Reciprocating Pumps Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Reciprocating Pumps Market Analysis
The Global Reciprocating Pump market is expected to grow by registering a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period (2022 - 2027). The growth of most end-user industries of reciprocating pumps, including oil & gas, water treatment, and chemical processing, is driving the studied market's growth.
- A reciprocating pump at its core is a hydraulic machine that converts mechanical energy into hydraulic energy. These pumps use a piston moving back and forth in a cylinder. Additionally, these pumps have been in use for a long time, primarily for high-pressure and low-volume applications.
- In the wastewater treatment industry, reciprocating pumps are used where it is required to deal with a large quantity of sewage and sludges to be pumped against low heads. The increasing investment in wastewater treatment across various regions is expected to drive the demand for reciprocating pumps. For instance, according to Eurostat, wastewater treatment and waste management accounted for 23% and 28% of total expenditure in the general government and non-profit sector in 2021.
- Similarly, in November 2021, the United States Government announced USD 550 million in new spending, of which USD 55 million was allocated to fund the development of wastewater, drinking water, and stormwater infrastructure.
- However, factors such as non-uniform flow of liquid, high initial cost, and increased maintenance cost due to higher degree of wear and tear are challenging the growth of the studied market.
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on the studied market owing to the destruction of activities across the major end-user industries. For instance, in the United States, several guidelines regarding the safety of the workers were issued by OSHA that restricted the use of manpower at any specific site at a single time. However, with the conditions returning towards normalcy, the market is expected to witness pre-pandemic level growth during the forecast period.
Reciprocating Pumps Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Reciprocating Pumps Market according to our research experts:
Oil & Gas Sector to Hold Significant Market Share
- As oil and gas extraction are high-pressure applications, they require suction to lift fluids and push them into different chambers for further processing. Plunger pumps are most popular to be used in this situation, as they are well suited for applications in high-pressure environments.
- Over the years, the oil & gas industry has witnessed significant growth. Owing to the increasing demand for petroleum-based products across the majority of the world, increased investment to modernize oil extraction and transportation has been observed, which is driving the demand for reciprocating pumps as they are widely used in oil extraction and transportation processes.
- According to Aramco, in 2021, the company's average hydrocarbon production was 12.3 million barrels of oil equivalent per day, including 9.2 mmbpd of crude oil. Considering the growing demand, the company plans to raise crude oil Maximum Sustainable Capacity (MSC) to 13 million barrels per day (mmbpd) by 2027.
- Such trends encourage the vendors to develop innovative products to fulfill various requirements of the oil & gas industry. For instance, DDL is among the few companies worldwide that specialize in manufacturing steam/gas-driven reciprocating pumps. These pumps are used predominantly in arduous duties within oil refineries and petrochemical plants.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific to Witness Significant Growth
- The demand for reciprocating pumps has been increasing in the Asia Pacific region owing to rapid industrialization and urbanization. For instance, according to the forecasts of ADB, about 55% of the population in Asia will be urban by 2030. Furthermore, in China, the urbanization rate of permanent residents reached 64.72% in 2021, according to the State Council of the People's Republic of China.
- In its budget for 2021, the Indian government allocated INR 1,41,000 crore for wastewater treatment and solid waste management. Increasing investment in the wastewater treatment infrastructure is expected to drive the demand for reciprocating pumps as they're used for pumping large quantities of sewage against the low head.
- Reciprocating pumps are also widely used in the mining sector because they operate in high-pressure environments. Furthermore, the ability of reciprocating pumps to produce a fixed volume of fluid displacement at a given speed to provide a constant flow, regardless of pressure, makes them ideal for mining operations.
- The increasing size of the mining sector across countries such as Australia, China, and India further supports the studied market's growth. For instance, according to the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM), the Australian mining industry amounts to 75% of the country's exports, and the average annual earning of the Australian mining industry amounts to USD 50 billion.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Reciprocating Pumps Industry Overview
The Global Reciprocating Pumps market is moderately competitive. Owing to the presence of several players in the market, the vendors focus on developing innovative solutions to achieve market differentiation. Established players are focusing more on mergers & acquisitions to reduce competition and further strengthen their market presence. Major players in the market include DMW Corporation, PSG Dover, Flowserve Corporation, and Ram Pumps Ltd.
- May 2022 - Jereh unveiled its latest JR7000QP Plunger Pump and its innovative fracturing solutions of Apollo Turbine Frac Pumper, Power2Go 33MW Mobile Gas Turbine Genset, and Electric Frac at the OTC 2022.
- June 2021 - Celeros Flow Technology launched a new, standardized range of reciprocating pumps to improve the speed and bring simplicity to design. The latest upgrades will allow the customers to view preconfigured drawings and quickly select from the pump options.
Reciprocating Pumps Market Leaders
Peroni Pompe Spa
Ram Pumps Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Reciprocating Pumps Market News
- June 2021 - Alfa Laval announced the launch of its new DuraCirc Circumferential Piston Pump. With flow rates up to 150 m3/h, the pump can handle operating pressures up to 580 psi (40 bar). Additionally, its optional ports make it easy to replace existing pumps from Alfa Laval and other brands with the DuraCirc without adapting pipework.
- March 2021 - To address the need for pumps with lower pulsation, Diaphragm pump manufacturer KNF added the FP 70 to its smooth flow liquid pump range. The new product improves the efficiency of the pump and the customer's fluidic system.
Reciprocating Pumps Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Deployment in Oil & Gas Sector
5.1.2 Advancement in Reciprocating Pump Technology
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 High Installation and Maintenance Cost Associated
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.2 By Mechnism
6.2.1 Up to 100 m3/h
6.2.2 100-300 m3/h
6.2.3 300-800 m3/h
6.2.4 Above 800 m3/h
6.3 By End-User
6.3.1 Oil & Gas
6.3.2 Water & Waste Water
6.3.5 Food & Beverages
6.3.6 Pulp & Paper
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.2 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 DMW Corporation
7.1.2 PSG Dover
7.1.3 Peroni Pompe SPA
7.1.4 Flowserve Corporation
7.1.5 Ram Pumps Ltd.
7.1.6 Celeros Flow Technology
7.1.7 Cat Pumps
7.1.8 TEIKOKU MACHINERY WORKS, LTD
7.1.9 URACA GmbH & Co. KG
7.1.10 Wasp Pumps Pvt. Ltd.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
Reciprocating Pumps Market Research FAQs
What is the current Global Reciprocating Pumps Market size?
The Global Reciprocating Pumps Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Global Reciprocating Pumps Market?
DMW Corporation, Flowserve Corporation, Peroni Pompe Spa, Ram Pumps Ltd. and PSG Dover are the major companies operating in the Global Reciprocating Pumps Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Reciprocating Pumps Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Reciprocating Pumps Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Global Reciprocating Pumps Market.
Global Reciprocating Pumps Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Global Reciprocating Pumps market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Global Reciprocating Pumps analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.