Xilinx Inc.
6.1.4 Fujitsu Ltd.
6.1.5 Semtech Corporation
6.1.6 Open Silicon Inc.
6.1.7 ARM Holdings PLC
6.1.8 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
6.1.9 IBM Corporation
6.1.10 Altera Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Hybrid Memory Cube Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Hybrid Memory Cube Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Hybrid Memory Cube Market?
The Hybrid Memory Cube Market is growing at a CAGR of 15.11% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Hybrid Memory Cube Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Hybrid Memory Cube Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Hybrid Memory Cube Market?
Micron Technologies Inc., Intel Corporation, Fujitsu Ltd., Semtech Corporation, Open Silicon Inc. are the major companies operating in Hybrid Memory Cube Market.
Hybrid Memory Cube Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Hybrid Memory Cube market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Hybrid Memory Cube analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.