The automotive industry is presently facing a dynamic era of progress due to the increasing demand for vehicles (including cars, two wheelers, trucks, buses and off-road vehicles among others). This extraordinary growth of the automotive industry is positively inducing the use of robots for meeting the growing consumer requirement of this market. Automotive robots are designed for supporting the production of automobiles in the automotive industry.
The increasing adoption of industrial robots in emerging countries is estimated to drive this market throughout the forecast period. The market is observing huge demand from the automotive, electrical and electronic and food and beverages industry in the emerging countries. The US, Japan and Germany are the key revenue suppliers to the robotics market. The upsurge in the economy in APAC region has cemented the way for manufacturing and industrialization. The upsurge in procuring capacity has also led to a demand for high-quality consumer goods. Industrial robots are also swapping skilled laborers for precision based roles such as packaging and welding.
Key market proponents:
- Lack of skilled labor/ rising labor cost
- The high investments in new manufacturing capacities in developing markets
- Investments in production
- Decrease in the time needed to market the products
- Upgradation in major vehicle manufacturing countries
- High demand for precision and quality control.
Market segmentation is done on the basis of end-users, products, function, and geography.
- On the basis of end-users, automotive robots have multiple applications in the automotive industry i.e. in both vehicle manufacture and automotive component supply.
- On the basis of products, the market is divided into Cartesian Robots, SCARA Robots and Articulated Robot, among others.
- Major functions in which robots are utilized comprise painting, welding, assembling, cutting and dispensing. Other factory-related material handling applications driving the demand for automotive robots include automated guided vehicles (AGVs) and much more.
- Geographically, the automotive robotics market has been segmented into five regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Latin America.
APAC is the fastest developing region globally, with countries like India, China, Taiwan and South Korea evolving as the leaders in this region. Leading vendors such as ABB and KUKA are instituting the region as their operation’s base. Furthermore, government regulations and funds have empowered projects to improve the infrastructure. These aspects have made APAC the favored manufacturing hub.
In recent years, there has been a substantial growth in the sales of robotic units in China. Government strategies such as investment credits have encouraged the trades of local robots and have led to an exponential progress of the local vendors. The country has also merged a large number of industrial robots into the industries due to increasing labor cost and inflation. By the end of 2017, China is expected to have the highest number of operational robots in its manufacturing sector due to the steady implementation of automation in automotive and electronics industries.
Major players in the automotive robotics market are:
- Epson Robotics
- Intuitive Surgical
- Yaskawa Electric
- Market analysis for the global automotive robotics market with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and rising prospective opportunities along with the identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global automotive robotics market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Sizing Units
1.4 Base Currency
1.5 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.6 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
2.4 Research Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview and Technology Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Applications of Automotive Robots
5.3 Investment Analysis
5.4 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5.5 Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Challenges Analysis (Endogenous Factors)
5.6 Market Drivers
5.6.1 Ongoing high investments in production
5.6.2 Modernization in major vehicle producing countries
5.6.3 Reduction of the time needed to market the products
5.6.4 Lack of skilled labour/ rising labour costs
5.6.5 High demand for precision and quality control
5.7 Market Restraints
5.8 Key Challenges
5.9 Current Opportunities in the Market
5.10 Technology Trends
5.10.1 New Developments
5.10.2 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
5.10.3 Product Life-Cycle Analysis
5.10.4 Product Benchmarking
6. Global Automotive Robotics Market, by End-Users
6.1 Vehicle Manufacturers
6.2 Automotive Component Manufacturers
7. Global Automotive Robotics Market, by Product
7.1 Cartesian Robots
7.2 SCARA Robots
7.3 Articulated Robot
8. Global Automotive Robotics Market, by Function
8.1 Welding Robot
8.2 Painting Robot
8.3 Assembling & Disassembling Robot
8.4 Cutting and Milling Robot
9. Global Automotive Robotics Market, by Geography – Regional Share and Forecasts
9.1 North America (NA)
9.1.2 United States
9.1.4 Rest of North America
9.2.3 United Kingdom
9.2.8 Rest of the Europe
9.3 Asia-Pacific (APAC)
9.3.6 South Korea
9.3.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Middle East and Africa (MEA)
9.4.3 Saudi Arabia
9.4.5 Rest of the MEA
9.5 Latin America
9.5.5 Rest of Latin America
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Market Share Analysis
10.2 Organic and Inorganic Growth Strategies
10.3 Patent Analysis
10.4 The Challengers
10.5 Zero-Sum Quadrant
11. Key Vendor Analysis
11.1 ABB Group
11.3 Comau SpA
11.4 Denso Wave Incorporated
11.5 Dürr AG
11.6 Epson Robotics
11.7 Fanuc Corporation
11.8 Harmonic Drive System
11.10 Intuitive Surgical
11.12 KUKA AG
11.13 Kawasaki Heavy Industries (Kawasaki Robotics)
11.14 Nabtesco Motion Control, Inc.
11.15 Nachi-Fujikoshi Corp.
11.16 Omron Corporation (Adept Technology, Inc.)
11.17 Panasonic Welding Systems Co. Ltd.
11.18 Reis Gmbh & Co. Kg Maschinenfabrik
11.19 Rockwell Automation, Inc.
11.20 Siasun Robot & Automation Co., Ltd.
11.22 Universal Robots
11.23 Yamaha Robotics
11.24 Yaskawa Electric Corporation
12. Analyst Outlook for Investment Opportunities
13. Future Outlook of the Market