Bioceramics Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
|CAGR:||< 7 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Bioceramics Market Analysis
The bioceramics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 7% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The major factors driving the growth of the market are the growing demand for biocompatible materials, an increase in the aging population leading to an increase in spinal and ortho-biological surgeries, increasing usage in dental care, and increasing usage for replacing diseased hard tissues of the body. On the flip side, stringent clinical and regulatory processes are hampering the growth of the studied market.
- The orthopedics segment dominated the market and is likely to grow during the forecast period, with the growing income of the population and patient inclination towards curing health problems, including the aging population facing joint problems.
- The possible usage as a treatment for cancer and the development of new methods to produce customized nano-ceramics are likely to provide opportunities for the studied market during the forecast period.
- Europe dominates the market across the globe, where the growth of the studied market is driven by the growing demand for dental application, and increasing lifestyle-related chronic diseases are further driving the demand in the bioceramics market in the region.
Bioceramics Industry Segmentation
Bioceramics are biocompatible and are a subset of biomaterials. These are generally used in medical applications. These are made up of ceramic oxides or resorbable materials. The bioceramaics market is segmented by material, product type, application, and geography. By material, the market is segmented into aluminum oxide, zirconium oxide, calcium phosphate, calcium sulphate, carbon, and glass. By product type, the market is segmented into bio-inert, bio-active, and bio-resorbable. By application, the market is segmented into orthopedics, dental care, and bio-medical. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the bio-ceramics market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
Bioceramics Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Bioceramics Market according to our research experts:
The Orthopedics Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- The orthopedics segment dominates the demand for bioceramics across the globe, owing to its importance in replacing and repairing hip joints, knees, and other bones.
- Owing to their anti-microbial properties, resistance to acid and base solution, change in pH value, and high temperature, bioceramics are widely popular for use in orthopedic applications.
- In India, under the Union Budget 2021-22, the government outlaid USD 227.94 million for biotechnology research and development, which will give a major boost to the orthopedics segment.
- With the growth in the aging population, majorly in countries such as Japan, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Portugal, and others, joint and bone-related health problems have increased among the population. Technological advancement and growing income levels of the population have made it possible for such an aged population to replace and repair joints through surgery to facilitate comfort. This has been increasing the demand for bioceramics for orthopedic applications.
- Besides, cases of chronic diseases and accidents leading to fractures are also increasing the demand for bioceramics in the medical industry.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe to Dominate the Market
- Europe accounts for more than 40% of the global demand for bioceramics. With the growing age, the medical assistance need is increasing healthcare spending in countries such as Italy, Germany, Portugal, Finland, Greece, Sweden, France, Denmark, and others.
- The demand for bioceramics in such countries is driven by the growing treatments related to dental, bone, and other lifestyle-related chronic diseases.
- In Scotland, for children aged under 18, in 2020/21, the number of General Dentistry Surgery (GDS) courses of treatment given to children in Scotland was just over 113,000, a decrease of over 357,000 (75.9%) from 2019/20. This decrease is due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Similarly, for adults aged 18 and over, in 2020/21, the number of courses of treatment authorized was just over 966,000, a decrease of over 3 million (76.5%) from 2019/20.
- Besides Europe, North America stands to be the fastest-growing market for bioceramics owing to increasing healthcare spending at a noticeable rate, with increased health concerns among the population.
- Moreover, Europe and North American markets stand to be the leaders in the manufacturing of bioceramics used for hard tissue replacements. Companies in these regions are also engaged in continuous research and development activities in the field of healthcare, including research related to heart tissue replacement technologies and methods.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Bioceramics Industry Overview
The bioceramics market is a consolidated market, where few players account for a significant share of the market demand. Some of the major players in the market include (not in any particular order) CoorsTek Inc., Kyocera Corp., CeramTec, Morgan Advanced Materials, and DSM Company, among others.
Bioceramics Market Leaders
Morgan Advanced Materials
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Bioceramics Market News
- In January 2022, the Division of Bioceramics of the Biomedical Technology Wing, SCTIMST developed hydroxyapatite ceramics, novel bioactive glass, various bioactive composites and calcium phosphate based bone cements. It suggests the engagement in development of bone tissue and bone graft materials.
- In June 2021, Danaher acquired Aldevron for a cash price of approximately USD 9.6 billion. This will boost further developments in making life saving therapies and vaccines.
Bioceramics Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Usage in Dental Care
4.1.2 Increase in the Aging Population Leading to Increase in Spinal and Ortho-biological Surgeries
4.2.1 Stringent Clinical and Regulatory Processes
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Aluminum Oxide
5.1.2 Zirconium Oxide
5.1.3 Calcium Phosphate
5.1.4 Calcium Sulphate
5.3.2 Dental Care
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) **/Rank Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Amedica Corporation
6.4.2 Bonesupport AB
6.4.3 Cam Bioceramics BV
6.4.4 Carborundum Universal Ltd
6.4.6 Collagen Matrix
6.4.7 CoorsTek Inc.
6.4.9 Dentsply Sirona
6.4.10 Doceram Medical Ceramics GmbH
6.4.11 GNI Group Ltd
6.4.12 Ivoclar Vivadent
6.4.13 Jyoti Ceramic Industries Pvt. Ltd
6.4.14 Kyocera Corporation
6.4.15 Morgan Advanced Materials
6.4.17 DSM Company
6.4.18 Tosoh Corporation
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Possible Usage as Treatment for Cancer
7.2 Developing Methods to Produce Customized Nano-ceramics
Bioceramics Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Bioceramics Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Bioceramics Market?
The Bioceramics Market is growing at a CAGR of <7% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Bioceramics Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Bioceramics Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Bioceramics Market?
CoorsTek Inc., Kyocera Corp., CeramTec, Morgan Advanced Materials, DSM Company are the major companies operating in Bioceramics Market.
Bioceramics Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Bioceramics market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Bioceramics analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.