Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The firefighting foam market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The COVID-19 pandemic affected the market negatively, but it has since observed growth and is expected to reach pre-pandemic levels by the end of 2022.
- Major factors driving the market are the increasing demand due to the rise in the number of fire accidents and strict regulations from governments to maintain industrial safety. The absence of a global standard regulatory body is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- The oil and gas segment dominated the market, and it is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to less maintenance cost.
- Addressing environmental restrictions by finding new foam types is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- The Middle-East and Africa region dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption from the countries such as Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Iran, Iraq, and Kuwait.
Scope of the Report
Firefighting foams are used for fire suppression. Their role is to cool the fire by forming a layer above, preventing its contact with oxygen, and hence, resulting in suppression of the combustion. The firefighting foam market is segmented by foam type (aqueous film forming foam (AFFF), alcohol resistant (AR-AFFF), synthetic/detergent foam concentrate, protein foam concentrate, and other foam types), end-user industry (oil and gas, chemical and pharmaceutical, mining, transportation, and other end-user industries), and geography (Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle-East and Africa). The report offers market size and forecasts for the firefighting foam market in terms of revenue (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF)|
|Alcohol Resistant (AR-AFFF)|
|Synthetic/Detergent Foam Concentrate|
|Protein Foam Concentrate|
|Other Foam Types|
|Oil and Gas|
|Chemical and Pharmaceutical|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Oil and Gas Industry
- Firefighting foams are used in refineries, tank terminals, bulk fuel storage tanks, tank farms, LNG facilities, offshore platforms, and floating production storage and offloading (FPSO), where the main fire risks are hydrocarbon fires (Class B fire). Also, hydrocarbon fires comprise crude oil, fuel, gas, and shale oil.
- Some of the major oil extracting countries are the United States, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Canada, Iraq, and Iran, accounting for about 57% of the total world’s oil extraction.
- Depending upon the class of fire and type of fuel or solvent set on fire, different types of foaming agents are used. The type of foaming agents differs and is customized based on the type of industry.
- The oil and gas industry’s suitable type of foaming agent is aqueous film-forming foam, and it is the fastest considered type of firefighting foam.
- Global oil demand is still reeling from the effects of the pandemic, and it is unlikely to catch up with pre-COVID levels until the end of 2022.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for firefighting foams is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Middle-East and Africa Region to Dominate the Market
- With the growing oil and gas industry in countries such as Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Iraq, the utilization of firefighting foam is increasing in the region.
- Saudi Arabia leads the production of oil in the Middle-East and Africa region. Saudi Arabia pumped on average 9 million barrels per day (b/d) in 2021, and it is projected to pump 9.7 million b/d in 2022 and more than 10 million b/d in 2023.
- In February 2020, the UAE government announced the discovery of new natural gas reserves between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The newly discovered gas reserves possess about 80 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, and this discovery will certainly help the nation achieve its self-sufficiency in gas production.
- The contribution of all the major countries in the Middle-East and Africa region, like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, and Kuwait, accounts for about 26% of the global share in oil production, which is expected to grow over the coming years, thus, creating the largest market for this sector.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for firefighting foam in all the above-mentioned sectors during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The firefighting foam is fragmented, with top players accounting for a minor share of the market. The major companies include SFFECO Global, pgisystems, SaudiFal Company Ltd, Loshareh Chemical Industries, and Naffco.
The recent developments pertaining to the major players in the market are being covered in the complete study.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Strict Regulations from Governments to Maintain Industrial Safety
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Foam Type
5.1.1 Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF)
5.1.2 Alcohol Resistant (AR-AFFF)
5.1.3 Synthetic/Detergent Foam Concentrate
5.1.4 Protein Foam Concentrate
5.1.5 Other Foam Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Oil and Gas
5.2.2 Chemical and Pharmaceutical
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Angus Fire (UK)
6.4.2 Albilad Fighting Systems Ltd
6.4.3 Johnson Controls
6.4.4 Kerr Fire (UK)
6.4.5 Loshareh Chemical Industries
6.4.6 National Foam
6.4.9 SFFECO Global
6.4.10 Shanghai Waysmos Fire Suppression Co. Ltd
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Firefighting Foam Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Firefighting Foam Market?
The Firefighting Foam Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Firefighting Foam Market?
SFFECO Global, Albilad Fighting Systems Ltd, Loshareh Chemical Industries, pgisystems, Naffco are the major companies operating in Firefighting Foam Market.