|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The E-commerce market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.2% during the forecast period, 2022-2027. The global smartphone user population is increasing as the internet's penetration increases. Digital content, financial services, travel and leisure, and e-tailing, to name a few, are among the e-commerce possibilities available to the internet-connected client base, which is growing in popularity as internet usage rises. As a result, customers' technical knowledge is projected to impact market growth positively.
· Due to the lower cost of communication and infrastructure, established businesses and giant corporations are gravitating toward online business. E-commerce allows the organization to reach out to clients more efficiently, resulting in essential exposure to the firm. Online marketing tools such as Google advertisements and Facebook ads also drive e-commerce.
· Small and medium-sized businesses are expanding significantly, especially in India, China, South Africa, and Russia. Initiatives like Make in India and Start-up India have increased the number of start-ups that use the internet marketplace to conduct business, boosting the market growth. The absence of deployment of technical infrastructure in rural parts of nations such as India, China, and Brazil is predicted to stifle market expansion.
· As retail outlets close, customers' preference for internet shopping is increasing due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. The outbreak has significantly impacted critical economies like the United States, China, India, and Italy. As a result, Europe and North America are expected to impact the market significantly.
Scope of the Report
E-commerce refers to selling clothing, electronics, furniture, books, cosmetics, and other items over the internet. Companies that provide home delivery services, such as e-commerce and m-commerce, are included in this industry.
Retailers and their consumers conduct sales transactions using information technology, such as the telephone and the internet, and merchandise is often delivered via mail or courier. Direct mailers that sell their merchandise and retail through online websites are also included in the e-commerce industry.
The Global E-commerce Market is segmented by B2C E-Commerce (Beauty and Personal Care, Consumer Electronics, Fashion and Apparel, Food and Beverage, Furniture and Home), B2B E-commerce, and By Geography.
|By B2C ecommerce|
|Market size (GMV) for the period of 2017-2027|
|By B2B ecommerce|
|Market size for the period of 2017-2027|
Key Market Trends
Advancements in Technology
· The growth of the e-commerce sector is expected to be supported by rising internet penetration and smartphone use. Consumer tastes change towards online buying as the internet and cellphones become more widely used. According to We Are Social's particular study on Digital 2020, released in January 2020, the overall number of internet users worldwide in 2020 climbed to 4.54 billion, up 298 million or 7% from January 2019.
· Because of the growing use of smartphones and tablets worldwide, online retail continues to grow. People can shop on their phones thanks to technological advancements such as branded shopping apps, 5G wifi, and social shopping.
· On several e-commerce platforms, brands are counting on virtual shopping and experimenting with augmented and virtual reality retail. Consumers have no limits in the metaverse, a 3D virtual reality. People from all across the world can engage with products in a metaverse, irrespective of their location.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Initiatives by Government
· In the e-commerce market, increasing government and company initiatives to boost e-commerce sales is a prominent trend. The Union Ministry of India announced the government's intention to develop Bharat Craft, an e-commerce web in India modeled after Alibaba, a Chinese e-commerce platform. This app is designed to give a platform for MSMEs to market and sell their products, boosting the country's economic growth.
· At the national level, government bodies improve their policies and plan to ensure long-term viability and consumer protection. High environmental and social standards will improve the countries' environmental and social norms, which will affect the viability of the e-commerce business in these countries. Adopting harsh sanctions, for example, will make it harder for companies to enter the e-commerce industry. Still, adopting lenient sanctions will make it easier for businesses to do so.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
In the e-commerce business, many local and worldwide firms have expanded, resulting in fierce competition. Some of the key players are Amazon.com Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Walmart Inc., Costco Wholesale Corporation, and Shopify Inc. Product launches, high expenses on R&D, acquisitions and partnerships, etc. are the growth strategies adopted by such companies to sustain the intense competition.
· September 2021 - Amazon announced to expand its successful cooperation with Tegut to include a new delivery area and is now offering Prime members in the Kassel area the opportunity to order groceries and everyday items online from a local Tegut branch. The approximately 10,000 available products from the Tegut range include fresh, chilled, and frozen goods, organic products, regional and sustainable food and beverages, drugstore items, and pet food.
· December 2021 - Walmart in Mexico inaugurated a new Distribution Center (Cedis) located in Baja, California, investments 986 million pesos. Further, new Cedis would be able to process the entry and exit of nearly 5 million boxes per month to supply Bodega Aurrera (24), Mi Bodega Aurrera (10), and Walmart Supercenter stores. (15), and thus meet omnichannel purchase orders in the states of Baja California and Sonora.
· April 2022 - Amazon Web Services, Inc. announced the availability of Amazon Aurora Serverless version 2, the next generation of Amazon Aurora Serverless, which automatically scales to thousands of transactions in milliseconds to support even more demanding applications.
· February 2022 - Amazon announced opening a new German logistics center in Kaiserslautern, Rhineland-Palatinate, scheduled to start operations in autumn 2022. Amazon will create more than 1,000 attractive jobs within the first year of operation and offer competitive wages and benefits with the new logistics center. Amazon continues to expand its German logistics network to meet customer demand and expand product selection.
· January 2022 - Walmart Mexico, through its Board of Directors, announced that it is considering strategic alternatives regarding its operations in El Salvador, Honduras, and Nicaragua, focusing efforts and capital on its main businesses and geographies. These alternatives could include but are not limited to possible joint ventures, partnerships or strategic alliances, a sale, or other transactions.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Key market trends and share of e-commerce of total Retail sector
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the e-commerce sales
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Advancements in Technology
5.1.2 Initiatives by Government
5.1.3 Increasing Consumer Interest towards Convenient Shopping solutions
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Low Internet Penetration
5.2.2 Increasing Security and Privacy Concerns
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By B2C ecommerce
6.1.1 Market size (GMV) for the period of 2017-2027
6.1.2 Market Segmentation - by Application
126.96.36.199 Beauty & Personal Care
188.8.131.52 Consumer Electronics
184.108.40.206 Fashion & Apparel
220.127.116.11 Food & Beverage
18.104.22.168 Furniture & Home
22.214.171.124 Others (Toys, DIY, Media, etc.)
6.2 By B2B ecommerce
6.2.1 Market size for the period of 2017-2027
6.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Amazon.com Inc.
7.1.2 Alibaba Group Holding Limited
7.1.3 Airbnb, Inc.
7.1.4 Walmart Inc.
7.1.5 JD.com Inc.
7.1.6 Rakuten Inc.
7.1.7 Inter Ikea Systems B.V.
7.1.8 Costco Wholesale Corporation
7.1.9 Shopify Inc.
7.1.10 Best Buy Co. Inc.
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of the Market
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Global e-commerce market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Global e-commerce market?
The Global e-commerce market is growing at a CAGR of 15.2% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global e-commerce market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Global e-commerce market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Global e-commerce market?
Amazon.com Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Airbnb, Inc., Walmart Inc., JD.com Inc., Rakuten Inc., Inter Ikea Systems B.V., Costco Wholesale Corporation, Shopify Inc., Best Buy Co. Inc. are the major companies operating in Global e-commerce market.