The magnetic proximity sensor market is expected to grow at the rate of 6.50%, during the forecast period. The scope of the report is limited to segments by type including inductive, capacitive, photoelectric, and magnetic and limited to end-users like aerospace & defense, industrial, automotive, and marine. While the region considered in the scope of the report include North America, Europe, Asia pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America.
One of the Major Drivers for the Market is the Growth in Industrial Automation
The industrial automation segment has been emerging to be a relatively more attractive space for investment by organizations across the globe. The dependence on robots in industrial controller mechanisms is an established trend, paving the way for a larger and wider adoption of the industrial control and automation equipment. However, limitations in sensing capabilities and availability of other sensors at a lower cost might hinder the growth of the magnetic proximity sensor market.
Automotive Industry has the Highest Market Share during the Forecast Period
Due to the increasing purchasing power of the millennial population, there is a continuous demand for passenger cars. According to OICA, global passenger was estimated to be 72.10 million units in 2016 and the demand is expected to continue during the forecast period.
For an average consumer, trucks are reliable options, as they have better fuel efficiency and safety features. These factors drive the growth of heavy weight vehicles. Premium vehicles and utilities continue to drive the sales of light vehicles, which cumulatively contribute to an increase in the demand for proximity sensors market during the forecast period.
Applications of Magnetic Proximity Sensors
Magnetic proximity sensors are usually made of magnetic materials usually low Ferro-magnetic in nature. The magnetic proximity sensors are reeds in contact is enclose in either glass tubes or bulbs along with an inert gas. The phenomena of induction due to the contact between the magnetic fields make the contact electrical. The applications are majorly found in industrial automation, wherever the use of cylinders are possible. The reeds are mounted on the cylinder to sense position of the cylinder whether it has moved forward, backward or up, down. For any machine, there is always a necessity of cylinders on average there is an average of 5 sensors found in a machine. So, as the automation increases in the industrial sector, more is the demand for magnetic proximity sensor.
Key Developments in the Market
- August 2017 - Honeywell announced launch of Proximity Sensors for Aircraft. Honeywell has launched a new series of self-diagnosing sensors designed to improve the performance of aircraft systems and reduce maintenance costs by helping to eliminate false readings. Its integral health monitoring (IHM) proximity sensors, which detect when a sensor has been damaged or otherwise affected, can be integrated into an aircraft’s thrust reverser actuation system, flight controls, doors and landing gear, among others
Major Players: General Electric, Eaton Corporation Plc, Rockwell Automation, Inc., Omron Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Balluff Gmbh, Honeywell International Inc., and Turck, Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The growing industrial automation acts as a driver to the global market scenario
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Regions which is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increase in Demand for Non-contact Sensing Technology
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Limitations in Sensing Capabilities
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Model – Industry Attractiveness
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. Magnetic Proximity Sensors Market Breakdown, by Type
5.1 Cylindrical Capacitive Sensor
5.2 Rectangular Capacitive Sensor
6. Magnetic Proximity Sensors Market Breakdown, by End-user Industry
6.1 Elevators and escalators
6.2 Manufacturing Industry
6.3 Consumer Electronics
6.4 Food & Beverage
6.5 Metals & Mining Industry
6.6 Aerospace and Defense
7. Magnetic Proximity Sensors Market Breakdown, by Geography
7.1 North America
7.2.5 Rest of Europe
7.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.4 Middle East & Africa
7.4.2 Saudi Arabia
7.4.3 South Africa
7.4.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7.5 Latin America
7.5.4 Rest of Latin America
8. Magnetic Company Profiles of Proximity Sensors Market
8.1 Panasonic Corporation
8.2 Turck Inc
8.3 Rockwell Automation, Inc.
8.4 Omron Corporation
8.5 Honeywell International Inc.
8.6 Avago Technologies (Broadcom Limited)
8.7 Fargo Controls Inc.
8.8 IFM Electronic GmbH
8.9 Pepperl + Fuchs GmbH
8.10 Fargo Controls
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Investor Outlook
10. Future Outlook of Magnetic Proximity Sensors Market