The hair care and color market in Canada is worth USD XX.XX billion in 2017, growing at a modest CAGR of X.XX% during the forecast period. The chemical treatment sector has slowed down to give way to hair strengthening products like conditioners. Shampoos continue to hold the largest market share but registered very low growth of XX% by volume. Conditioners and other relaxants will register high growth.
Furthermore, the men’s hair care category is projected to be growing at a CAGR of X.XX%. The ethnic hair care market, including hair care types for different minorities, has increased based on the demand for these and a highly diversified ethnic background in Canada.
Canada Hair Care Market-Market Dynamics
The larger trends in the Canadian hair care market include an increased focus on hair health and well-being. Canada’s hair care market is diversified and is currently the hotbed for a number of new hair care innovations, in partnership with its US market sectors. The high growth is being driven by minorities hair care, using the most popular DIY procedures as cues to launch easy-to-do hair care packs. With similar disposable incomes and market scenario, Canada’s hair care market can be said to reflect the trends of the US hair care market. In fact, market segmentation in the Canadian hair care market mirrors that of the US hair care market to the very nuances and upcoming trends, including that of an upcoming ethnic hair care market segment.
The major drivers of the market are:
- Aging population looking for progressively healthy alternatives to the existing mainstream hair care products
- Natural ingredients and DIY hair care and packs
- Men’s hair care exhibiting high growth
- E-commerce coming up as a distribution channel
Some of the factors restraining the market include:
- Highly competitive scenario in mature market
- Decreasing purchasing power over time
- Hair care appliances and DIY kits are high growth segments, leading to reduced purchase of hair styling products
Some of the key players mentioned in the report include:
- Avon Products Inc.
- L'Oreal SA
- Procter & Gamble Co.
- Revlon Inc.
- Unilever Group
What the Report Offers
- Market analysis for Canada’s hair care market, with country-specific assessments
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect Canada’s hair care market on a regional scale
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's 5 Force Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4.4 Industry Policies
5. Market Dynamics
6. Canada Hair Care Market Segmentation (Size, Trends, and Forecast)
6.1 By Products
6.1.2 Hair Spray
6.1.4 Styling Gel
6.1.5 Hair Oil
6.1.7 Others (Serums, Glazes, Root Touch Up Products, and Accessories)
6.2 By Distribution Channel
6.2.1 Internet Retailing (E-Commerce)
6.2.2 Hypermarkets (Large-Scale Retail Stores)
6.2.3 Specialty Stores
6.2.6 Departmental Stores (Small-Scale Retail Stores)
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, and Recent Developments)
7.1 Johnson & Johnson Inc.
7.2 Unilever Group
7.3 Amway Corporation
7.4 Procter & Gamble Co.
7.5 Revlon Inc.
7.6 Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
7.7 Combe Inc.
7.8 Avon Products Inc.
7.9 Conair Corporation (Scunci International Inc.)
7.10 Goody Products Inc.
7.11 Church & Dwight Co. Inc.
7.12 Cadiveu Professional USA
7.13 Neutrogena Corporation
8. Investment Analysis
8.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
8.2 Investment Outlook
9. Future of Canada Hair Care Market