- Since December 2010, the Thai government has been intensifying the inspection standards of vegetable produce and the main focus has been to adhere the internationally accepted Global Maximum Residue Level (MRLs) for pesticides content.
- In August 2010, the government imposed restrictions on a number of pesticide products, which can be produced by a manufacturer under one brand in Thailand.
- The rapid increase of pesticide use in Thailand may be accounted for an increase in cash crops. Most pesticide-intensive crops, vegetables and fruits, in Thailand, are the highest cash value added crops. As farmers have gradually switched from low value-added to high value-added crop production, the overall consumption rate of pesticides has naturally increased.
Favorable tax policy of Thai government, toward the growing market of agrochemical import, promotion of sustainable and integrated pest management techniques, and increased intensity of land use, are the major drivers for the market.
However, lack of infrastructure for R&D activities, maturing Thai market for rice, and anti-pesticides measures, along with the growing demand for food safety and quality, are the probable constraining factors.
The Thai crop protection chemicals market can be segmented, on the basis of product type, into synthetic pesticides and bio-pesticides. Based on application type, the market has been segmented into crop-based and non-crop-based.
The Thai pesticide market was valued at around USD 127.9 million in 2016 and is expected to register a CAGR of 8.07% during the forecast period.
Major companies in the sector include:
- Bayer Thai Co. Ltd.
- DuPont (Thailand) Ltd.
- ADAMA Thailand
- Dow Agro sciences
Recent Industry Insights
- Thailand has 26,000 registered pesticide products. During 2012-2016, Thailand registered 9,000 registration updates, and nearly 4,000 registrations remain on the queue of submission process.
- In 2011, DuPont opened its first innovation center in the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) region, which focuses on collaborative solutions for the food and agriculture, oil & gas, renewable energy, and construction industries.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Analysis for the Thai crop protection chemicals market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis, including market share analysis.
- Market overview and identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors, which affect the Thai crop protection chemicals market and are instrumental in changing the market scenario on the regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section, with profiles of major companies and their market share, along with an analysis of their current strategic interests and financial information and strategies, adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
The Report Holds Importance for the Following Stakeholders:
- Producers and manufacturers
- Agricultural input companies
- Enterprises operating in the industry
- Traders and stakeholders operating in the sector
- Investors/research institutions interested in the market
- Regulatory framework
- Trade analysis
- Trend analysis
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope and Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market/Technology Trends
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Demand for Pesticide from Farmers
4.1.2 Favorable Tax Policy of Thai Government, towards the Growing Market of Agrochemical Import
4.1.3 Promotion of Sustainable and Integrated Pest Management Techniques
4.1.4 Increased Intensity of Land Use leading to Increased Agrochemical Requirements
4.2.1 Growing Demand for Food Safety and Quality
4.2.2 Lack of Infrastructure for R&D Activities
4.2.3 Maturing Rice Market in Thailand and Anti-Pesticides Measures
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
4.3.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product
5.1.1 Synthetic Pesticides
188.8.131.52 Synthetic Insecticides
184.108.40.206 Synthetic Herbicides
220.127.116.11 Synthetic Fungicides
5.2 By Application
18.104.22.168 Grains & Cereals
22.214.171.124 Fruits & Vegetables
126.96.36.199 Turf and Ornamental Grass
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Bayer Thai Co. Ltd.
7.3 Du Pont (Thailand) Ltd.
7.4 Yara International
7.5 ADAMA Thailand
7.7 Dow Agrosciences
7.9 Arysta Lifescience (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
7.10 Sumitomo Chemical Thailand
7.11 Sahaikaset Agrochemicals Co. Ltd.
7.12 Sherwood Chemicals
7.13 AG-AGRO (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
7.14 Project Field Co. Ltd.
7.15 Sotus International Co,Ltd.