Leak Test Equipment Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 6.50 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Leak Test Equipment Market Analysis
The Leak Test Equipment Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 6.5% during the forecast period.
- A sudden outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic led to the implementation of stringent lockdown regulations across several nations resulting in disruptions in the import and export activities of Leak Test Equipment.
- Medical device manufacturers continue to increase the expectations of their quality standards in order to decrease and minimize risk. Therefore, medical device leak testing is of the utmost importance. Medical devices are unlike the majority of other mass-produced products. Blood filters, catheters, syringes, ventilator tubes, and other devices must meet strict FDA criteria to be put into the market and sold. Today, the most common form of leak testing for medical devices is done through an automated air leak test using air-pressure decay, vacuum decay, or mass flow testing.
- Leaks are never good, they are even worse if you’re flying in an aircraft at 40,000 feet. Fuel systems, engines, landing gear, ventilation systems and other aerospace devices that rely on numerous tanks, pumps, actuators, lines and fittings must be tested for tightness during both assembly and maintenance applications. Fighters, jetliners, cropdusters, helicopters, satellites, rockets and other things that fly are prone to many types of gas and liquid leaks. That’s why aerospace manufacturers require high levels of quality certifications with leak testing equipment, such as ISO 9001 and AS9100, in addition to safety certifications, such as UL 913. Many companies are also subject to stringent standards, such as MIL-STD-750, Method 1071, which covers hermetic seals, and IP67, which covers leak tight enclosures.
- Maximising the shelf life for packaged foods is a continuous challenge for manufacturers. This is because most of the perishable food items are moisture and oxygen-sensitive and even a minor tampering with the packaging can ruin the product. Ensuring seal and package integrity are very critical in the food industry, especially when perishable foods such as salad packs, baked goods, snacks, milk powder and pet food are concerned. Any leakage allows the ingress of organic substance such as oxygen, air or moisture that accelerate the decomposition of the products. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that packages are properly tested for leaks to maximize the freshness and shelf life of perishable products.
Leak Test Equipment Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Leak Test Equipment Market according to our research experts:
Demand from Oil and Gas Industry Driving the Market
Many countries are concentrating their efforts on constructing oil and gas pipeline networks since they are the safest and most cost-effective means of transportation. Pipelines allow oil and gas to be transported safely and efficiently through urban areas with little impediments. For speedier transportation of hydrocarbons, multiple cross-country oil and gas pipelines are being proposed. They are anticipated to drive the market for Leak Test Equipment Market forward. High temperature and pressure, as well as corrosion conditions, can cause leaks. Corrosion of pipelines and tanker vessels is caused by the presence of oxygen, water, carbon dioxide, and hydrogen sulphide in crude oil and natural gas. Corrosion can occur both within and outside. Internal corrosion is induced by natural gas and crude oil ingredients, whereas external corrosion is mostly driven by temperature changes and rainfall, among other natural elements. Increased concerns regarding the emission of harmful greenhouse gases, expansion of oil & gas pipeline infrastructure, and stringent government rules & regulations, and policies are major drivers for the growth of the market.
Globally, approximately 217 upcoming pipeline projects are in the construction stage and are likely to start operations from 2022 to 2026. According to industry report a total of 524 new-build trunk/transmission pipelines projects are expected to start operations from 2022 to 2026. Of these, 376 represent gas pipelines projects, 67 constitute oil pipelines, 65 projects belong to product pipelines, and 16 account for Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) pipelines. Asia dominates globally with the highest number of pipeline projects (151) by 2026. North America and Europe follow with 108 and 82 pipeline projects, respectively.
The US leads among the countries globally, with 75 pipeline projects expected to start operations by 2026. India and Australia follow with 57 and 28 pipeline projects, respectively.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Growth of Leak Test Equipment in Automobile Industry:
Finding and irradiating leaks is critical for the automotive industry; it affects not just initial car quality, which is tested, recorded, and marked for consumers by a variety of organizations, but also overall product lifecycle quality and lifetime. A leak detection test is performed throughout the manufacturing process, but after the vehicle has been constructed with all of the parts in the air-conditioning and fuel systems, a final check is necessary on the final assembly line.
The detection of fuel and air-conditioning system leakage is critical for safety and regulatory steps conducted before the vehicle leaves the production line. Whether it's a passenger car, a truck, or a farm vehicle, testing these systems is heavily controlled. The various parts of the vehicle that needs to be tested come with a wide range of leak rate requirements. Due to stricter regulations in regard to emission, fuel components they need to be leak tested with higher sensitivities. The modern leak testing machines now come with digital components for the ever-rising automobile industry.
In 2021, 79.1 million motor vehicles were produced around the world, an increase of 1.3% compared to 2020. Till November 2021, over 73 million cars have been produced by the world’s manufacturers.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Leak Test Equipment Industry Overview
The Global Special Purpose Machines Market is highly fragmented. Uson, Vacuum Instruments Corporation, Fortest, CETA TESTSYSTEME GmbH, ATEQ Corp. are among the major players in the market. The players in the market are involved in competitive strategic developments such as partnerships, new product development, and market expansion to augment their leadership position.
Leak Test Equipment Market Leaders
Vacuum Instruments Corporation
CETA TESTSYSTEME GmbH
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Leak Test Equipment Market News
- Oct 2020 - Vacuum Instruments Corporation and ATEQ Corp. North America entered into a strategic partnership. The partnership offers the world's largest leak-testing product range and the best experts in leak-testing technologies. ATEQ and VIC combine experiences with key applications, like electric vehicle batteries and fuel cells, in order to provide comprehensive and reliable solutions.
- Feb 2022 - ATEQ Corp., a manufacturer of leak and flow testers, and North Central Manufacturing Solutions, a manufacturing solution provider, have entered into a strategic business partnership. North Central Manufacturing Solutions is a provider for the Upper Midwest, which will allow ATEQ to increase its ability to locally serve customers.
Leak Test Equipment Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
4.3 Government Regulations and Initiatives
4.4 Supply Chain/Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Technology Snapshot
4.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By End-user
5.1.2 Automotive & Transportation
5.1.3 Medical & Pharmaceutical
5.2 By Geography
5.2.1 North America
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.2.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia - Pacific
5.2.4 South America
5.2.5 Middle East
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Concentration Overview
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.2 Vacuum Instruments Corporation
6.2.4 CETA TESTSYSTEME GmbH
6.2.5 ATEQ Corp.
6.2.6 CTS Cincinnati
6.2.7 InterTech Development Company
6.2.8 LACO Technologies
6.2.10 TASI Group
6.2.11 Pfeiffer Vacuum GmbH
6.2.12 Cosmo Instruments Co. ltd.
6.2.13 TQC Automation & Test Solutions
6.2.14 GMJ Systems & Automations Pvt Ltd*
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. Market Opportunities and Future Trends
Leak Test Equipment Market Research FAQs
What is the current Global Leak Test Equipment Market size?
The Global Leak Test Equipment Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 6.5% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Global Leak Test Equipment Market?
Uson, Vacuum Instruments Corporation, Fortest, CETA TESTSYSTEME GmbH and ATEQ Corp. are the major companies operating in the Global Leak Test Equipment Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Leak Test Equipment Market?
North America is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Leak Test Equipment Market?
In 2023, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Global Leak Test Equipment Market.
Global Leak Test Equipment Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Global Leak Test Equipment market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Global Leak Test Equipment analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.