Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Austria Facility Management Market is expected to register a CAGR of 3.72 % over the forecast period 2022 to 2027. Contract globalization and services integration is expected to accelerate growth in the FM market, particularly the commercial building sector, given the increase in penetration of commercial building services through the forecast period.
- Regarding development and sophistication, Austria is one of the most important outsourced markets for facility management services. The Austria facilities management sector is based on integrated contracts from major vendors across country boundaries. At the same time, small local competitors focus on single contracts and single-service solutions. However, given the regional characteristics, there are increasing opportunities to use facility management and corporate real estate differently.
- Furthermore, facility management (FM) encompasses management strategies and procedures for building management, infrastructure management for an organization, and general harmonization of an organization's work environment. For an enterprise, this system standardizes services and streamlines operations.
- However, security concerns related to devise safety and network safety are restraining market growth. Increasing security breaches and cybercrime group threats are causing distrust and affecting the market growth.
- Several service suppliers operating in the region have concentrated on growing their presence over the last decade to capitalize on the increasing demand for facility management, especially with the current trend favoring the outsourcing of non-core functions. Furthermore, given the country's characteristics, Austria has seen a rise in the potential to use facility management and corporate real estate in new directions.
- The market for Austria facility management has shown moderate expansion due to increased demand for employees with higher qualifications. This scenario is expected to boost market development throughout the forecast period. The continuing epidemic has resulted in the region's market growing steadily. However, the epidemic has hampered manufacturing, resulting in a dramatic drop in company inputs.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a mixed business impact on facilities management organizations. The limits on people's movement resulted in a drop in project work and a lower activity level at numerous client sites. The pandemic lockdown had a negative impact on major market participants such as CBRE Group, ISS Global and others.
Scope of the Report
Facility management (FM) is a profession that incorporates many disciplines to ensure functionality, safety, comfort, and efficiency of the built environment by integrating people, process, place, and technology. FMs contribute to the business's bottom line through its responsibility for maintaining what is often an organization's most significant and most valuable assets, such as property, equipment, buildings, and other environments that house personnel, productivity, inventory, and other elements of the operation.
Facility management services involve the management of building upkeep, utilities, maintenance operations, waste services, security, etc. These services are further divided into hard facility management services and soft facility management services spheres.
Both in-house facility management and outsourced FM services are considered in the scope. The market for integrated facility management service (IFM), along with single and bundled services, is included in the outsourced FM services segment.
The Austria Facility Management Market is segmented by Type of Facility Management (In-house Facility Management and Outsourced Facility Management (Single FM, Bundled FM, Integrated FM)), by Offerings (Hard FM, Soft FM), by End-user (Commercial, Institutional, Public/Infrastructure, Industrial).
|By Type of Facility Management Type|
|Inhouse Facility Management|
|By End User|
Key Market Trends
Commercial Buildings Remains the Largest Market Share Holder
- Commercial entities are office buildings built or inhabited by business services such as IT and communication corporate offices, manufacturers, and other service providers. Decoration and management have gained substantial importance due to the supply of essential fitments and interiors and commercial buildings, consequently pushing the market in the country's commercial sector.
- The rising need for customized solutions for various in-house and outsourced facility management is attributable to the expansion of Austria facility management services. Furthermore, the increasing number of commercial and residential buildings in key cities is driving up demand for facility management services throughout the country. Furthermore, increasing infrastructure development and a growing emphasis on integrated facility management services are expected to benefit the analyzed industry.
- Many projects in Austria have infrastructure works such as electrical substations, internal highways with loading and unloading places, networks for potable water, firefighting systems, irrigation, stormwater, and foul water, and their associated tanks. As a result, there is a greater need in the country for fire safety, electrical maintenance, technical support and maintenance, cleaning, HVAC, and other facility management services.
- The revenue of the industrial construction of residential and non-residential buildings in Austria is expected to increase signfiicantly. According to Eurostat estimates, it is projected that the revenue from the construction of residential and non-residential buildings in Austria will amount to approximately USD 17.77 billion by 2025. Moreover, Eurostat estimates that the construction revenue in Austria will amount to approximately USD 22.15 billion by 2025.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Integrated Facility Management is Expected to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- The market is experiencing a paradigm change as numerous sectors transition from a single FM outsourcing model to an integrated services model that can cover all of the key demands of clients on a big scale. Furthermore, with newer technology affecting the way businesses function, integrated facility management has emerged as the key to the country's smart buildings and workspaces.
- Integrated Facility Management brings all of the organization's office and property-related services and procedures under one contract and management team. It is a one-stop-shop for all of an organization's FM needs. A corporation might eliminate many, sometimes complicated, vendor contracts in favor of a single service agreement. It will also imply combining several duties performed by separate teams under a single roof.
- The Austria market is trending toward a shift from single services to bundled services, and then to an integrated facilities management strategy. This provides a broader range of services and longer-term contracts, which adds value while driving greater quality and economies of scale. This is also boosting the need for outsourced services requiring specialised knowledge.
- According to Eurostat, the revenue of computer facilities management activities in Austria will amount to approximately USD 817.98 million by 2025. Furthermore, the revenue of other building and industrial cleaning activities in Austria will amount to approximately USD 442.54 million by 2025.
The Austria Facility Management Market is highly competitive with diverse firms of different sizes. This market is anticipated to encounter a number of partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions as organizations continue to invest strategically in offsetting the present slowdowns they are experiencing. The clients in this region are employing FM services to increase the ease of their business operations. The market comprises key solutions and service providers, such as Coldwell Banker Richard Ellis, Apleona GmbH, International Service System Global and Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.
- January 2022 - Dutch facility management company Vebego strengthens its position by acquiring German Hectas Group. With the acquisition of Hectas Group, Vebego intends to extend its operations in Germany, Austria, and the Netherlands. Vebego will acquire complete control of Hectas, including all employees, clients, and current contracts.
- March 2022 - Apleona acquires Siemens Gebäudemanagement & -Services, bolstering its foothold in Austria. Apleona, a leading European integrated facility management firm headquartered in Neu-Isenburg near Frankfurt am Main, announced the acquisition of Siemens Gebäudemanagement & -Services GmbH (SGS). SGS headquartered in Vienna, with offices around Austria. With around 260 employees, the firm generates annual revenues of approximately EUR 75 million.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Facility Management Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Trend Toward Commoditization of Facility Management
5.1.2 Growing Investments in Commercial Properties
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of Managerial Awareness
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type of Facility Management Type
6.1.1 Inhouse Facility Management
6.1.2 Outsourced Facility Mangement
220.127.116.11 Single FM
18.104.22.168 Bundled FM
22.214.171.124 Integrated FM
6.2 By Offerings
6.2.1 Hard FM
6.2.2 Soft FM
6.3 By End User
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Coldwell Banker Richard Ellis
7.1.2 Apleona GmbH
7.1.3 International Service System Global
7.1.4 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.
7.1.5 SIMACEK Facility Management Group GmbH
7.1.6 Sodexo Facilities Management Services
7.1.7 Eurest Austria GmbH
7.1.8 VINCI Energies
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Austria Facility Management Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Austria Facility Management Market?
The Austria Facility Management Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.72% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Austria Facility Management Market?
Coldwell Banker Richard Ellis, Apleona GmbH, International Service System Global, Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc., SIMACEK Facility Management Group GmbH are the major companies operating in Austria Facility Management Market.