DDI (DNS, DHCP, & IPAM) Solutions Market Size
|Study Period:||2018- 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
DDI (DNS, DHCP, & IPAM) Solutions Market Analysis
The DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) solutions market is expected to register a CAGR of 11.4% over the forecast period. With the rise of the "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) trend, businesses are seeing an explosion of connected devices like smartphones, tablets, and card readers in the workplace. This will drive the market.
- Cloud and IoT adoption is propelling market growth. As IoT solutions begin to be deployed at a large scale, significant organizations face the impact of their partners' migration projects from traditional network architectures to IP-based networks, which include address assignment, management, and configuration automation. To cope effectively, automation using DNS-DHCP-IP Address Management (DDI) will become vital with the growth in demand.
- Further, increasing concern about data security and privacy is also driving the market. By implementing a highly secure DNS system to act as a gatekeeper, organizations can help ensure data confidentiality, as advanced DNS security features are able to detect and block suspicious activity. Moreover, enterprises recognize the need for and importance of protecting DNS, owing to the large number of DNS tunneling and DDoS attacks. Such trends indicate the vendors' scope to pitch their advanced DDI solutions in nations with a high IT infrastructure presence, thus contributing to market revenues during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, various key market players are involved in product launches and innovations. For instance, in November last year, EfficientIP, the DDI security and automation specialist (DNS, DHCP, IPAM), announced the introduction of its Cloud Observer and Network Object Manager. The latest version of its DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) solution, SOLIDserver 8.2, introduces these new products to assist organizations in consolidating and tracking their multi-cloud environments to allow automation and provide customers agility as well as operational efficiency.
- But managing and keeping an eye on IP services are not important to the business right away, and the complexity of IP infrastructure makes it hard for the market to grow.
- The COVID-19 epidemic caused a spike in the ecosystem of connected devices, and DDI proved its worth in this rising connected industry. The necessity for effective DDI solutions and services was fueled by the fact that almost all entities that allow remote workers require networks to be more resilient to operate correctly. As a result, the DDI industry was stimulated by the growth of IoT platforms. In the post-COVID-19 scenario, companies are speeding up their digital transformation activities, in particular, to meet the expectations of their employees, who need to be able to connect to an enterprise network, access resources, and apps from any location, etc., driving the market significantly.
DDI (DNS, DHCP, & IPAM) Solutions Industry Segmentation
The DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) solutions are an integration of the IP address plan data with the live actual data held in DNS and DHCP servers, which helps the firms quickly direct the diverse tasks connected with IP address management (IPAM). The market provides automation and centralized management features that can lead to more effective networks and reduce costs through applications such as network automation, data center transformation, etc.
The DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) Solutions Market is segmented by component (hardware, software), deployment (on-premises, cloud), end-user industry (manufacturing, retail, healthcare, life sciences, education, BFSI, IT & Telecom, government & defense), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa).
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|By End-user Industry|
|Healthcare and Life Sciences|
|IT & Telecom|
|Government & Defense|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle East & Africa|
DDI (DNS, DHCP, & IPAM) Solutions Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the DDI (DNS, DHCP, & IPAM) Solutions Market according to our research experts:
IPv6 Devices to Drive the Market Growth
- IPv6 is an evolutionary version of the Internet Protocol (IP) that is being reviewed by IETF standards committees to replace IPv4.IPv6 is designed to allow the Internet to grow steadily, both in terms of the number of hosts connected and the total amount of data traffic transmitted. DDI applications that manage IPv6 and dual-stacked environments ease the transition and make the administration of large, complex IP spaces easier, saving time and money.
- Organizations are faced with the problem of the existing IPv4 addressing system related to security, reliability, and duplication of IP addresses. For this reason, a company like Verizon Wireless proactively switched to IPv6 because, in the existing IPv4 network, there were more than 70 internal instances of the same private address space. The resulting network inefficiency costs the company a lot of time and money. Moreover, IPv6 is suitable for various IoT solutions. Many new, higher-level protocols have been developed that are useful for the IoT. If an IPv6 router is present, any IPv6-capable device can generate not only a local address but a globally routable address, allowing access to the wider Internet between the devices. 6LowPAN (wireless nets), COAP (transport with web services), and DTLS (secured datagrams) are well suited for the devices.
- As the number of devices connecting online continues to grow, the overall need for IP addresses is also growing. As a result, the Internet is currently migrating from IPv4 to the most recent version of the Internet Protocol, IPv6.In recent times, various key players have launched various IPv6-supported devices and solutions. For instance, in June 2022, KeyCDN declared that it fully supported IPv6. This new version of the Internet protocol has been automatically added to all its zones.
- Also, in May 2022, the LoRa Alliance, the global association of companies backing the open LoRaWAN standard for the Internet of Things (IoT) and low-power wide-area networks (LPWANs), declared that LoRaWAN seamlessly supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) from end-to-end. LoRaWAN's addressable IoT market is also expanded to include Internet-based standards required in various smart electricity metering and new applications in smart buildings, industries, logistics, and homes by extending the overall breadth of device-to-application solutions with IPv6.
- As per Cisco Systems, the forecast projects that by 2022, the total number of IPv6-capable devices in Latin America, a total of 803 million devices, would be able to support the newer Internet Protocol version. Hence, the rise in a large number of IPv6-capable devices in the region will assist the market in creating immense opportunities for the market to expand throughout the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Hold a Significant Market Share
- North America is a prominent market for DDI, owing to the high adoption of DDI solutions for secure network connectivity in the United States and Canada. Moreover, in the United States, the high consumption of IPv4 is impacting market growth positively. North America is thought to have some of the best technology and infrastructure in the world.
- The rise in BYOD is impacting the demand for mobile devices, indirectly fueling the need for more IP addresses. As a result, increasing mobile device adoption and workplace acceptance of BYOD are expected to drive demand for DDI solutions over the forecast period.
- As enterprises move toward SaaS and cloud-based applications, branch office networks must evolve their DDI infrastructure to provide an optimal end-user experience. Highly distributed organizations also need to rethink their network architecture to deal with the visibility, reliability, and management problems of their remote locations. This creates a huge growth opportunity for the entire market in the region.
- Moreover, the region has a strong foothold among DDI vendors, contributing to the market's growth. Some include Cisco Systems Inc., Infoblox Inc., EfficientIP, PC Network Inc., BlueCat Networks Inc., BT Global Services Limited, and many others. These players are very much involved in various product innovations and launches. For instance, in June 2022, BlueCat Networks, the Adaptive DNS company, declared its new channel-first, go-to-market strategy and additional channel program investments to maximize the overall adoption of DNS, DHCP, and IP address management, i.e., DDI solutions.
- As per GSMA Intelligence, by 2025, the overall number of consumer and industrial Internet of Things (IoT) connections in North America is forecast to grow to around 5.4 billion. During the forecast period, this will give the market a lot of good chances to grow and expand.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
DDI (DNS, DHCP, & IPAM) Solutions Industry Overview
The DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) solutions market is fragmented. Players in the market are taking steps to raise their market footprint by concentrating on product diversification and development towards smart DDI through cloud functionality. Some of the key players in the market are Cisco Systems Inc., Nokia Corporation, Infoblox Inc., Efficient IP SAS, and BT Global Services Limited, among others. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
In June 2022, AmiViz, the first enterprise B2B marketplace in the Middle East region, declared it had signed a new partnership with EfficientIP. AmiViz gives its channel partners in Egypt access to EfficientIP's best-in-class DNS, DHCP, and IP address management (DDI) solutions through its marketplace at www.amiviz.com, the mobile app, and the AmiViz web portal.
In March 2022, EfficientIP introduced the latest version of its DDI suite, SOLIDserver, which provides centralized DNS management and network security for various hybrid cloud infrastructures. SOLIDserver 8.1 has a lot of features that help customers become multi-cloud organizations at a time when agility and operational efficiency are very important.
DDI (DNS, DHCP, & IPAM) Solutions Market Leaders
Cisco Systems Inc.
Efficient IP SAS
BlueCat Networks Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
DDI (DNS, DHCP, & IPAM) Solutions Market News
- January 2023: EfficientIP, a DDI security and automation specialist (DNS, DHCP, IPAM), has declared the launch of its new DNS-based Data Exfiltration Application. The application is primarily designed as a hands-on web tool to allow organizations to securely conduct their own "ethical hack" on their DNS system and related security defenses to identify various crucial potential vulnerabilities in their network that could lead to a data breach.
- March 2022: EfficientIP, the French specialist in DDI automation (DNS, DHCP, IPAM) and security, has announced a pan-European partnership with the Nomios Group. The collaboration allows the firms to deliver EfficientIP’s DDI offering autonomously in Germany, Belgium, France, Poland, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
DDI (DNS, DHCP, & IPAM) Solutions Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Adoption of Cloud Computing and IoT
4.2.2 Increasing Concern About Security and Privacy of Data
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Limited Budgets and Low Investments owing to Complexities and Associated Risks.
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Component
6.2 By Deployment
6.3 By End-user Industry
6.3.3 Healthcare and Life Sciences
6.3.6 IT & Telecom
6.3.7 Government & Defense
6.3.8 Other End-user Industries
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Infoblox Inc.
7.1.2 Efficient IP SAS
7.1.3 BlueCat Networks Inc.
7.1.4 Men & Mice
7.1.5 Nokia Corporation
7.1.6 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.7 TCPWave Inc.
7.1.8 FusionLayer Inc.
7.1.9 6connect Inc.
7.1.10 BT Global Services Limited
7.1.11 PC Network Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
DDI (DNS, DHCP, & IPAM) Solutions Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) Solutions Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) Solutions Market?
The DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) Solutions Market is growing at a CAGR of 11.4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) Solutions Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018- 2028.
Which region has largest share in DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) Solutions Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) Solutions Market?
Cisco Systems Inc., Nokia Corporation, Infoblox Inc., Efficient IP SAS, BlueCat Networks Inc. are the major companies operating in DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM) Solutions Market.
DDI Solutions Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 DDI Solutions market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. DDI Solutions analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.