|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The calcium stearate market is projected to register a CAGR of over 5.5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The calcium stearate market was negatively impacted due to the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020. COVID-19 exposed several challenges for various industries. The world apparently moved into lockdown to curb the transmission of the COVID-19 virus. The uncertainty and constraints hindered markets. Additionally, the pandemic leads to decreased investment and leads to postponing ongoing projects in all the countries worldwide. With manufacturing activities being halted across the world, the demand for plastic, including PVC, was impacted by almost all industries. However, the conditions are expected to recover in 2021, which will restore the market's growth trajectory.
- Over the mid-term, one of the major factors driving the market studied is the increasing demand for PVC and other plastics.
- The shift toward magnesium stearate is likely to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption coming from countries such as India and China.
Scope of the Report
A carboxylate of calcium salt is said to be calcium stearate, and it is used as a component of some lubricants, surfactants. The calcium stearate market is segmented into end-user industry and geography. The market is segmented by end-user industries comprising plastic and rubber, construction, personal care and pharmaceutical, paper, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size of and forecasts for the calcium stearate market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Plastic and Rubber Industry|
|Personal Care and Pharmaceutical Industry|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Construction
- Calcium stearate is widely used as a waterproofing agent and also to prevent efflorescence in the construction industry. It is mixed with concrete and used in construction activities such as buildings, floors, and prefabrication industries. It is used in powder form in mortars and putties and emulsion forms for prefabricated systems.
- The construction sector has witnessed strong growth in regions like Asia-Pacific, North America, and Europe till 2019. In early 2020, the construction industry has observed a decline due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation coupled with the lockdown in major countries of the North America, Europe, and APAC regions. However, the situation is expected to dilute in 2021, and hence, the construction projects are anticipated to pick up pace in 2021.
- Moreover, in 2021, the governments of various countries like China, India, the United States, etc., are expected to increase the workforce to substantiate the projects that are put on hold in 2020. This, in turn, is expected to drive the market in the construction segment.
- Additionally, the increasing presence of foreign companies in the Asia-Pacific region has created a demand for the construction of new offices, buildings, production houses, etc., thereby driving the growth of the construction sector in the region.
- The building and construction industries in ASEAN countries and India represent the fastest-growing markets, and they are anticipated to account for a major share in the global construction market. Countries like Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and India have been witnessing robust growth in construction activities in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Across the region, the prices of conventional residential properties increased beyond the reach of the working-class population. Hence, the governments of various countries came up with various policy initiatives in order to open up the market for the large-scale construction of affordable houses.
- Moreover, the construction sector in North America witnessed significant growth in the past few years. In the United States, the construction industry value has been on a constantly rising path between 2014 and 2018, despite witnessing a slight contraction in 2019. According to the US Census Bureau, the total residential housing units authorized by building permits in March were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,353,000, representing 5% growth over the March 2019 rate of 1,288,000.
- According to the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), residential house construction jumped by 10% across 2020, with 1 million new homes expected to hit the market by the end of 2021. Even though the US construction sector was declining in 2020, the industry is expected to start recover, thereby increasing the demand in the market during the forecast period.
- In the Middle East, several booming commercial construction activities, owing to various government initiatives, such as Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 and the United Arab Emirates’ Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, are driving the market studied. Construction projects in Saudi Arabia, such as Qiddiya, SharaanResort at Al-Ula, Al Widyan, King FahadMedical City Expansion Project, and King Abdullah Bin AbdulazizMedical Complexes, indicated positive influence on the market growth.
- However, lockdown measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 have immensely affected the manufacturers and led them to cut down their production, as the pandemic has forced all construction activities to halt for several months, which, in turn, may have a negative impact on the growth of the market in the short term.
- Such factors are likely to impact the market for calcium stearate in the construction industry during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share. China is one of the lucrative markets for calcium stearate due to the availability of low-cost raw materials and labor.
- For roughly three decades, China’s booming economy has offered consumer product companies some of the world’s greatest growth opportunities. Attracted by the huge potential of the Chinese consumer goods market, many foreign companies have entered China and set up production units. With the growth of consumer goods production, plastics consumption is expected to increase, thus boosting the market studied.
- India is expected to become the world’s third-largest construction market by 2022. The availability of affordable housing in the country is expected to rise by around 70% by 2024. By 2022, India is expected to contribute about USD 640 billion in the construction industry owing to government initiatives in infrastructure development and affordable housing such as housing to all, smart city plans, etc. Despite the slowdown due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the potential growth in construction activities in India is projected to support the growth of calcium stearate over the forecast period.
- Moreover, the Indian government has been actively boosting housing construction, as it aims to provide a home to about 1.3 billion people in the near future. The country is likely to witness around USD 1.3 trillion of investment in housing over the next seven years and is likely to witness the construction of 60 million new homes in the country.
- India is the third-largest pharmaceuticals in terms of volume and thirteenth most significant in terms of value as it has a large raw material base and availability of a skilled workforce. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation, India's pharmaceutical export stood at USD 19.13 billion in 2018-2019, reached USD 13.69 billion in 2019-2020 (till January 2020), and it is estimated to grow by 30% to reach USD 20 billion by the end of 2020.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the demand for calcium stearate from various applications in plastics, construction, pharmaceuticals, and others over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The calcium stearate market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Seoul Fine Chemical, BELIKE, Mittal Dhatu Rashayan Udyog, FACI SPA, and Baerlocher GmbH, among others.
- In February 2019, Baerlocher, one of the leading global manufacturers of additives for the plastics industry, invested USD 30 million in its Indian subsidiary, doubling its existing capacity by 2021. Metal stearates’ production is further expanded due to the investment done by the company.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for PVC and Other Plastics
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Shift Toward Magnesium Stearate
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to the COVID-19 Impact
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End-user Industry
5.1.1 Plastic and Rubber Industry
5.1.2 Construction Industry
5.1.3 Personal Care and Pharmaceutical Industry
5.1.4 Paper Industry
5.1.5 Other End-user Industries
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Baerlocher GmbH
6.4.2 Barium & Chemicals Inc.
6.4.4 Corporación Sierra Madre
6.4.5 DOVER CHEMICAL CORPORATION
6.4.6 FACI SPA
6.4.7 Hummel Croton Inc.
6.4.8 Hunan Shaoyang Tiantang Additives Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.10 Mittal Dhatu Rashayan Udyog
6.4.11 Nantong Xinbang Chemical Technology Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.12 Norac Additives LLC
6.4.13 Peter Greven GmbH & Co. KG
6.4.14 PMC Biogenix Inc.
6.4.15 Seoul Fine Chemical
6.4.16 Sun Ace Kakoh (Pte) Ltd
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Calcium Stearate Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Calcium Stearate Market?
The Calcium Stearate Market is growing at a CAGR of >5.5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Calcium Stearate Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Calcium Stearate Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Calcium Stearate Market?
BELIKE, Mittal Dhatu Rashayan Udyog, FACI SPA , Seoul Fine Chemical, Baerlocher GmbH are the major companies operating in Calcium Stearate Market.