The global biometric scan software market is expected to register a CAGR of 10.48% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). Currently, most organizations are forced to be content with existing security mechanisms and the recent increase in the number of cyber security issues and password breaches are posing serious concerns, eventually causing huge monetary and resource losses. The growth in the study of biometrics has instigated better security authentication technology when compared to other security methods. The growing need for stringent security regulations in many sectors of the society has generated tremendous interest in biometrics, which has raised the expectations from biometric scanning technologies. Petty thefts, bank robberies, stealing motor vehicles, electronic thefts, such as identity thefts, are accelerating at different levels and emerging as nightmares to the contemporary global security environment. These dynamics are expected to boost the market for the biometric scan software over the forecast period.
Integration of Biometrics in Smartphones is Rising the Demand
The meteoric rise in demand for smartphones is widely considered one of the primary drivers for the growth of biometric scan software market. Companies, like 3M, NEC, and M2SYS, among others, are offering biometric scan software solutions in mobile gadgets. Failing to safeguard information in these digital assets has resulted in financial losses and irreparable damage critical information in the device. Recent government policies in countries, like India and China, are encouraging people to move away from printed currency notes and coins to mobile app-based monetary transactions. These policies offer promising prospects for biometric security applications, thus boosting the biometric scan software market over the forecast period. The advent of mobile applications, for financial transactions, has created a robust demand for biometric authentication in mobile gadgets. The United Kingdom has been the most prominent market for biometrics in the payments industry, where fingerprint authentication and iris scanning have been identified as the most preferred biometrics.
Healthcare Sector Expected to Dominate the Market Landscape
Biometrics in the healthcare industry is expected to drive technological transformation within the global biometric scan software market. Studies prove that biometric solutions in hospitals provide a secure access to information and meaningful cost saving through fraud reduction. Biometric scanning technologies are fuelling developments and improvements in the care delivery system in the healthcare sector. Moreover, incremental innovations in the field of communication have led to the use of IoT, thus improving the healthcare management system. These technologies are likely to fuel up the demand for security systems, like biometric scanners, over the forecast period.
North America to Dominate the Market
After the major watershed incident during 09/11, the US congress resolved to increase the security around the borders and inside the country. The amount of biometrics collected in the United States has seen an exponential growth over the past 12 years. Many investments were made by the US government in R&D activities to develop biometric identification systems and acquisitions of the companies offering the same. The department of homeland security has spent around USD 135 million on biometrics till present. Owing to the increasing security breaches, a number of biometrics has come into existence. The major driving factor behind the investments has been the continuous evolution and application of new technologies, to unlock enormous volumes that were previously considered non-commercial. With these series of investments, government, defense, and BFSI applications in North America is set to boom over the next five years.
Major Players: Bioenbale Technologies, Fujitsu Ltd, 3m Company, Honeywell International Inc, Nec Corporation, M2sys Inc., Suprema Inc., Siemens Ag, Image Ware Systems, Sic Biometrics Inc., Precise Biometrics Corp., Safran Ltd, Zk Software Solutions, And Apple Inc., amongst others.
Key Developments in the Market
- August 2017: Suprema’s BioSign mobile fingerprint authentication algorithm integrated with Samsung’s Galaxy J5 and Galaxy A7 smartphones. In collaboration with Egis technology, the company is integrating solutions to smartphone manufacturers.
- July 2017: NEC Corporation, in collaboration with the United States customs and border protection, initiated pilot test at Dulles International Airport, to recognize the components of frictionless biometric exit process.
- June 2017: Fujitsu launched high-security biometric authentication solution, Palm-Secure ID Login, to help organizations secure their networks against unauthorized access.
- May 2017: Gemalto acquired 3M’s identity management business, With this acquisition, Gemalto strategically integrated into its government programs, adding biometric technologies to secure documents.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of biometric scan software market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Technology Overview
6. Global Biometric Scan Software Segmentation
6.1 By Authentication solution
6.1.1 Single-factor Authentication
6.1.2 Multi-factor Authentication
6.2 By Product
6.2.1 Fingerprint Recognition Software
6.2.2 Face Recognition Software
6.2.3 Retinal Recognition Software
6.2.4 Voice and Speech Recognition Software
6.3 By Application
6.3.1 Government and Homeland Security
6.3.3 Consumer Electronics
6.3.5 Travel & Immigration
6.3.6 Military & Defense
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
7.1 BioEnbale Technologies
7.2 Fujitsu Ltd
7.3 3M Company
7.4 NEC Corp.
7.5 M2SYS Inc.
7.6 Suprema Inc.
7.7 Siemens AG
7.8 ImageWare Systems, Inc.
7.9 SIC Biometrics Inc.
7.10 Precise Biometrics Corp.
7.11 Safran Ltd
7.12 ZK Software Solutions
7.13 Apple Inc.
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Market