|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Bovine-based Collagen for Biomedical Applications market studied was projected to grow with a CAGR of nearly 9.7% over the forecast period. The major factor attributing to the growth of the market is the increasing demand for bovine-based collagen in biomedical applications to treat various medical conditions like arthritis, osteoporosis and improving skin health. Furthermore, the increasing demand for dental, orthopedic surgeries for reconstruction, and rise in research and development of wound healing and regenerative medicines is boosting the market growth. However, the high risk of disease transmission is the major drawback of market growth.
Scope of the Report
As per the scope of the report, bovine collagen is the type of protein abundantly present in connective tissue, bones, and cartilage of cows. It is used widely in biomedical applications such as in cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, cardiology, and scientific study. This report is segmented by Application and Geography.
|Bone Graft Substitutes|
|Rest of World|
Key Market Trends
Bone-graft Substitute Segment Accounted for a Dominant Share of the Market
- A bone substitute can be defined as a synthetic, inorganic or biologically organic combination which can be inserted for the treatment of a bone defect instead of autogenous or allogenous bone. Bone is mainly made of collagen and carbonate substituted hydroxyapatite. An implant manufactured from such components is likely to behave better. The ductile properties of collagen help to increase the poor fracture toughness of hydroxyapatites.
- The factors boosting the segment growth are increasing prevalence of bone related diseases like osteoporosis and arthritis. According to International Osteoporosis Foundation, in 2018 it is estimated that over 200 million people globally suffer from osteoporosis. Approximately 30% of all postmenopausal women have osteoporosis in the United States and in Europe. Aging of populations worldwide will be responsible for a major increase in the incidence of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and indirectly boosting the market growth.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Dominates the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America is expected to dominate the overall market, throughout the forecast period. The market growth is due to the factors such as the presence of key players, high prevalence of bone-related diseases in the region, established healthcare infrastructure are some of the key factors accountable for its large share in the market. Furthermore, beneficial government initiatives and an increase in the number of research partnerships are some of the drivers expected to increase the market growth. In this region the United States has the maximum share due to supportive healthcare policies, the high number of patients, and a developed healthcare market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Bovine-based Collagen for Biomedical Applications market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. Some of the companies which are currently dominating the market are BBI Solutions, Symatese, Rousselot , FOODMATE CO., LTD., Botiss biomaterials GmbH, Medtronic, Taxus Cardium, KYERON, Collagen Matrix, Inc.
- In October 2020, Rousselot and Giusto Faravelli made a distribution partnership in Italy. Under the partnership, Faravelli will distribute across Italy the pharmaceutical and food gelatins produced by Rousselot Functional Ingredients.
- In November 2020, Botiss Biomaterials received products approval for cerabone in Argentina, India, and Philippines.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Demand for Bovine-Based Collagen to Treat Various Disease
4.2.2 Increasing demand for dental, orthopedic surgeries
4.2.3 Ongoing R&D for the Development of Wound Healing & Regenerative Medicines
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Risk of Disease Transmission
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Bone Graft Substitutes
5.1.2 Collagen-based Scaffolds
5.1.4 Skin Substitutes
5.1.5 Cartilage Repairs
5.2.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 Rest of World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.2 Darling Ingredients Inc. (Rousselot)
6.1.3 Foodmate Co. Ltd
6.1.4 Botiss Biomaterials GmbH
6.1.5 Medtronic PLC
6.1.7 Collagen Matrix Inc.
6.1.8 Collagen Solutions PLC
6.1.9 Titan Biotech
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Bovine-based Collagen for Biomedical Applications Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Bovine-based Collagen for Biomedical Applications Market?
The Bovine-based Collagen for Biomedical Applications Market is growing at a CAGR of 9.7% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Bovine-based Collagen for Biomedical Applications Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Bovine-based Collagen for Biomedical Applications Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Bovine-based Collagen for Biomedical Applications Market?
BBI Solutions, Symatese, Rousselot, FOODMATE CO., LTD., Botiss biomaterials GmbH are the major companies operating in Bovine-based Collagen for Biomedical Applications Market.