The global high-performance computing (HPC) market was valued at USD 29.37 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach a value of USD 43.97 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 12.28% over the forecast period (2018-2023).
HPC has become vital to various users across government sectors, enterprises, and scientific researchers, to generate and develop advanced products and services. There is an imminent need to develop sophisticated HPC systems, and deploy them throughout academic, industry, and government institutions, while also utilizing it to address social challenges, like health, public safety, weather forecasting, climate change, and environmental protection. These advancements in computing technology are providing various benefits, like faster computing capabilities, enhanced performance efficiency, and smarter operation & management. These factors are expected to enhance the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Expansion and Diversification of IT Industry
The fast-paced growth in the IT industry is expected to be the major driver for the high-performance computing market. The incorporation of IT services across diverse industry verticals is the major cause for this growth, where, apart from business operations, these services are also used for process optimization, data management, and analytics. These functionalities are becoming more complex with growing industry size and high consumer data generation, creating a huge demand for HPCs. Furthermore, information technology has emerged as an integral part of business operations across different industry verticals, further supplementing the market growth.
Hardware Segment Occupies Major Market Share
The hardware segment constitutes a major part of the revenue generated in the high-performance computing market. HPC networks, are usually a cluster of computers or a single high-performance supercomputer, and hence, the hardware components, including processors, networking devices, memory, storage, servers, graphic adaptors, and other such equipment, are major contributors to the market. Servers are among the most integral parts of the HPC infrastructure cluster, and account for a major part of the hardware components market share. Advances in technology have led to rapid improvements in the HPC systems and enhancing their size, density, power requirements, and storage capacity over the recent past.
North America Dominated the Market
North America is one of the largest markets for technology-based solutions. It is also expected to be a strong player in the global economy, especially, in the development and implementation of new technologies. This implementation of new technologies is driven by the huge increase in raw data, and the need for security, thus, leading to the deployment of HPC systems. Moreover, both, large firms, such as General Motors, Procter & Gamble, and Boeing, and small and medium enterprises, such as L&L Products and Zipp, are deploying HPCs to solve technical challenges in several industries. Thus, using these insights to develop innovative products will help in providing first mover advantage in their markets.
Major Players: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD), NEC Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Sugon Information Industry Co. Ltd, Fujitsu Ltd, Intel Corporation, International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), Microsoft Corporation, DELL Technologies Inc., Cray Inc., Lenovo Group Ltd, Amazon Web Services, NVIDIA Corporation among others
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017 – IBM and Salesforce announced an expansion of the partnership to deliver new artificial intelligence predictive analytics. The collaboration is aimed at converging its AI platform and cloud computing platforms to create a more insightful CRM.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Impact of the increasing adoption of HPC among SMEs and growing demand for HPCaaS.
- Analyze various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Growth across various end users, such as academic research, government, financial services, etc.
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Study Deliverables
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.1 Study Assumptions
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Research Phases
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Drivers & Restraints
4.3 Factors Driving the Market
4.4 Factors Restraining the Market
4.5 Opportunities of the Marke
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global High-performance Computing Market Segmentation By Deployment
6. Global High-performance Computing Market Segmentation By Component
7. Global High-performance Computing Market Segmentation By End-user Application
7.1 Bio-Sciences Academic Research
7.4 Financial Services
8. Global High-performance Computing Market Segmentation By Geography
8.1 North America
8.4 Rest of the World
9. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
9.1 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
9.2 NEC Corporation
9.3 Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
9.4 Sugon Information Industry Co. Ltd
9.5 Fujitsu Ltd
9.6 Intel Corporation
9.7 International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
9.8 Microsoft Corporation
9.9 DELL Technologies Inc.
9.10 Cray Inc.
9.11 Lenovo Group Ltd
9.12 Amazon Web Services
9.13 NVIDIA Corporation
10. Vendor Market Share
11. Investment Analysis
12. Future of the High-performance Computing Market