All soldiers carry equipment required for warfare and lifesaving equipment. The net weight of carrying these equipment prevents them from being agile, mobile and effective in the face of war especially the difficult terrains, high elevations and fast-paced operations that today's troops experience, the weight on their shoulders is critical. As a result they often tend to leave the lifesaving equipment as it is the heaviest compared to rest which is highly dangerous to their lives. The key to soldier modernization industry is to reduce the weight of equipment to the lowest possible without compromising protection and performance. That is why for example in USA, the Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC), headquartered at Picatinny Arsenal, N.J., is working to reduce by as much as 50 percent the weight of weapons and ammunition - two of the five heaviest items U.S. troops carry. Phillips is the ARDEC Project Officer for the Lightweight Small Arms Technologies (LSAT) program, which has spent the last six years researching and developing a new light machine gun that may one day replace the M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon. The key to this light machine gun is the 5.56mm cased telescoped ammunition that it fires. Instead of using a traditional brass shell, this new round features a thin plastic casing, reducing the weight by 42 percent.
With the advancement in technology modernization of soldier equipment is moving fast. For example, advancements in networked electronic and optic equipment helps a lot like wearable computer on the vests of soldiers can display the exact image from their sight on their helmet mountedoptronics or their tactical PDA. With aroundthe-corner sighting, they can see without being seen, andobserve the enemy without exposing themselves to danger. The soldier digital radio delivers totally secure real-time voice and data owing to the C4 principle for soldiers. New protective gears light ballistic vest (capable of resisting handguns, shrapnel and knives), ballistic plate effective against armor-piercing bullets, NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) protection, including assisted respiration, and equipment dedicated to crowd control can be used for protection of hands, knees etc.,
The net revenues from modernization of soldiers in 2014 is about $6.5 billion, expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.32% by 2020.
Why should you be interested in this report?
1. This report forecasts potential for each of the soldier modernization submarkets - C4I/ISR, Lethality, Sustainability, Survivability, Mobility.
2. Learn about forecast for modernization of soldiers globally in general and each region and country in specific.
3. Get a knowhow of the key vendors in this market company profiles, what they offer, what distinguishes them, what their products and services are?
4. Recently few countries budget on soldier modernization has been fluctuating and few reduced their budget. You will learn about these market issues.
5. Market trends and drivers.
Who should be interested in this report?
1. Vendors in this market segment
2. Sectors that need these services