Gaming Accessories Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 11.88 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 19.32 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Gaming Accessories Market Analysis
The Gaming Accessories Market size is estimated at USD 11.88 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 19.32 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 10.22% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
- Increased demand for game accessories, allowing players to achieve the next level of performance, is a result of this growth in gaming. There is a need for speed, precision, and reliability in competitive gaming. Specialized, high-performance gear such as gaming mice, keyboards, and controllers are used by digital athletes in the same way that other sports allow them to perform at their best.
- The growth in esports adoption has significantly raised the demand for robust game accessories. Special equipment, e.g., Ultraprecise optical sensors in the gaming mouse, significantly shorter actuation distances on keyboard switches, and programmable rear paddle of performance controllers, will meet gamers' requirements for competitive responsiveness.
- For an extended period, gaming involves a lot of movement, keyboarding, and scrolling. Accessories such as gaming mice are developed for prolonged use and are built to improve gaming sessions. The buttons are to be clicked multiple times; the glide pad is designed to decrease friction while being durable, and an antisweat coating has been added.
- In addition, the global market is growing due to increased demand for smartphones and rapidly developing technologies like virtual reality VR and Artificial intelligence. The potential of Augmented Reality has been recognized by top gaming console manufacturers such as Nintendo and Microsoft, who are leading the charge.
- A worldwide shortage of semiconductors has hampered the supply of everyday devices such as mobile phones, video game consoles, and tech-dependent vehicles. This resulted in a delay in plans from major gaming companies and reduced demand for their related accessories following the introduction of these devices on the market.
- With the outbreak of COVID-19 in China, several gaming accessory manufacturers experienced shipping delays due to the lack of manufacturing components and raw materials, as most of the manufacturing plants are in China. Once the existing inventory was sold, the companies needed more product supply.
Gaming Accessories Market Trends
Rise in E-Sports Gaming to Fuel the Demand for Gaming Accessory Equipment to Drive the Market Growth
- E-sports are now driving the world's gaming industry in terms of its market demand, which is currently strong under current market conditions. The export market has been forecast to increase over the next few years.
- It's the millennials who make up most of the audience and players in esports. To this end, eSPORTS publishers target these customers by ensuring the game's user experience and providing it to different platforms such as consoles, PCs, or cell phones.
- In the past years, this massive increase in the esports market has driven significant companies such as Logitech, Razer, and SteelSeries and their products, and this increase in demand could be multiplied by the expected growth of the estimated esports audience worldwide.
- Gamers are more aware of specific brands, so they make more significant considerations in making such a vital decision as purchasing peripherals. The choice of which peripheral brands have similar strategies related to esports, influence on products, and USPs is becoming more difficult for consumers.
- Also, many e-sports outfits and gaming companies offer partnerships and collaborations to increase the marketing and scope of the products. These big gaming companies with games such as Dota, League of Legends, and Fortnite provide massive scope opportunities to these companies as they have revenues and reach unparalleled and in millions.
Asia Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth
- Asia Pacific holds the largest market shares, whereas the highest revenue shares are in Southeast Asia. The world's top gaming hubs are China, Japan, Australia, and South Korea, accounting for more than 40 % of the industry's annual revenues.
- In Asia, China is one of the leading countries that has been adopting technology at an increasing rate. The country is home to one of the fastest internet bands and strong players, like Tencent and NetEase. The main driving factors for gaming in this country are growing esports and constantly innovative practices related to new games and consoles.
- eSports has also become a trend in the region, leading to an increasing market for video games. In other countries besides China, such as Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc., new opportunities for gaming accessories have arisen because of increasing viewing rates and a growing trend towards electronic sports. There is also a growth in demand for video games via consoles, which will increase further as esports become more popular.
- Moreover, several new platforms are being created to strengthen the growth of Asia Pacific through increased regional content. Furthermore, the market is projected to continue rising as more and more 5G networks are installed in the country.
Gaming Accessories Industry Overview
The gaming accessories market is highly competitive due to a minimal number of global vendors holding a large share of the market. In the worldwide gaming accessory market, manufacturers will primarily focus on improving their game accessories collection to remain in competition with the market. Sony, Microsoft, and so on are some of the leading players.
In June 2023, Razer Inc announced the latest version of Razer Blade 14, a portable 14-inch gaming laptop in the signature matt black and dazzling mercury white color. It features the all-new AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS processor with DDR5-5600MHz SO-DIMM memory. With the latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series laptop graphics and to experience this power, users are presented with an immersive 16:10 aspect ratio QHD+ 240 Hz display that provides stunning color depth and contrast.
In February 2023, CORSAIR introduced iCUE Murals Lighting, a groundbreaking software for creating incredibly immersive lighting effects in CORSAIR iCUE. This powerful feature lets you use images, video, and on-screen visuals as colorful templates to produce imaginative, mesmerizing lightscapes. With Murals, the desktop and entire game room come alive with dazzling, custom-created RGB.
Gaming Accessories Market Leaders
Logitech International SA
Mad Catz Global Limited
Turtle Beach Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Gaming Accessories Market News
- April 2023: Razer Inc. announced the 2023 Razer BlackShark V2 Pro, the definitive esports headset evolves. The wireless headset is optimized for performance with cutting-edge audio, durable comfort, and ultra-fast connectivity, boasting a new innovative Razer HyperClear Super Wideband Mic, built-in Pro-Tuned FPS Profiles, 70-hour battery life, Type C charging capabilities, Bluetooth connectivity, and more, the enhanced 2023 BlackShark V2 Pro has been designed in collaboration with some of the world's top esports players, including Hakis (Alliance), Shotzzy (OpTic Gaming), Dexter (MOUZ), Refsgaard (Ninjas in Pyjamas), & Stax (DRX).
- February 2023: Corsair Gaming Inc. launched a new entry in its acclaimed HS gaming headset lineup: the HS65 WIRELESS. This fashionably lightweight headset boasts two ways to connect to games via low-latency 2.4GHz wireless or Bluetooth, giving the versatility to listen across all your systems and devices. Available in black or white, the HS65 WIRELESS offers advanced audio personalization with Sonarworks SoundID.
Gaming Accessories Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rise in e-sports gaming to fuel the demand for gaming accessory equipment
5.1.2 New console and computer GPU unit launch to present an increase of demands for accessories
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Fluctuation in the production of silicon chips leading to shortage in demand of gaming accessories
5.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Product Type
6.1.2 Gaming Keyboards
6.1.3 Gaming Mice
6.1.4 Gaming Headsets
6.1.5 Virtual Reality Devices
6.2 Device Type
6.2.1 PC (Desktop and Laptop)
6.2.2 Gaming Consoles
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Alienware (Dell)
7.1.2 Logitech International SA
7.1.3 Razer Inc.
7.1.4 Mad Catz Global Limited
7.1.5 Turtle Beach Corporation
7.1.6 Corsair Components Inc.
7.1.7 Cooler Master Co. Ltd
7.1.8 Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co. KG
7.1.11 Reddragon (Eastern Times Technology Co. Ltd)
7.1.12 Nintendo Co. Ltd
7.1.13 Sony Corporation
7.1.15 Nvidia Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Gaming Accessories Market Research FAQs
How big is the Gaming Accessories Market?
The Gaming Accessories Market size is expected to reach USD 11.88 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 10.22% to reach USD 19.32 billion by 2029.
What is the current Gaming Accessories Market size?
In 2024, the Gaming Accessories Market size is expected to reach USD 11.88 billion.
Who are the key players in Gaming Accessories Market?
Alienware (Dell), Logitech International SA, Razer Inc., Mad Catz Global Limited and Turtle Beach Corporation are the major companies operating in the Gaming Accessories Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Gaming Accessories Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Gaming Accessories Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Gaming Accessories Market.
What years does this Gaming Accessories Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Gaming Accessories Market size was estimated at USD 10.67 billion. The report covers the Gaming Accessories Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Gaming Accessories Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Gaming Accessories Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Gaming Accessories market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Gaming Accessories analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.