|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global coated steel market was estimated at 282.49 million ton in 2022, and is expected to record an estimated CAGR of 3.67% from 2022 to 2027 .
The high price volatility of raw materials are hindering the growth of the market. The unfavorable conditions occur due to the COVID-19 outbreak has impacted the market but it is expected to recover in the forecast period.
- The primary factor, driving the coated steel market is growing demand from the electrical and domestic appliance industry.
- The construction and building components application is expected to dominate the global coated steel market over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the coated steel market over the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
When a coating of organic or metallic compounds is applied to the steel surface to prevent corrosion, it is called coated steel. Coated steel is considered ideal and effective method for protecting steel from corrosive environments. The coated steel market is segmented by product type, application, and geography. By product type, the market is segmented into hot-dipped, electro galvanized, aluminized, galvannealed, and other product types. By application, the market is segmented into, automotive components, appliances, construction and building components, pipe and tubular, and other applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the coated steel market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of volume (Million tonnes).
|Other Product Types|
|Construction and Building Components|
|Pipe and Tubular|
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from the Construction and Building Components Application
- Coated steel finds various uses in the construction industry to create attractive and functional buildings that meet high environmental and quality requirements.
- The coated steel offers immense strength that makes it suitable for constructing buildings. In addition to this, coated steel possesses other characteristics, such as tensile, ductile, flexible, and cost-effective.
- The worldwide construction sector is predicted to reach USD 8 trillion by 2030, with countries such as India, China, and the United States driving the growth.
- North America and Europe are progressing in the construction sector. The country is also planning to develop a Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link Project, which includes the construction of an 18 km tunnel between Germany and Denmark. The project is estimated to attract an investment of about EUR 7.4 billion and is expected to be completed by 2028.
- Additionally, the construction sector in the Middle East and Africa region is expected to grow at the fastest pace in the upcoming years, as regional governments are investing in infrastructure projects.
- According to U.S. Census Bureau, total construction spending in January 2022 was estimated to be USD 1,677.2 billion on a seasonally adjusted yearly basis.
- Therefore, construction and building components application is expected to witness strong growth during the forecasted period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period, owing to increasing consumption from countries like China, India, and Japan.
- The companies in the region provide manufacturing and assembling services to companies in Germany, France, and the United States.
- In China, in February 2022, the government agencies have proposed an NTD 180 billion (USD 6.47 billion) infrastructure development plan, as per the National Development Council (NDC), which includes that the proposed budget for the fourth stage of the Forward-looking Infrastructure Development Program would be used from 2023-2024.
- Further, these companies are rapidly digitizing their business to achieve end-to-end integration of their operation. This is further encouraging the OEMs from Europe and North America to outsource their production to Asia-Pacific.
- India's FDI in the construction development sector (townships, construction development projects, housing, and built-up infrastructure) accounted for USD 26.16 billion, and construction (infrastructure) activities accounted for USD 25.95 billion between April 2000 and September 2021.
- Coated steel is used in coatings of electric vehicle batteries. The production of electric vehicles in India is supported by government subsidies and favorable policies supporting manufacturing practices. The electric vehicles market in the country is majorly driven by the 2-wheeler segment, which accounted for over 48% in 2021. According to the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH), 3,29,190 electric vehicles were sold in the country, representing an increase of 168% as compared with the sales in 2020.
- Thus owing to aforementioned factors, Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for coated steel during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global coated steel market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players include (in no particular order) NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION, PJSC MMK, JSW Steel, United States Steel, and ArcelorMittal among others.
- In November 2021, Wuppermann and Tata Steel have partnered together to expand their range of hot-rolled high-strength steels for chassis with good corrosion protection.
- In April 2021, Nippon Steel Corporation (Nippon Steel) will introduce ZAM®-EX, a highly corrosion-resistant coated steel sheet for global markets.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Electrical and Domestic Appliance Industry
4.1.2 Expanding Construction Industry
4.2.1 High Price Volatility of Raw Materials
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.2 Electro Galvanized
5.1.5 Other Product Types
5.2.1 Automotive Components
5.2.3 Construction and Building Components
5.2.4 Pipe and Tubular
5.2.5 Other Applications
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/ Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AM/NS INDIA
6.4.3 Baosteel Group
6.4.5 JFE Steel Corporation
6.4.7 KOBE STEEL LTD
6.4.8 NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION
6.4.10 Nucor Corporation
6.4.11 Posco Maharashtra Steel Pvt Ltd
6.4.12 PJSC MMK
6.4.13 Salzgitter Flachstahl GmbH
6.4.15 SSAB AB
6.4.16 Tata Steel
6.4.17 Thyssenkrupp AG
6.4.18 United States Steel
6.4.19 voestalpine Stahl GmbH
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Opportunities for Protected Steel in Anti-Corrosion Applications
7.2 Other Opportunities
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Coated Steel Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Coated Steel Market?
The Coated Steel Market is growing at a CAGR of <4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Coated Steel Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Coated Steel Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Coated Steel Market?
NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION , PJSC MMK, JSW Steel , United States Steel, ArcelorMittal are the major companies operating in Coated Steel Market.