Chile’s hair care market is worth USD XXX.X million and is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX.XX% by 2022 to be worth USD XXX.X million.
Chile Hair Care Market-Market Dynamics
Chile, a strategic Latin American country, continues to exhibit growth in the hair care market while saturated markets like North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific show very slow growth. The Latin American (including Chilean) hair care market showed high growth even in the shampoo and conditioner categories. Chile’s shampoo and conditioner market exhibited a growth of almost 10% over the last half decade.
Some of the factors driving the market include:
- High demand for hair care products for hair color or care
- Inclination to spend in salons
- Large hair care segmentation on the basis of hair types across the geography
- Increasing purchasing power
- Increasingly aging population
Slow economic growth, preference for natural products, and the rising cost of products represent key challenges in the hair care market. American brands riding the growth wave with their organic products, an evolution that Chile hair care product manufacturers have not been able to make, have reduced the hair care market share of domestic players.
The most important trend in Chile is that of preferring natural and organic products in both essential categories (shampoo and conditioner), as well as styling and coloring categories (serums, gels, sprays, hair colors, etc.). This is because of an increasing incidence of hair and scalp related issues that are pervasive in Chile and globally. An increase in factors like pollution, sun damage, scalp issues, hair thinning and loss has resulted in an increased focus on categories offering benefits of maintaining the health of hair including hair thickness, faster regrowth, damage repair, deep nourishment, and other such categories.
Another trend in hair styling and hair coloring product categories will be the inclusion of natural ingredient-based products that minimize hair damage and contain properties that promote hair health. Awareness about product ingredients and their functions and other all-natural products (DIY as well as new all-natural retail hair care formulations) will be promoted by an increase in usage of social media through beauty blogs and other media. Furthermore, customers are going for premium items or mass market purchases. The newest global innovation of “masstige” market is pervasive in this market as well.
Chile was one of the markets where product innovators also looked for ways to make hair cleaner for a longer period of time given the temperature of the area around the year. Furthermore, for an aging population, anti-aging products also started making the rounds, an example being Pantene Anti-Aging.
Some of the key players mentioned in the report include:
- Avon Products Inc.
- L'Oreal SA
- Procter & Gamble Co.
- Revlon Inc.
- Unilever Group
What the Report Offers
- Market analysis for Chile’s hair care market, with country-specific assessments
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect Chile’s hair care market on a regional scale
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 Force Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4.4 Industry Policies
5. Market Dynamics
6. Chile Hair Care Market Segmentation (Size, Trends, and Forecast)
6.1 By Products
6.1.2 Hair Spray
6.1.4 Styling Gel
6.1.5 Hair Oil
6.1.7 Others (Serums, Glazes, Root Touch Up Products, and Accessories)
6.2 By Distribution Channel
6.2.1 Internet Retailing (E-Commerce)
6.2.2 Hypermarkets (Large-Scale Retail Stores)
6.2.3 Specialty Stores
6.2.6 Departmental Stores (Small-Scale Retail Stores)
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, and Recent Developments)
7.1 Shiseido Co. Ltd.
7.2 Unilever Group
7.3 Procter & Gamble Co.
7.4 Kao Corporation
7.5 L'Oreal SA
7.6 Avon Products Inc.
7.7 CavinKare Co.
7.8 Oriflame Cosmetics SA
7.9 Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
7.10 Revlon Inc.
8. Investment Analysis
8.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
8.2 Investment Outlook
9. Future of Chile Hair Care Market