France Hospital Supplies Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
France Hospital Supplies Market Analysis
The France hospital supplies market is estimated to register a CAGR of around 6.3% over the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic significantly impacted the hospital supplies market in France, primarily due to the reduction in patient admissions during the pandemic. According to a retrospective multicenter study titled 'Impact of the French National Lockdown on Admissions to 14 Pediatric Intensive Care Units During the 2020 COVID-19 Pandemic' published in December 2021, there was a noticeable decrease in the number of pediatric intensive care unit admissions. This finding indicates the pandemic's significant impact on the market studied. However, currently, the market has returned to its pre-pandemic demand for hospital supplies and is expected to experience strong growth in the forecast period.
- Several factors are contributing to the overall growth of the France hospital supplies market. One of them is the increasing incidence of chronic diseases coupled with growing public awareness of hospital-acquired infections. France's high incidence rate of communicable diseases, such as influenza, is also increasing.
- According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control's March 2022 report, France is among the countries in the western-central part of the region that reported seasonal influenza activity at or above 30% positivity in sentinel primary care, with a seasonal influenza activity of 57%. This high incidence of communicable diseases in France is expected to lead to increased adoption of hospital utilities and supplies, driving the market growth.
- The rising aging population in France has resulted in an increased demand for hospital equipment and supplies, contributing to the growth of France's hospital supplies market. According to World Data 2022, the population aged 65 years and above in France was 14.2 million in 2021 compared to 13.9 million in 2020. Therefore, the geriatric population growth in France is likely to lead to high utilization of hospital supplies, as the elderly are more susceptible to infections and diseases.
- According to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation 2022, government health spending per person in France is expected to rise to USD 4,123 by 2050. This high healthcare spending in France is expected to drive the demand for better hospital supplies and contribute to market growth in the coming years. Thus, growing healthcare infrastructure and rising government initiatives to enhance and expand healthcare facilities are augmenting the demand for hospital supplies, which is expected to boost the market in the region.
- However, stringent regulatory frameworks and the emergence of home care services are expected to hinder market growth.
France Hospital Supplies Market Trends
Disposable Hospital Supplies Holds the Major Share in the Market Studied
- Disposable hospital supplies are products that are designed for one-time use only, such as medical apparatus, consumables, and disposable devices. These products are in high demand across all hospitals and are continuously used by hospital professionals, from cleaning to surgical theaters, as well as administrative departments.
- The increasing prevalence of hospital-acquired infections is expected to drive the demand for disposable hospital supplies. For example, the high population of sexually transmitted diseases in France has propelled the need for the usage of disposable exam gowns, gloves, and face masks, among others, in the hospitals of France, driving this segment's growth.
- In addition, the launch of innovative products by key market players in France is expected to lead to increased adoption of disposable hospital supplies, driving this segment's growth. For instance, Michelin's investment in the production of masks allows for the production of 3 million standard types I or IIR single-use surgical masks per month, leading to an increase in the adoption of surgical masks in hospitals.
- Overall, the adoption of disposable hospital supplies is continuously growing due to the rising concern for safety and cleanliness against hospital-acquired infections and maintaining hygiene across hospitals.
Increasing Incidence of Chronic Diseases is Expected to Propel the Market Growth
- The burden of chronic diseases in France is on the rise, leading to an increase in hospital admissions and demand for medical supplies. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), almost 3,942.9 thousand people in France were living with diabetes in 2021, and this number is expected to increase to 4,184.9 thousand by 2030 and 4,225.7 thousand by 2045. The growing burden of chronic diseases such as diabetes is anticipated to increase hospital visits, driving the demand for medical supplies and contributing to market growth.
- In addition, the number of cancer cases and diagnoses in France is also increasing significantly. According to the Global Cancer Observatory (Globocan) data from March 2021, colorectal cancer accounted for 22,280 (10.7%) new cancer cases in men and 22,280 (10.7%) in women during the year 2020. This trend is expected to fuel the demand for medical devices such as biopsy devices, catheters, tumor ablation devices, endoscopic and laparoscopic devices, and others, thereby contributing to market growth.
- Furthermore, gastrointestinal (GI) disorders are creating a significant healthcare burden in France. According to a November 2022 article from PubMed, eating disorders are a public health concern in France due to their increasing prevalence and associated comorbidities. The study also found a high risk of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) among all patients with eating disorders. These GI diseases are driving the demand for GI endoscopic procedures and the devices used for such procedures, further contributing to market growth.
France Hospital Supplies Industry Overview
The market for hospital supplies in France is highly competitive, and the increasing innovation and investment from various public and private organizations are expected to intensify the rivalry among industry players in the region. In order to gain recognition in the market, key players are collaborating with others to develop and promote their products. Some of the major players in the market include Boston Scientific Corporation, B Braun Melsungen AG, 3M Healthcare, Cardinal Health Inc., and Medtronic PLC, among others.
France Hospital Supplies Market Leaders
Boston Scientific Corporation
B. Braun Melsungen AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
France Hospital Supplies Market News
- May 2022: Germitec SA raised EUR 11 million (USD 12.87 million) to finance the commercial scale-up of its ultrasound probe disinfection system as it prepares to seek approval from the Food and Drugs Administration. This funding will help the company expand its operations and bring its innovative technology to market, which could significantly improve patient safety in healthcare facilities.
- January 2022: Resilience, a French health tech company, raised EUR 40 million (USD 46.8 million) in Series A funding to accelerate the deployment of its CE Class IIa medical devices in healthcare institutions and enhance its application with new features dedicated to patient well-being. This funding will help Resilience to grow its business and develop new solutions that improve patient outcomes and quality of care in healthcare settings.
France Hospital Supplies Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Incidences of Chronic Diseases
4.2.2 High Demand for Hospital Supplies Coupled with Rising Public Awareness About Hospital Acquired Infections
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Stringent Regulatory Framework & Emergence of Home Care Services
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Value - USD million)
5.1 By Product
5.1.1 Patient Examination Devices
5.1.2 Operating Room Equipment
5.1.3 Mobility Aids and Transportation Equipment
5.1.4 Sterilization and Disinfectant Equipment
5.1.5 Disposable Hospital Supplies
5.1.6 Syringes and Needles
5.1.7 Other Products
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 3M Healthcare
6.1.2 B Braun Melsungen AG
6.1.3 Baxter International Inc.
6.1.4 Becton, Dickinson and Company
6.1.5 Boston Scientific Corporation
6.1.6 Cardinal Health Inc.
6.1.7 Medtronic PLC
6.1.8 GE Healthcare
6.1.9 Thermo Fisher Scientific
6.1.10 Johnson & Johnson
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
France Hospital Supplies Market Research FAQs
What is the current France Hospital Supplies Market size?
The France Hospital Supplies Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.30% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in France Hospital Supplies Market?
Boston Scientific Corporation, 3M, Cardinal Health, Medtronic and B. Braun Melsungen AG are the major companies operating in the France Hospital Supplies Market.
What years does this France Hospital Supplies Market cover?
The report covers the France Hospital Supplies Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the France Hospital Supplies Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
France Hospital Supplies Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 France Hospital Supplies market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. France Hospital Supplies analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.