The market is expected to cross USD 1610 million by 2022 with a projected CAGR of 10.45% during the forecasted period of 2017-2022.
Rising demand for food commodities is shifting the farmers towards the adoption of greenhouse irrigation methods, as unfavorable climatic conditions are affecting the quality of crops. Governments are emphasizing on increasing awareness of greenhouse farming by creating “buy local” movement and supporting them in establishing the greenhouses by sanctioning loans. The market is further expanded by growing demand for greenhouse crops as they are grown or cultivated in a proper and controlled environment. Irrigation in greenhouses is by dripping, sprinkling, mat watering, boom irrigation etc. and they represent the efficient use of the water and reduces labor time on watering plants. However, high installation and maintenance cost and lack of awareness are hindering the growth of this market.
Drip irrigation is the most adopted and efficient method used by farmers as it avoids plants’ susceptibility to infections from standing water. Vegetables dominate the application category, as round the year demand for vegetables is high and farmers are willing to extend the harvest season with greenhouse farming. In addition, high yields and quality obtained is also driving the market. Fruits and ornamentals have recorded the major share in the market.
High adoption rates of greenhouse farming in Asia-Pacific has resulted it to head the market. The market is undergoing expansions due to governments’ sanctioning loans and support to establish greenhouses to meet the demand of the increasing population in the region. North America and Europe are expected to grow at slightly faster rate due to rising demand for fruits and vegetables.
Key Industry Players
The market has huge competitors such as:
- Netafim Ltd
- Jain Irrigation System
- Rain Bird Corporation
- Nelson Irrigation
- Lindsay Corporation
Companies have adopted varied strategies to make their space in the market such as acquisitions, expansions, investments, collaborations, agreements and launching new products. Lindsay Corporation is the one of the most prominent player in the industry having a considerable market share of in the greenhouse irrigation system market.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Analysis of the global greenhouse irrigation systems market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- The segment-level analysis in terms of application and end-user demand.
- Forecasts and estimations for the sub-segment level market.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Identification and analysis of the exogenous and endogenous factors such as macro and microeconomic variables that affect the global greenhouse irrigation systems market on both global and regional scales.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of key players along with their share of markets.
- A comprehensive analysis of recent organic and inorganic developments in the market by the major companies, and strategic benchmarking of developments.
- A comprehensive overview of the worldwide greenhouse irrigation system market.
- A competitive intelligence regarding the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions still untapped.
The report holds importance for the following stakeholders:
- Producers and manufacturers.
- Enterprises operating in the industry.
- Traders and stakeholders operating in the sector.
- Investors/research institutions interested in the market.
- Supply chain analysis
- Regulatory framework
- Trade analysis
- Trend analysis
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Greenhouse Crops
4.1.2 Emphasis on Monitoring Water for Efficient Use
4.1.3 Dropping Reliance over the Climatic Condition
4.2.1 High Installation and Maintenance Cost
4.2.2 Lack of Awareness
4.3.1 Technological Advances
4.3.2 Rising Adoption of Greenhouse Method
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Drip Irrigation
5.1.2 Sprinkle Irrigation
5.1.3 Boom Watering
5.1.4 Others ( Mat Watering, Perimeter Irrigation, EDD And Flood Systems)
5.2 By Crop Type
5.2.1 Fruits & Nuts
5.2.4 Flowers & Ornamentals
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Major Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Netafim Limited
7.2 Rivulis Irrigation Ltd.
7.3 Access Irrigation Ltd.
7.4 Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
7.5 Antelco Pty. Ltd.
7.6 Valmont Industries Inc.
7.7 Driptech Inc.
7.8 Olson Irrigation Systems
7.9 The Toro Company
7.10 Elgo Irrigation Ltd.
7.11 Orbit Irrigation products Inc.
7.12 Lindsay Corporation
7.13 Ewing Irrigation Products Inc.
7.14 EPC Industries Limited
7.15 Rain Bird Corporation
7.16 Hunter Industries Inc.
7.17 Life Irrigation
7.18 Nelson Irrigation Corporation
7.19 Irritec S.P.A.