Ceramic Substrate Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 7.56 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 10.32 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||6.42 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Ceramic Substrate Market Analysis
The Cearmic Substrate Market size is expected to grow from USD 7.56 billion in 2023 to USD 10.32 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 6.42% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The ceramic substrate market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. However, post-COVID-19 pandemic, the industries are recovering fast and are estimated to rise in the coming years, which will stimulate the demand for the ceramic substrate market.
- The major factor driving the market studied are the increasing demand for ceramic substrates over metal and the rise in the adoption of ceramic substrates in electronics applications.
- The high cost associated with the use of ceramic substrate and prone to damage and need careful handling during assembly and testing is expected to act as a restraint for the ceramic substrate market during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand from the medical industry and emerging applications in the automotive industry is an opportunity for ceramic substrate market during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the increasing consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Ceramic Substrate Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Semiconductor Industry
- Ceramic substrate plays an important role in enabling developments in the semiconductor industry through their essential role in manufacturing.
- Semiconductor manufacturers use ceramic substrates such as alumina, beryllium oxide, and aluminum nitride. These materials are used in the semiconductor industry owing to their properties such as hard and resistant to wear, resistant to strong acid and alkali at high temperatures, good thermal conductivity, extremely high bulk resistivity, very low dielectric constant and loss tangent among others.
- The global semiconductor industry is growing at a healthy rate in recent times, owing to the demand for technologies such as autonomous driving, artificial intelligence, etc.
- According to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), in 2022, the worldwide sales of semiconductors reached to USD 574 billion which was increase by 3.3% compared to 2021 at USD 555.9 billion.
- According to World Semiconductor Trade Statistics (WSTS), In 2022, all geographical regions exhibited double-digit growth in trade of semiconductors. The Americas region has increased by 17.0%, Europe by 12.6%, and Japan by 10.0%. However, The growth of Asia-Pacific has declined by 2.0% in the same year.
- Therefore, the growing semiconductor industry is expected to boost the demand for ceramic substrates incoming years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to account for the largest market and is also forecasted to be the fastest-growing region for ceramic substrates during the forecast period.
- China is expected to become the largest market for electronics and semiconductor products over the coming years. According to the Industry, Science and Technology International Strategy Center (ISTI), the production value of Taiwan's semiconductor industry is anticipated to grow substantially, owing to the increasing demand for integrated circuit (IC) devices for artificial intelligence applications.
- The Chinese government has introduced the 'Made in China 2025' policy to increase the nation's self-sufficiency in integrated circuits production to 70% by 2025.
- According to Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), in 2022, China dominated the semiconductor market with sales of USD 180.4 billion which declined as compared to 2021 by 6.2%.
- According to India Electronics and Semiconductor Association, the semiconductor component market in the country is expected to be worth USD 32.35 billion by 2025, displaying a CAGR of 10.1%. In addition, the ongoing Make in India initiative by the government is expected to result in investments in the semiconductor industry in the country.
- Additionally, India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) signed a MoU with Singapore Semiconductor Industry Association (SSIA) to establish and develop trade and technical cooperation between the electronics and semiconductor industries of both the countries. This is expected to result in development of various break-through semiconductor manufacturing technologies that would further increase the scope for the consumption of ceramic substrate in semiconductor manufacturing in India.
- Japan currently has about 30 semiconductor fabrication industries, which are involved in manufacturing of various types of semiconductor chips. Japan's semiconductor supply chain provides one third of the world's semiconductor manufacturing equipment and more than half of the industry's materials.
- Furthermore, countries such as Philippines and South Korea have also been contributing to the growth of the market studied lately.
- The above mentioned factors are expected to further drive the demand for ceramic substrate market in Asia-Pacific over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Ceramic Substrate Industry Overview
The Global Ceramic Substrate market is partially consolidated with the presence of significant competitors in the market. The major companies in the market are Corning Incorporated, CoorsTek Inc. TOSHIBA MATERIALS Co. LTD., KYOCERA Corporation, and Yokowo co., ltd. among others.
Ceramic Substrate Market Leaders
Yokowo co., ltd.
TOSHIBA MATERIALS Co. LTD.,
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Ceramic Substrate Market News
- In May 2023, CeramTec launched Rubalit ZTA, a high-performance ceramic substrate that owns beneficial properties such as superior thermal conductivity flexural strength, and high electric insulation. Zirconia Toughened Alumina (ZTA) can be used in power generation and electromobility.
- In May 2022, CeramTec presented the novel high-performance substrate AIN HP at a trade fair in Nuremberg - PCIM Europe 2022. Aluminum nitride (AIN) possesses superior thermal conductivity and is suitable to use in rail vehicle converters for power converters.
Ceramic Substrate Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Ceramic Substrates Over Metal
4.1.2 Rise in the Adoption of Ceramic Substrates in Electronics Application
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 High Cost Associated with the Use of Ceramic Substrate
4.2.2 Prone to Damage and Need Careful Handling During Assembly and Testing
4.2.3 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Raw Material Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.2 Aluminum Nitride
5.1.3 Silicon Nitride
5.1.4 Beryllium Oxide
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Consumer Electronics
5.2.2 Aerospace & Defense
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 CeramTec GmbH
6.4.2 CoorsTek Inc.
6.4.3 Corning Incorporated
6.4.4 ICP TECHNOLOGY Co.,LTD
6.4.5 KOA Speer Electronics INC.
6.4.6 KYOCERA Corporation
6.4.7 LEATEC Fine Ceramics Co,.Ltd.
6.4.8 MARUWA Co., Ltd.
6.4.10 NIPPON CARBIDE INDUSTRIES CO.,INC.
6.4.11 Niterra Co., Ltd.
6.4.12 Ortech Advanced Ceramics
6.4.13 TOSHIBA MATERIALS Co. LTD.,
6.4.14 TTM Technologies Inc.
6.4.15 Yokowo co., ltd.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Demand From Medical Industry
7.2 Emerging Applications in Automotive Industry
Ceramic Substrate Market Research FAQs
How big is the Ceramic Substrate Market?
The Ceramic Substrate Market size is expected to reach USD 7.56 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 6.42% to reach USD 10.32 billion by 2028.
What is the current Ceramic Substrate Market size?
In 2023, the Ceramic Substrate Market size is expected to reach USD 7.56 billion.
Who are the key players in Ceramic Substrate Market?
Corning Incorporated, CoorsTek Inc., Yokowo co., ltd., KYOCERA Corporation and TOSHIBA MATERIALS Co. LTD., are the major companies operating in the Ceramic Substrate Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Ceramic Substrate Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Ceramic Substrate Market?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Ceramic Substrate Market.
Ceramic Substrate Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Ceramic Substrate market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Ceramic Substrate analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.