Egypt Compound Feed Market Size
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Egypt Compound Feed Market Analysis
The market for compound feed in Egypt is projected to register a CAGR of 4.3% over the forecast period.
- The compound feed market is projected to experience brisk development due to a rise in animal-based food product consumption all over Egypt. Change in customer dietary habits toward the quality of dairy products and meat is expected to contribute to the growth of the compound feed market over the forecast period.
- In Egypt, the number of modern dairy and feed farms has increased considerably. As per USDA report in 2020, Dakahlia Poultry Co., one of Egypt's largest investors in the poultry sector, inaugurated a new feed mill with a capacity of 3.000 MT/ day of poultry feed and 400MT/ day of aquafeed. Egypt counts 180 poultry feed mills producing various types of feed formulations for the poultry industry; these supply over 95 percent of the domestic market’s demand. The majority of the domestic meat consumed in the country is locally produced, making Egypt an attractive market for the supply and import of compound feed.
- Egypt is expected to rise ahead in manifold ways with respect to the agriculture and animal husbandry sectors. The government is currently emphasizing Egypt’s Sustainable Development Strategy: Vision 2030, in which the livestock sector is anticipated to play a key role. Increasing the per capita animal protein consumption by 4g/day by the year 2030 is one of the main objectives of developing animal, poultry, and fisheries production. This has opened doors for a plethora of compound feed manufacturers in the region.
- The rising urbanization and increasing disposable incomes have directed the Egyptians toward the food habits of the Western world. This, in turn, has led to increasing demand for meat, meat products, and processed meat, thereby increasing the demand for compound feed in the country. Further, the changing raw material prices and stringent government policies and regulations related to domestic animal farming are presumed to have a negative impact on the compound feed industry in Egypt.
Egypt Compound Feed Industry Segmentation
Compound feed is a mixture of raw materials and supplements fed to the livestock, sourced from either plant, animal, organic or inorganic substances, or industrial processing, whether or not containing additives. While soybean, corn, barley, wheat, and sorghum are the most commonly used raw materials, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids are the most common additives blended to form compound feed. The Egyptian compound feed market is segmented by animal type including ruminants, poultry, aquaculture, and other animal types and ingredients including cereal, cakes and meals, by-products, and supplements. The report offers market size and forecast in volume (metric ton) and value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Cakes and Meals|
|Other Animal Types|
Egypt Compound Feed Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Egypt Compound Feed Market according to our research experts:
Growing Regulated Poultry Industry in Egypt
Poultry is one of the main agricultural industries in Egypt. It contributes 10% of agricultural value-added, with the country producing over 1 million ton of poultry meat. According to studies, the per capita consumption of poultry is approximately 15 kg per year. The sector is highly heterogeneous, comprising large integrated, specialized producers and at least 11 million households keeping chickens and other poultry. Stakeholders have identified two main poultry production systems in Egypt, intensive/commercial and extensive/household.
As per the spotlight report on the livestock production system published by FAO and USAID, there are approximately 30,000 registered intensive poultry farms and the same number of unregistered farms. The majority, almost 80%, are located in Lower Egypt. The intensive poultry system is pivotal for the supply of affordably-priced animal protein to the Egyptian population. However, it is highly dependent on importing feed, mainly maize and soya bean, and other inputs and equipment, which makes consumer prices highly volatile.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increased Beef Consumption
Egyptian beef consumption is driven by the availability of affordably priced beef. According to the USDA report, most Egyptian consumers are of the lower-income group. Egypt’s meat-centric food culture remains unchanged, and any variation in the consumption rate is due to beef affordability. Beef consumption is fairly tied to cost rather than recommended daily protein intake.
The Egyptian military and the Ministry of Supply and Internal Trade (MOSIT) are expanding their beef distribution channels, thus increasing the availability of affordably priced beef. Egyptians consume red meat from locally produced fresh beef, imported ready-for-slaughter cattle, imports of frozen buffalo meat from India, and frozen beef mainly from Brazil. More affluent consumers view frozen imported beef as being an inferior product. Their opinion is premised on the fact that the bulk of frozen imported beef is low-quality cuts sold at government outlets at discounted prices. Thus, the rising scale of urbanization due to changing consumer preferences in beef meat products and growing awareness of nutrient management are projected to boost the demand in the compound feed market in the coming years.
Egypt Compound Feed Industry Overview
The Egypt compound feed market is fragmented in nature, with major players such as Alltech, Cargill, Kent Nutrition Group, Land O'Lakes, and J.D. Heiskell & Co. These players account for most of the share in the compound feed market. Collectively, these companies are making significant investments to upgrade and expand their production plants in terms of capacity and technology for various products. These investments are being made in terms of mergers and acquisitions of small and regional players, providing technical support to small players, and expanding the R&D capabilities of the respective companies.
Egypt Compound Feed Market Leaders
LAND O’ LAKES INC. (PURINA MILLS)
United Animal Health
Archer Daniels Midland Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Egypt Compound Feed Market News
- July 2022: Nutreco, a Dutch producer of animal nutrition, fish feed, and processed meat products, has been awarded a USD 4.8 million grant to build feed mills in remote African communities including Egypt.
- June 2022: Nutreco Exploration (NutEx), a new team within Nutreco, focused on the company's investment and research. The new team is expected to enhance the current portfolio of animal feed products and drive the next generation of feed additives, helping the company become an industry leader.
- January 2022: Cargill expands its portfolio of artificial intelligence-powered innovations to give poultry producers actionable insights Galleon™ and Birdoo are their latest innovative solutions to help maximize animal health and flock performance.
Egypt Compound Feed Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Cakes and Meals
5.2 Animal Type
5.2.4 Other Animal Types
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Archer Daniels Midland
6.3.2 DeKalb Feeds
6.3.3 Heiskell & Co.
6.3.4 Kent Feeds
6.3.6 Cargill Inc.
6.3.7 Land O Lakes Purina
6.3.8 Alltech Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Egypt Compound Feed Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Egypt Compound Feed Market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Egypt Compound Feed Market?
The Egypt Compound Feed Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.3% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Egypt Compound Feed Market?
LAND O’ LAKES INC. (PURINA MILLS), United Animal Health, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill Inc., Alltech Inc. are the major companies operating in Egypt Compound Feed Market.
Egypt Compound Feed Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Egypt Compound Feed market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Egypt Compound Feed analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.