Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market Size
|Study Period||2018- 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 15.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Europe|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market Analysis
Over the next few years, the market for hybrid additive manufacturing machines is expected to register a CAGR of more than 15%.
- The COVID-19 epidemic halted the production of a number of items in the hybrid additive manufacturing machine sector, mostly because of the extended lockdown in important international markets. This severely slowed the market growth for hybrid additive manufacturing equipment during the past several months. Equipment and machinery sales were impacted by COVID-19 in the first quarter of 2020, and market growth suffered throughout the year.
- Hybrid manufacturing is the process of putting both subtractive and additive processes into a single machine.The market is mostly driven by the fact that both processes can be done on one machine. This is especially true in the aerospace, defense, and automotive industries.It makes manufacturing effortless with the capability to switch between two processes instantly. Although the technology is relatively new, much like 3D printing, the potential benefits of hybrid additive manufacturing have made the adopters of the technology very optimistic about the technology’s prospects.
- Hybrid manufacturing also makes parts as they are needed, so there is no need to keep expensive and space-consuming stock.With hybrid additive manufacturing, manufacturers can produce custom materials, rapid prototypes, and provide an opportunity for new products and better efficiency. Recently, in January 2023, the US Navy installed Phillips additive hybrid metal 3D printing solution on USS Bataan.
- Also, using this equipment in different industries helps to reduce the bad effects on the environment.The hybrid production processes release fewer chemical and hazardous pollutants and account for a major reduction in the carbon footprint.
- Also, hybrid additive manufacturing makes up for some of the flaws of the additive manufacturing system by using multi-axis systems that let the parts being made move in any direction.Also, 95% waste reduction, better efficiency, capabilities for process development and material characterization, and material and material cost savings, etc. are some of the major benefits that are further augmenting the adoption of hybrid additive manufacturing machines across sectors.
- However, high initial investments and installation costs associated with these machines are hindering market growth. Further, SMEs and manufacturing companies with low investment capabilities are unable to deploy the machinery due to the high initial investment costs.
- Additionally, the machines require skilled and well-trained labor to operate them. To maintain equipment performance and eliminate system breakage issues, companies need to incur huge costs to provide professional training sessions for workers.
Nikon Corporation (Nikon) has disclosed a recent investment in Hybrid Manufacturing Technologies Global, Inc. An integration technique that enables users to integrate additive tools onto any platform was successfully developed by Hybrid Manufacturing Technologies Global, Inc. (HMT), an award-winning industry leader in additive manufacturing (AM). By combining several complementary technologies in a single setup, this ground-breaking solution enables users to fully use the production process.
Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Industry Segmentation
Additive manufacturing, also known as 3D printing, is an automated process used to create rapid prototypes and functional end-use parts. It takes virtual designs from Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software and transforms them into thin, virtual, horizontal layer-wise cross-sections until the model is complete. Hybrid additive manufacturing is a combination of additive and subtractive processes. This integration helps run different processes simultaneously on the same machine. Machines that have both additive and subtractive tools, such as CNC tools, integrated are considered within the scope.
The Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market is segmented by end-user industry (Aerospace & Defense, Energy & Power, Electronics, Medical, Automotive, and Other End-User Industries) and geography. The report offers market size and forecasts for the Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine industry in value (USD billion) for all the above segments.
|By End-user Industry|
|Aerospace & Defense|
|Energy & Power|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Rest of the World|
Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market Trends
Medical Sector Expected to Hold a Significant Share
- In terms of rate of deployment, the medical sector holds a significant share in the market for hybrid additive manufacturing machines. The benefits of hybrid manufacturing in the medical sector are due to the option to customize parts rather than using pre-made titanium pieces. In the medical industry, hybrid manufacturing is used to make end-products such as surgical equipment, prosthetics and implants, and scaffolds.
- The use of hybrid additive manufacturing in the medical field is growing, mostly because more surgeries are being done and more people are becoming aware of and using advances in medical technology.For example, the widespread use of surgical robots in the medical field is leading to automation, which is why the medical field needs hybrid manufacturing.
- Further, the major benefits of hybrid manufacturing over traditional manufacturing in the medical industry are short product development times, better patient recovery, the development of patient- or surgeon-specific products, low manufacturing costs, and better accuracy.
- Also, traditionally, the additive manufacturing process in the medical field was considered a technique used solely to produce prototypes or models. However, with the development of advanced technologies and biocompatible materials, the market has grown in its adoption of hybrid manufacturing as a major process.
- Also, with a splurge in digitization, everything, including 3D printing, is happening online. 3D files can be kept on an online platform that is easily accessible to clients or distributors everywhere at any time to order on demand. According to the trends, 3D printing for medical devices seems optimistic. Such practices are further expected to augment market demand in the industry because they help the medical practitioners repeat the operation, reduce the time of the surgery, and limit the decision-making time. However, the high cost of hybrid additive manufacturing machines is expected to hamper the market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Hold a Major Share
- The North America region is expected to hold a major share in the hybrid additive manufacturing machines market in terms of revenue, owing to the presence of several major players and the relatively higher consumption of hybrid manufacturing machines across all industry verticals.
- But doctors and patients are becoming more educated about the benefits of new medical technologies, which is helping to speed up the adoption of these technologies in the region.
- Also, North America has been an early adopter of advanced medical technologies. Moreover, the increasing healthcare expenditure, high disposable incomes, low cost of manufacturing, rapid product development, and growing number of surgical procedures in lieu of medical tourism have amplified the interest of market players.
- Furthermore, the continuous expansion of the aerospace and automotive industries in the U.S. is driving industry development at a rapid pace. The rising awareness of hybrid manufacturing machines that offer efficient production capabilities is driving overall industry demand.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Industry Overview
The competitive landscape of the hybrid additive manufacturing machine market is moderately concentrated, due to the presence of major vendors providing the machines and equipment used for hybrid manufacturing, and these vendors hold the majority market share.
The companies providing hybrid manufacturing machines adopt various strategies, such as new product development, innovations, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and collaborations, to sustain in the highly competitive industry and to enhance their hybrid additive-manufacturing machines offerings worldwide.
Moreover, major players in the hybrid manufacturing machine market are focusing on innovation and development of technologically advanced and cost-effective equipment so that they are affordable and hence applicable to a majority of industries and not just large industries.
Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market Leaders
Matsuura Machinery Ltd.
Maschinenfabrik Berthold Hermle AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market News
- December 2022: Incodema3D has acquired an EOS M 300-4 system as part of its ongoing commitment to DMLS 3D printers. The purchase gives the company more room to make things, and it gives Incodema3D its 16th EOS industrial 3D printer.They are thrilled to offer their customers the newest EOS DMLS technology. According to Sean Whittaker, president and chief executive officer of Incodema3D, they only use EOS printers, and the EOS M 300-4 fits nicely inside their sizable fleet of metal 3D printers. When considering production scaling with their customers, the EOS M 300-4 is the first platform they consider because it excels at creating small and medium-sized components in large quantities.
- September 2022: Nikon increases its investment in hybrid manufacturing technologies for 3D printing in metal. The news comes shortly after the Japanese optical technology expert announced a 622 million EUR (USD 677 million) deal to acquire metal 3D printing startup SLM Solutions; however, the investment's specifics have not been made public. Nikon stated its intention to become "a global leader in metal AM" in a document that accompanied the news, with an emphasis on laser powder bed fusion (LPBF) and directed energy deposition (DED) technology.
Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.4 Market Restraints
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.7 Technology Snapshot
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By End-user Industry
5.1.1 Aerospace & Defense
5.1.2 Energy & Power
5.1.6 Other End-user Industries
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Optomec, Inc.
6.1.2 Mazak Corporation
6.1.3 DMG MORI
6.1.4 Matsuura Machinery Ltd.
6.1.5 Hybrid Manufacturing technologies
6.1.6 ELB-SCHLIFF Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH
6.1.7 Mitsui Seiki, Inc.
6.1.8 Okuma America Corporation
6.1.9 Diversified Machine Systems
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market Research FAQs
What is the current Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market size?
The Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 15% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market?
Optomec, Inc., Mazak Corporation, DMG MORI, Matsuura Machinery Ltd. and Maschinenfabrik Berthold Hermle AG are the major companies operating in the Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market?
Europe is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Market.
Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Hybrid Additive Manufacturing Machine analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.