Dolomite Powder Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Dolomite Powder Market Analysis
The dolomite powder market is estimated to reach 54.37 million tons by the end of this year and is projected to reach 65.80 million tons in the next five years, registering a CAGR of 3.89% during the forecast period.
The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted manufacturing activities and supply chains, and production halts negatively impacted the market in 2020. However, the market started recovering from 2021 by restoring the market's growth trajectory.
- Major factors driving the market studied are increasing demand from the construction and steel industries.
- On the flip side, the hazardous effects of dolomite powder dust are hindering the growth of the studied market.
- Technological advancements in dolomite powder applications and the usage of dolomite powder as fillers in polymer composites are likely to act as opportunities in the future.
- The Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period due to consumption in countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Dolomite Powder Market Trends
Steel Making Industry to Dominate the Market Demand
The dolomite powder is mainly used as slag flux in the manufacturing of steel and iron products. Calcium and magnesium dolomite powder is mostly used in the steel and iron manufacturing process.
Asia-Pacific is the largest iron and steel manufacturer, with China and India being the largest markets. In 2022, the steel production capacities of India and China increased by 4.5 billion tons and 3.3 billion tons, respectively.
In 2022, the steel production capacity in India increased by 5.5% due to increasing demand from construction and infrastructure industries. Furthermore, in 2022, crude steel production reached 124.5 million tons at a growth rate of 5.8% as compared to 117.63 million tons produced in 2021. The growth in the Indian steel sector has been driven by the domestic availability of raw materials and cost-effective labor.
In North America, total crude steel production decreased by about 5.5% in 2022, mainly driven by the fall in production in the United States and Canada by 5.9% and 7.9%, respectively. However, Mexico's steel production decreased at a slower rate by 1.6%.
In the European Union, steel production fell by 10.5% in 2022. Amongst the largest steel producers of the European Union, steel production contracted by 19.2% in Spain, 13.1% in France, and 11.9% in Italy during the year. European steel makers were heavily affected due to the rise in energy prices in 2022 as an impact of the Russia-Ukraine war.
The demand for dolomite powder from the segment is likely to grow moderately, owing to the temporary slowdown of the steel industry during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for dolomite powder during the forecast period. China, India, Japan, and South Korea are the region's largest markets for dolomite powder.
- China is the largest crude steel manufacturer in the region. In 2022, the total crude steel production reached 1.02 billion tons. The country has some of the world's largest steel manufacturers, such as China Baowu Group, Shagang Group, and Shandong Steel Group.
- The construction sector in the Asia-Pacific region is the largest in the world. It is increasing at a healthy rate, owing to the rising population, increase in middle-class income and urbanization. The highest growth for housing is expected to be registered in the Asia-Pacific region, owing to the expanding housing construction markets in China and India. The increase in construction activities in the country is likely to increase cement usage, thereby driving the demand for dolomite powder in the coming years.
- India is the second-largest producer of cement in the world. In FY2022, cement production in India is expected to increase by 12% year-on-year, driven by rural housing demand and the government's strong focus on infrastructure development. Moreover, several companies are expanding cement production capacity in the country. For instance, in June 2022, UltraTech Cement approved USD 1.65 billion capital expenditure to increase capacity by 22.6 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) through brownfield and greenfield projects.
- Overall, with the demand increasing from various end-user industries in the region, the Asia-Pacific market for dolomite powder is projected to dominate the global market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Dolomite Powder Industry Overview
The dolomite powder market is partially consolidated. The studied market's major players include Carmeuse, Imerys SA, Omya AG, Sibelco, and RHI Magnesita.
Dolomite Powder Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Dolomite Powder Market News
- Mar 2022: Omya acquired the distributor Prima Inter-Chem in Malaysia and Indonesia. The acquisition will help Omya strengthen its ingredients and specialty chemicals distribution in Asia-Pacific.
- Apr 2022: Blacktrace Holdings Ltd announced the launch of particle works, a spin-out of Dolomite Microfluidics. The official launch of the practical works took place at the LNP formulation and process development summit in Boston.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Application of Dolomite Powder in the Construction Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Demand as a Soil Fertilizer
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Hazardous Effects of Lead Contaminated Dolomite Dust
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.1.1 Calcium Dolomite
5.1.2 Magnesia Dolomite
5.2.1 Steel Making
5.2.7 Other Applications
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Arihant Min chem
6.4.2 Beihai Group
6.4.4 Imerys SA
6.4.5 JFE Mineral & Alloy Company Ltd
6.4.6 Lhoist Group
6.4.8 Minerals Technologies Inc.
6.4.9 Nordkalk Corporation
6.4.10 Omya AG
6.4.11 RHI Magnesita
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Technological Advancements in Dolomite Powder Applications
7.2 Dolomite Powder Application as Filler in Polymer Composites
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Dolomite Powder Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Dolomite Powder Market?
The Dolomite Powder Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.89% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Dolomite Powder Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018-2028.
Which region has largest share in Dolomite Powder Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Dolomite Powder Market?
Carmeuse, Imerys S.A., RHI Magnesita, Omya AG, Sibelco are the major companies operating in Dolomite Powder Market.
Dolomite Powder Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Dolomite Powder market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Dolomite Powder analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.