Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The car parking market in Europe is expected to reach a CAGR of 10.05% during the forecast period (2022-2027). Due to the appeal for services, labor, leisure, commerce, and culture, urban areas are constantly developing, posing issues for towns and individuals. Smart cities are seeking improved sustainable mobility solutions to reduce pollution, reduce traffic congestion by assigning public and private spaces, reduce time spent circling vehicles looking for parking spaces, and increase overall accessibility and city centre appeal.
- It is expected to see significant growth in prices/parking charges across all European countries. The willingness of car users to pay for parking is increasing significantly – while the average duration of use is decreasing. In the past, parking charges have increased at a rate well above the inflation rate. For example, in Germany, parking charges for short-stay car parks increased by an average of 2.9 % in five years. In the UK, they increased by 3.6 %, and in Norway by 4.6%.
- The market also benefits from technological improvements and collaborations between local governments and technology suppliers. For example, in September 2019, Car & Away, the peer-to-peer car rental company and pioneer of the airport-based car-sharing economy, revealed that it had raised GBP 3.5 million in capital from private investors in the United Kingdom. This investment is expected to help the company expand in the United Kingdom and, further, it's objective to build the world's smartest peer-to-peer (P2P) car-sharing community.
- The European car parking business has been harmed as a result of the lockdown imposed due to the spread of the coronavirus. Reduced demand is due to a sharp reduction in traffic congestion and a decrease in car sales, among other factors. However, after the lockdown is lifted, demand is projected to rise, and vehicle sales are expected to increase due to concerns about public transportation safety. Post-pandemic car parking management will likely grow, focusing more on physical safety, information security, and people's perceived well-being.
Scope of the Report
The Europe Car Parking Market is segmented by Application Area (Parking Operators/Parking Management Companies, Infrastructure Providers (Hardware & Software), P2P Parking Apps providers) and by Country (UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe).
|By Application Area|
|Parking Operators/Parking Management Companies|
|Infrastructure Providers (Hardware & Software)|
|P2P Parking Apps Provider|
|Rest of Europe|
Key Market Trends
Technological Advancements to Boost the Market Growth
- Vehicles, infrastructure, and public transportation are rapidly linked with smart technology to improve mobility and safety. Streets are equipped with sensors that track data on the roads and through cars and mobile phones to acquire insight into traffic flow patterns, roadblocks, roadwork, and road conditions, among other things.
- Technological advancements such as the Internet of Things (IoT), parking sensors, and electronic payment methods also support the market's growth. Firms are trying to deliver an enhanced customer experience and offer hassle-free parking that can help them gain a competitive advantage over others. With the help of real-time data and analytics, organizations can allocate spaces, provide access control, and reduce administrative overhead spent on parking.
- Additionally, car parking management gives customers a sense of security as parking on the street is not considered the safest option. Still, with the car parking management, there can be an increase in the number of customers and the time they spend at any outlet.
- Furthermore, by optimizing vacant parking spaces, parking management technologies assist in raising overall revenue. Simultaneously, they play a critical role in lowering overall operational and capital expenditures (OPEX and CAPEX) (CAPEX). All governments worldwide attempt to reduce traffic congestion by providing enough parking spots for their population.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increase in purchase of Cars
- Though the overall growth rate of new car registrations has kept declining over the past few months in Europe, there is a significant number of new purchases. Total new passenger vehicle registrations in Europe (including the EU, EFTA, and the UK) were down 19% in March 2021, according to JATO Dynamics statistics for 27 European markets, with 1,116,419 new passenger cars registered. While registrations grew by 33% from March 2020 to March 2019, the market has failed to return to pre-pandemic levels, falling 37% short of March 2019.
- In March 2022, new passenger vehicle registrations in Europe fell by a fifth, with recent automobile sales falling 11% in the first quarter of 2022 to the lowest levels since 1985. EVs increased market share in Europe in March 2022, outselling diesel vehicles once more. In March 2022, the Tesla Model 3 was Europe's best-selling car model and best-selling battery-electric vehicle, but the Peugeot 208 was Europe's favorite automobile during the first quarter.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Europe Car Parking Market is moderately fragmented, with many players accounting for significant amounts of shares in the market. Some of the prominent companies in the car parking market are JustPark, Parkeon S.A, Park Rite, Urbiotica, and others.
- September 2021 - JustPark and Octopus Energy launch charging cooperation. They aim to help provide better urban charging opportunities for fleet drivers in the UK who do not have access to their parking and charging opportunities at home, which is suspected to be a large hurdle for EV adoption.
- In June 2020, Urbiotica announced the acquisition of Fastprk, a parking management solution from Worldsensing. The addition of Fastprk completes Urbiotica’s portfolio of smart parking solutions, strengthening its leadership position in the sector and opening up new opportunities to penetrate new markets due to the complementarity that Fastprk’s technology offers with its dual detection and LoRa communication protocol.
- January 2022 - Indigo Group finalized two bolt-on acquisitions in France of the off-street parking activities of Transdev Group and Covivio. Indigo Group concluded a partnership agreement with Covivio to study partnership projects for certain parking lots owned by Covivio in France and deploy INDIGO weel soft mobility solutions. Indigo Group will finance these two bolt-on acquisitions with its current liquidity.
- November 2021 - Urbiotica launches its new product U-Spot Visio, a single space detection software based on Artificial Intelligence. This new product is a single space detection software that uses Artificial Intelligence and is based on processing images captured in real-time by compatible cameras.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Stakeholder Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Evolution of the payments landscape in the country
4.5 Key market trends pertaining to the growth of cashless transaction in the country
4.6 Impact of COVID-19 on the payments market in the country
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Steady rise in vehicles leading to concerns over availability of parking space
5.1.2 Technological advancements and ongoing collaborations between local councils and technology providers
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Cost & Infrastructural Concerns
5.3 Key Regulations and Standards in the Europe Car Parking Industry
5.4 Analysis of major case studies and use-cases
5.5 Analysis of key demographic trends and patterns related to car parking industry in Europe
5.6 Analysis of cash displacement and rise of purchase of vehicles in Europe
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Application Area
6.1.1 Parking Operators/Parking Management Companies
6.1.2 Infrastructure Providers (Hardware & Software)
6.1.3 P2P Parking Apps Provider
6.2 By Country
6.2.5 Rest of Europe
7. Competitive Landscape
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.2 Euro Car Parks Limited
7.1.3 National Car Parks Limited (NCP)
7.1.4 NSL Limited, a Marston Holdings Company
7.1.5 ParkingEye Ltd
7.1.6 Parkeon S.A
7.1.7 Indigo Group
7.1.8 Paris France Parking
7.1.9 Park Rite
7.1.12 Munster Car Park Services Ltd
7.1.13 Nationwide Controlled Parking Systems
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of the Market
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Car Parking Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Europe Car Parking Market?
The Europe Car Parking Market is growing at a CAGR of 10.05% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Car Parking Market?
JustPark, Euro Car Parks Limited, National Car Parks Limited , NSL Limited, ParkingEye Ltd, Parkeon S.A, Indigo Group, Paris France Parking , Park Rite, RFC, IPairc, Munster Car Park Services Ltd, Nationwide Controlled Parking Systems, Tazbell, Urbiotica are the major companies operating in Europe Car Parking Market.