|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The bio-based propylene market reached a volume of about 19,500 kiloton in 2021. The market is expected to record an estimated CAGR of over 20% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The impact of COVID-19 has been negative, but the market is expected to register steady growth during the forecast period.
- The major factors driving the market are the rising environmental concerns regarding the usage of conventional plastics and the increasing replacement of fossil-based feedstock with renewable materials.
- On the flip side, the high cost of bio-based materials is hindering the market’s growth.
- Increasing incentives by the governments promoting the usage of bio-based materials are expected to provide new opportunities for the market.
Scope of the Report
Bio-based polymers are progressively replacing traditional plastics. The bio-based polypropylene market report is segmented by application and geography. The report also covers the market size and forecast for the market in 11 countries across major regions. The report offers market size and forecast for bio-based polypropylene in terms of revenue (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Rest of the World|
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Injection Molding Application Segment
- Due to its high melting point, good fatigue properties, heat, and chemical resistivity, bio-based polypropylene is used in various injection molding applications in packaging, automotive, electronics, and medical industries. It is also eco-friendly.
- The demand for bio-based polypropylene in packaging applications, such as wrapping organic food and premium and branded products with particular requirements, has been rising steadily.
- Moreover, governments worldwide have been promoting bioplastics packaging in the context of various policies for innovation, resource efficiency, and climate change.
- According to the injection mold specialist SFA Packaging, from Middelharnis, at present, the majority of the foods come in an injection mold packaging made of polypropylene.
- Owing to environmental concerns, an increasing number of consumers and manufacturers are preferring eco-friendly packaging options.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe to Dominate the Market
- Europe holds a strong position as a major hub for the bio-based polypropylene industry, with about 50% of the market share. It ranks high in R&D in this industry.
- Government regulations in most European countries regarding the usage of bio-degradable plastics, including bio-based polypropylene, have been stringent. The government is continuously pushing the usage of eco-friendly products.
- Bio-based polypropylenes are majorly used in the packaging industry. Europe is one of the leading consumers in the packaging industry and has been developing various packaging segments.
- Additionally, the popularity of the e-commerce segment and the growing retail market have given a huge growth opportunity to the bio-based polypropylene market in the region through the years.
- Overall, such factors are expected to drive the market for bio-based polypropylene in Europe in the coming years.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The bio-based polypropylene market is partially consolidated, with the major players dominating a significant portion of the market. Some of the companies operating in the market (in no particular order) are Borealis AG, Braskem, Mitsui Chemicals Inc., SABIC, and LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV.
- In June 2021, SABIC announced that Delica AG would be introducing a new range of more sustainable coffee capsules based on SABIC’s certified renewable polymers for use in its proprietary Delizio capsule machines.
- In June 2021, Neste, Mitsui Chemicals, and Toyota Tsusho collaborated to start Japan’s first production of renewable plastics, like polypropylene, from 100% bio-based hydrocarbon.
- In June 2021, LyondellBasell and Neste agreed on a long-term commercial relationship to make polymers and chemicals from renewable feedstock.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Environmental Concerns Regarding the Usage of Conventional Plastics
4.1.2 Increasing Replacement of Fossil-based Feedstock with Renewable Materials
4.2.1 High Cost of Bio-based Materials
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Injection Molding
5.1.4 Other Applications
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.2.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Biobent Management Services Inc.
6.4.2 Borealis AG
6.4.7 INTER Ikea SYSTEMS BV
6.4.8 LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV
6.4.9 Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Incentives by the Government Promoting the Usage of Bio-based Materials
7.2 Other Opportunities
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Bio-based Polypropylene Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Bio-based Polypropylene Market?
The Bio-based Polypropylene Market is growing at a CAGR of >20% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Bio-based Polypropylene Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Bio-based Polypropylene Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Bio-based Polypropylene Market?
Borealis AG , Braskem , Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., SABIC, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV are the major companies operating in Bio-based Polypropylene Market.