Global Poultry Feed
The global poultry feed market was estimated at USD 3,161.14 million in 2017. The industry is expected to register a CAGR of over 3.91% over the forecast period.
Increasing Consumption of Poultry Meat
Increasing the productivity of poultry is critical to feeding the growing global population. However, high feed prices are acting as a restraint to the poultry feed market. Global poultry meat production is growing, with two-thirds of the increase originating in Asia-Pacific region itself.
The poultry sector of Argentina is exhibiting growth due to government-supported investment and competitive feed prices. Additionally, the poultry meat is growing in the EU and the Russian Federation to meet increasing domestic demands. Increased investment and a consumer shift from pork to poultry have led to increased production in China. Production gains are expected in countries like India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, and Thailand.
Source: Nation Chicken Council
Ban on Antibiotics
The recent ban on antibiotics as growth promoters for animals by the EU and the United States is expected to open new business opportunities in the poultry feed market. This ban is expected to increase the uptake of other feed additives such as enzymes, feed acidifiers, and other direct-fed microbial for improving poultry meat quality and poultry by-products. The ban has led livestock producers to identify new ways to stimulate production among fowls and to deliver the same benefits provided by antibiotic growth promoters. However, following the ban, meat producers outside the EU and United States, who export poultry products to these regions will find it difficult to match the export standards. Several different feed additives, such as enzymes, amino acids, probiotics, prebiotics, organic acids, and proprietary blends, are emerging as potential alternatives. However, the general belief is that there is no direct replacement available for antibiotic growth promoters and further research is needed to prove the effectiveness of alternative products.
Key Developments in the Market:
- February 2018: A subsidiary of Skylark Group of India, launched Park Agrotech Ghana Limited, an improved brand of poultry feed for Ghana poultry farmers.
- February 2018: EU Health and Food Safety Commissioner intend to authorize the inclusion of insect protein in poultry feed by 2019, after regulation and technical matters are sorted.
- Major Players: Cargill Inc., Alltech, Inc., Archer Daniels Midland, and De Heus B.V., among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report:
- Provides latest insights into the global poultry feed market
- Gives a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape in the poultry feed industry segmented by ingredients, supplements, and geography
- Analyses the market scenario with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Forecasts the market volume and value by assessing the impact of the market drivers and constraints
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Technology Trends
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of the Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Increase in Population and Incomes
5.1.2 Change in Dietary Preferances: Shift Towards High-protein Diets
5.1.3 Growing Demand from Asia and South America (India, China, Brazil)
5.1.4 Growth in Demand for Quail Meat
5.2.1 Fall in European Exports
5.2.2 Increasing Raw Material Costs
5.2.3 Disease Outbreasks and Environmental Concerns
5.2.4 Increasing Veterinary Oversight: VFD
5.3.1 Increasing Use of Technology (Feed Formulation Softwares)
5.3.2 Product Innovation: Natural Feed Additives
6. Global Poultry Feed Market Segmentation by Ingredient
6.2 Cereal by-products
6.3 Oilseed Meals
7. Global Poultry Feed Market Segmentation by Supplements
7.2 Amino Acids
7.7 Probiotics & Prebiotics
8. Global Swine Feed Market Segmentation by Geography
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.2.2 United Kingdom
8.4 South America
8.5.1 South Africa
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2 Market Share Analysis
10. Company Profiles
10.1 Charoen Pokphand
10.2 Cargill Inc.
10.3 Land O Lakes Purina
10.4 Alltech Inc.
10.5 Archer Daniels Midland
10.6 New Hope Group
10.7 Wen’s Group
10.9 Miratorg Agribusiness Holding
10.10 Kyodo Shiryo Company
10.11 Sodrugestvo Group
10.12 DeKalb Feeds
10.13 De Hues
10.14 Ballance Agri-Nutrients
10.15 Heiskell & CO.