Fastest Growing Market:
The market for ready-mix concrete is expected to expand at a CAGR of more than 6%, during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are the development of smart cities, and continuous infrastructure development in emerging. Ease of availability of potential substitutes is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Rising awareness of ready-mix concrete in developing economies is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from the countries such as China and India.
Scope of the Report
The ready-mix concrete market report includes:
| Application |
| ||Residential |
| || |
| Non-residential |
| Geography |
| || |
| Asia-Pacific |
|South Korea |
|ASEAN Countries |
|Rest of Asia-Pacific |
| || |
| North America |
|United States |
| || |
| Europe |
|United Kingdom |
|Rest of Europe |
| || |
| South America |
|Rest of South America |
| || |
| Middle-East and Africa |
|Saudi Arabia |
|South Africa |
|Rest of Middle-East and Africa |
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Non-Residential Segment
- Non-residential is segmented into infrastructure, commercial, and industrial/ institutional
- Infrastructure development, such as the construction of highways, a makeover of airports, and construction of dams in developing economies, coupled with the growing trend of urbanization, is one of the significant factors propelling market growth for ready-mix concrete.
- An increasing number of big infrastructure projects are propelling the growth of the market studied, owing to its high quality and ease of use. The time constraints in infrastructure development projects across urban areas are creating huge demand for readymade concrete mixes.
- Furthermore, since ages, concrete has been the first choice of contractors for commercial development of buildings and if it is a large-scale concrete structure, the ready-mix is the ultimate choice. Construction units, like office spaces, retail, hotels, and entertainment centers are the growth wagons for the market studied in commercial buildings application.
- Asia-Pacific has been a thriving market for office spaces in recent years. Demand for office spaces in India has been growing rapidly for many years. The country has been receiving significant interest from foreign investors in the commercial sector
- Owing to the aforementioned developments and investments, the use of ready-mix in the industrial/institutional application segment is expected to rise globally, during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region Market to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market with China and India being the major consumers of the market studied.
- The Chinese residential housing sector is experiencing a drop-in growth. Nearly 22% of the Chinese urban house stocking is expected to be empty. These include unsold properties and apartments brought by entrepreneurs and speculators, who have no intention of living in them but to hold them as an investment property.
- As a result, a decline in the construction and rise in the taxes are expected to occur in the Chinese construction sector in the upcoming years, which can have a negative impact on the demand for the consumption of ready-mix concrete in the country.
- Infrastructure and highway expansion are a key part of China’s 13th Five Year Plan. In the present scenario the government is taking initiatives, which involves two types of road networks that include a tolled expressway with low tariff and another without toll.
- Also, In India, it is being preferred in the residential construction sector, owing to the advantages, such as savings in labor requirements and supervision costs, faster construction, and uniform, consistent, and assured quality of concrete.
- Demand for residential housing in India has rushed due to increased urbanization and rising household income. Also, the Indian Government has allowed FDI of up to 100% for settlements development and townships projects. This, in turn, is projected to increase the residential housing construction in the country.
- Thus, owing to such factors, the demand for ready-mix concrete is expected to remain high during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
The global ready-mix concrete market is consolidated and dominated by the top five players, accounting for an estimated market share of almost 50% in the overall market revenue. Key players include CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V., LafargeHolcim, Heidelberg Cement AG., UltraTech Cement Ltd., BuzziUnicem S.p.A., among others.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Development of Smart Cities
4.1.2 Continuous Infrastructure Development in Emerging Economies
4.2.1 Loss of Workability
4.2.2 Ease of Availability of Potential Substitutes
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 ASEAN Countries
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 ACC Limited
6.4.2 BuzziUnicem SpA
6.4.3 CEMEX SAB de CV
6.4.4 Colas Group
6.4.5 Dillon Bros Ready Mix Concrete LLC
6.4.6 Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd
6.4.7 HeidelbergCement AG
6.4.9 Livingston's Concrete Service Inc.
6.4.11 R.W. Sidley Inc.
6.4.12 U.S. Concrete Inc.
6.4.13 UltraTech Cement Ltd
6.4.14 Vicat SA
6.4.15 Vulcan Materials
*List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS