China Crop Protection Chemicals Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
China Crop Protection Chemicals Market Analysis
The China crop protection chemicals market is projected to witness a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period.
- China is one of the major producers of active ingredients that form the base of formulated agrochemical products and the ready-made pesticides sold in many countries. The country is the leading producer and exporter of crop protection chemicals globally. Insecticides hold a major share in crop protection chemicals. A large population, small farm sizes, food security, and the need for high farm efficiency are the prime drivers of the market. China's government plans on planting areas of several crops to provide more area for rice and wheat to meet the domestic demand and reduce the import of grains, which will further give a boost to the market.
- Bio-based crop protection chemicals are witnessing high growth in the country due to a decline in the use of pesticides and synthetic chemicals and a government initiative. For instance, The Ministry of Agriculture led the 'Zero Growth Policy of Pesticides and Fertilizers by 2020' in 2015 to phase out the use of synthetic pesticides and encourage the use of bio-based and organic products.
- Additionally, China is one of the largest exporters of agrochemical products to different countries and has many local and global level manufacturers such as BASF, Nutrichem Company Limited, Fuhua, and others.
China Crop Protection Chemicals Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the China Crop Protection Chemicals Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Area Under Organic Production
- The overuse of chemical fertilizers and pesticides has been a rising concern in China, which led the government to intervene in maintaining agricultural sustainability and the health of the ecological environment. Due to the high usage of chemicals on agricultural crops, the Chinese government had a 'zero-growth policy' to reduce the use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers by 2020 while pushing toward the green development of its agricultural sector.
- Owing to this, there has been a replacement in the use of high toxicity and high residue pesticides with low toxicity and low residue pesticides, such as organic pesticides and biopesticides.
- Furthermore, the area under organic production has witnessed a growth of about 25% during 2019-2021 and reached 2.5 million hectares in 2022. This increasing area leads to higher demand for bio-based products. Therefore, China's registration of biopesticides is rising continuously, especially the registration of microbial pesticides.
- Owing to an increased focus on environmental sustainability while maintaining crop output and increasing organic cultivation area, the demand for bio-insecticides in the country is expected to increase during the forecasted period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Insecticide Segment Dominates the Market
- Insecticides constitute the major share of pesticides' revenue. The insecticide segment holds a significant share of the pesticide market. Insecticides are the most common pesticides registered for use on cotton. Among them, phoxim has the largest number of registered active ingredients, followed by cypermethrin and beta-cypermethrin.
- Abamectin is the most widely used biological insecticide to protect cereals, soybean, cotton, fruits and vegetables, and even ornamentals from serious insect infestations. These insecticides are majorly targeted to control pests such as cotton bollworms, aphids, cabbage caterpillars, diamondback moths, and red spider mites.
- With the increasing concern over the infestation of these pests, companies are continuously developing new active ingredients to prevent crop damage from pests. For instance, in December 2020, Bayer Crop Science China launched its new generation patented insecticideTetraniliprole under its trade name Vayego in Guangzhou, China.
China Crop Protection Chemicals Industry Overview
China's crop protection chemical market is a fragmented market. Companies such as Syngenta, Bayer Crop Science, BASF, and UPL have expanded their presence in China by enhancing pesticide production and through increased focus on strategic moves such as mergers and acquisitions to have a strong foothold in the Chinese market, but local manufacturing companies are still the major players in the China crop protection chemicals market include Nutrichem Company Limited, Shandong Weifang Rainbow Chemical Company Limited, Zhejiang Wynca Chemical Industry Group Co. Ltd, Sichuan Leshan Fuhua Tongda Agrochemical Technology Co. Ltd.
China Crop Protection Chemicals Market Leaders
Sichuan Leshan Fuhua Tongda Agro-chemical Technology Co., Ltd
Shandong Weifang Rainbow Chemical Co., Ltd
Nutrichem Company Limited
Zhejiang Xinan Chemical Industrial Group Co., Ltd
Jiangsu Huifeng Bio Agriculture Co., Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
China Crop Protection Chemicals Market News
- July 2022: Fuhua Tongda invested about USD 320 million in establishing a new manufacturing plant for the expansion of a glufosinate production capacity of 20,000 metric tons.
- June 2021: Nutrichem company and Wynca signed a partnership agreement to strengthen agrochemical product offerings, including crop protection chemicals.
- May 2021: ADAMA acquired a 51% stake in Shanghai Dibai Plant Protection Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Huifeng focused on selling and distributing key formulated crop protection products in China. This transaction will significantly bolster ADAMA's commercial position and offering in this key and growing crop protection market.
China Crop Protection Chemicals Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 Product Type
5.2.4 Other Product Types
5.3 Crop Type
5.3.1 Grains and Cereals
5.3.2 Pulses and Oilseeds
5.3.3 Commercial Crops
5.3.4 Fruits and Vegetables
5.3.5 Other Crop Types
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Competitor Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Nutrichem Company Limited
6.3.2 Shandong Weifang Rainbow Chemical Co. Ltd
6.3.3 Sichuan Leshan Fuhua Tongda Agro-chemical Technology Co. Ltd
6.3.4 Nanjing Red Sun Co. Ltd
6.3.5 Jiangsu Yangnong Chemical Co. Ltd
6.3.6 Jiangsu Huifeng Bio Agriculture Co. Ltd
6.3.7 Zhejiang Xinan Chemical Industrial Group Co. Ltd
6.3.8 Sinochem Crop Protection Co. Ltd
6.3.9 Syngenta Nantong Crop Protection Co. Ltd
6.3.10 Bayer China Ltd
6.3.11 BASF SE
6.3.12 Corteva Agriscience
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
China Crop Protection Chemicals Market Research FAQs
What is the current China Crop Protection Chemicals Market size?
The China Crop Protection Chemicals Market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in China Crop Protection Chemicals Market?
Sichuan Leshan Fuhua Tongda Agro-chemical Technology Co., Ltd, Shandong Weifang Rainbow Chemical Co., Ltd, Nutrichem Company Limited, Zhejiang Xinan Chemical Industrial Group Co., Ltd and Jiangsu Huifeng Bio Agriculture Co., Ltd are the major companies operating in the China Crop Protection Chemicals Market.
China Crop Protection Chemicals Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 China Crop Protection Chemicals market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. China Crop Protection Chemicals analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.