Egypt Lubricants Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 1.5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Egypt Lubricants Market Analysis
The Egyptian lubricants market size was over 400 kilotons in 2021, and the market is projected to register a CAGR of over 1% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
In 2020, COVID-19 had a negative influence on the market. Due to the pandemic situation, the country was put under lockdown, causing individuals to reduce their use of personal automobiles and other modes of transportation, lowering demand for automotive lubricants. In the year 2021, the market continued to see a decreasing trend. According to CEIC data, the number of passenger car sales in the country is over 101 046 units when compared to 167,792 units last year. This has negatively impacted the lubricant market in the country. However, with the latest technological advancements in automotive and various other industries, the market is expected to see a recovery phase in the forecasted period.
- The major factors having a positive impact on the market studied are infrastructure development and automobile manufacturing.
- In the automotive sector, the innovation of electric cars is likely to have a positive impact in the forecasted period.
- The current pandemic is likely to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing demand from the wind energy sector is likely to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied during the forecasted period.
Egypt Lubricants Industry Segmentation
Lubricant products are made from a combination of base oils and additives. The composition of base oil in the formulation of lubricants is primarily between 75-90%. Base oils possess lubricating properties and make up to 90% of the final lubricant product. The market is segmented by product type and end-user industry. By product type, the market is segmented by engine oil, transmission and hydraulic fluid, general industrial oil, gear oil, grease, and other product types. By end-user industry, the market is segmented by power generation, automotive and other transportation, heavy equipment, food and beverage, and other end-user industries. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of volume (million liters).
|Transmission and Hydraulic Fluid|
|General Industrial Oil|
|Other Product Types|
|Automotive and Other Transportation|
|Food and Beverage|
|Other End-user Industries|
Egypt Lubricants Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Egypt Lubricants Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand for Engine Oil
- Engine Oils are typically used for applications, such as wear reduction, corrosion protection, and smooth operation of engine internals. It functions by creating a thin film between the moving parts to enhance the transfer of heat and reduce tension during the contact of parts.
- According to OICA data, the production of passenger cars increased by 28% in the year 2020 when compared to last year. This has led to an increase in engine oil consumption in the automotive sector of the country.
- The Egyptian government is setting a 500,000 annual car manufacturing target by 2022. This is expected to boost engine oil consumption in the coming years.
- High-mileage engine oil is in high demand at present, owing to the properties that help prevent oil leaks and reduce oil consumption.
- Over the past years, automobile production is increasing in the country resulting in the rise of engine oil sales.
- With the above mentioned factors are expected to contribute to the demand for engine oils in the automotive industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Power Generation Segment to Witness Lucrative Growth Rate
- Power generation is one of the most important sectors, without which almost all manufacturing operations may cease. In Egypt the overall production of all-electric energy generating facilities is 184 billion kWh, accounting for 115 percent of the country's own consumption.
- The country has seen rapid growth in the consumption of electricity over the past years. total According to World Dara the country has a consumption of over 159 billion kWh of electricity per year.
- Humidity, high pressure, high loads, vibrations, and temperature are all variables that affect turbines, transformers, and stationary engines. Gear and turbine oils are commonly utilized for lubrication in this industry. Lubrication has the ability to save a lot of money by preventing bearings from wearing out and failing prematurely.
- The above-mentioned factors are likely to drive the market for lubricants in power generation sector in Egypt.
Egypt Lubricants Industry Overview
The Egyptian lubricants market is highly consolidated among the top six players. The top companies have been utilizing competitive strategies and investments to retain and expand their shares. Key players, namely ExxonMobil Corporation, Co-operative Soceite des petroleum (Copetrole), Misr Petroleum Company, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, and Total, are accounting for more than 80% of the market studied.
Egypt Lubricants Market Leaders
Exxon Mobil Corporation
Co-Operative Soceite des Petroleum (Copetrole)
Royal Dutch Shell PLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Egypt Lubricants Market News
- On March 2021, EMA Lubricants (ExxonMobil) entered into a partnership with TENDERD to offer various services, including oil services, to Arab customers.
- On March 2021 FUCHS has announced the formation of a new Egyptian firm. FUCHS EGYPT LUBRICANTS LLC is a brand-new sales company has been launched in 2021. With a primary headquarters and a central warehouse in Cairo, supplies are centred on product imports from Saudi Arabia and Europe.
- On Nov 2020, Total Marketing Middle East entered into a partnership with Al Masaood Group. This partnership makes Al Masaood TBA an official distributor of TotalEnergies and further expands its presence in the UAE automotive aftersales market.
Egypt Lubricants Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from the Construction Sector
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Decline in the Sales of New Vehicles
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Engine Oil
5.1.2 Transmission and Hydraulic Fluid
5.1.3 General Industrial Oil
5.1.4 Gear Oil
5.1.6 Other Product Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Power Generation
5.2.2 Automotive and Other Transportation
5.2.3 Heavy Equipment
5.2.4 Food and Beverage
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by the Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Astron Energy Pty
6.4.2 Castrol Limited
6.4.3 Co-operative Soceite des petroleum (Copetrole)
6.4.4 ENOC Lubricants
6.4.5 ExxonMobil Corporation
6.4.8 Misr Petroleum Company
6.4.9 Pakelo Motor Oil SRL
6.4.10 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Promising Wind Energy Sector
Egypt Lubricants Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Egypt Lubricants Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Egypt Lubricants Market?
The Egypt Lubricants Market is growing at a CAGR of >1.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Egypt Lubricants Market?
Exxon Mobil Corporation, Co-Operative Soceite des Petroleum (Copetrole) , Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Total, Misr Petroleum are the major companies operating in Egypt Lubricants Market.
Egypt Lubricants Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Egypt Lubricants market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Egypt Lubricants analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.