Epoxy Coatings Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Epoxy Coatings Market Analysis
The epoxy coatings market size is expected to grow from USD 32,016.00 million in 2023 to USD 39,422.79 million by 2028, at a CAGR of 4.25% during the forecast period.
- The epoxy coatings market was affected negatively due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The weakening automotive and transportation industry, as well as a brief halt in construction activity owing to the pandemic lockdown, had a detrimental impact on the phase change materials market demand. However, the market has now reached pre-pandemic levels and is expected to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period.
- The major factors driving the market studied are increasing demand for water-borne epoxy coatings, and growth in the building and construction industry is also expected to increase the market demand for epoxy coatings.
- However, stringent regulations on volatile organic compounds (VOC) emissions are expected to hinder the market's growth.
- The introduction of epoxies with minimal or no VOC emissions is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market, with the largest consumption of epoxy coatings during the forecast period.
Epoxy Coatings Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Building and Construction Industry
- Epoxy coatings are majorly used for quick-drying, protective coating, etc., for floors, metal, and other materials. Epoxy coatings can be used as epoxy floor paints in applications such as industrial or commercial flooring applications.
- According to the United States Census Bureau, the construction spending during April 2023 was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of USD 1,908.4 billion, 1.2 percent above the revised March estimate of USD 1,885.0 billion. The April figure is 7.2 percent above the April 2022 estimate of USD 1,780.9 billion.
- Moreover, during the first four months of 2023, the construction spending amounted to USD 566.7 billion, approximately 6 percent above the USD 533.9 billion spending for the same period in 2022.
- With the largest building stock on the continent, Germany is Europe's largest construction market. One of the main goals the German government established for the nation was affordable housing. The government plans to build 400,000 new housing units every year, 100,000 of which would be publicly subsidized.
- Germany had also given the go-ahead for the construction of 25,399 dwellings for October 2022. In comparison to October 2021, this implies a decrease in building permits of 4,198, or 14.2%, according to the Federal Statistics Office (Destatis). Moreover, a total of 297,453 residential building licenses were issued between January and October 2022.
- The expansion and proliferation of the building and construction sector is anticipated to be the main driver of the market for epoxy coating and thus drive the market forward.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to have the highest growth during the forecast period, owing to the increase in demand from the end-user industries, including building and construction, automotive, transportation, industrial, and other industries.
- The fourth quarter of 2022 saw an increase in China's construction output of around 50% over the previous quarter (USD 27.6 billion), reaching an estimated CNY 276 billion (about USD 40 billion), according to the National Bureau of Statistics of China. Due to the nation's emphasis on energy-efficient structures, phase change materials are also widely used in the construction sector.
- The Japanese construction sector is also predicted to boom because of the events that will be held in the nation. For example, in 2025, Osaka will host the World Expo. Most of the building is motivated by rehabilitation and recovery after natural catastrophes. Two high-rise structures for Tokyo Stations, a 37-story, 230m tall office tower scheduled to open in 2021 and a 61-story, 390m tall office tower scheduled to open in 2027.
- Furthermore, the number of residences developed and sanctioned under the PMAY plan in India's urban regions in 2022 was probably around 5.5 million and 11.4 million, respectively, according to the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- Furthermore, China has been the largest and most dominant nation in terms of vehicle production and sales of all types. In 2022, automotive production in the country reached 27.02 million units, which increased by approximately 3.4%, compared to 26.08 million vehicles produced in 2021, as stated by the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers.
- Additionally, as Japan's automotive sector is expanding, many automobile manufacturers increased their manufacturing capacity in the nation. According to the Japan Automobile Dealers Association (JADA), Toyota was the largest automobile manufacturer in Japan in 2022, selling around 1.25 million vehicles domestically, followed by Suzuki, which sold slightly more than 600,000 vehicles domestically in the same year.
- Hence, the market for epoxy coatings in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow significantly during the study period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Epoxy Coatings Industry Overview
The epoxy coatings market is partially consolidated in nature. The major companies include (not in any particular order) PPG Industries, Inc., AkzoNobel NV, Axalta Coating Systems, LLC, The Sherwin-Williams Company, RPM International Inc, among others.
Epoxy Coatings Market Leaders
Axalta Coating Systems LLC
The Sherwin-Williams Company
PPG Industries, Inc.
RPM International Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Epoxy Coatings Market News
- April 2023: Dur-A-Flex Inc. introduced Vent-E, a revolutionary formulation specially designed to provide additional protection to concrete floors that surpass the moisture and salt content thresholds of traditional epoxy coatings. This coating solution is well-suited for various applications, including commercial buildings, storage areas, warehouse floors, assembly and production areas, and more.
- March 2023: Wanhua Chemical Group Co. Ltd. delivered technical talks on four of its innovative coating solutions at the 2023 European Coatings Show (ECS) in Nuremberg, Germany. These concepts include actively promoting the conversion of traditional oil-based coatings to water-based formulations and producing bio-based solutions, all while helping clients enhance production efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Epoxy Coatings Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Water-borne Epoxy Coatings
4.1.2 Growing Building and Construction Industry
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Stringent Regulation on VOC Emissions
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Building and Construction
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AkzoNobel NV
6.4.2 Asian Paints
6.4.3 Axalta Coating Systems, LLC
6.4.4 BASF SE
6.4.5 Berger Paints India Limited
6.4.6 Dur-A-Flex, Inc.
6.4.7 The Euclid Chemical Company
6.4.8 Kansai Paint Co. Ltd
6.4.9 Koster Bauchemie AG
6.4.10 Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
6.4.11 Pidilite Industries Limited
6.4.12 PPG Industries, Inc.
6.4.13 RPM International Inc.
6.4.14 The Sherwin-Williams Company
6.4.17 West Pacific Coatings
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Introduction of Epoxies with Minimal or No VOC Emissions
7.2 Other Opportunities
Epoxy Coatings Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Epoxy Coatings Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Epoxy Coatings Market?
The Epoxy Coatings Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.25% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Epoxy Coatings Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Epoxy Coatings Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Epoxy Coatings Market?
AkzoNobel NV, Axalta Coating Systems LLC, The Sherwin-Williams Company, PPG Industries, Inc., RPM International Inc. are the major companies operating in Epoxy Coatings Market.
Epoxy Coatings Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Epoxy Coatings market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Epoxy Coatings analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.