Asia Pacific WiGig Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 0.93 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 2.61 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||19.82 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Asia Pacific WiGig Market Analysis
The Asia Pacific WiGig Market size is estimated at USD 0.93 billion in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 2.61 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 19.82% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- In recent years, there has been an increased emphasis on high-speed internet and 5G networks. Emerging countries, including China, Japan, Taiwan, India, and Australia, are the major driving countries in the region. China has an established ecosystem for 5G and is expected to grow further in the forecast period. However, the 5G technology is expected to serve as a hotspot technology in existence with the current mobile broadband. The growth is expected to be gradual in the country.
- Due to the advent of the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-type communication (MTC), exponential wireless traffic growth is expected in the near future. This would mean an increase in current bandwidth, assuming the same spectrum efficiency. For instance, the industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) RF band in the 5.4 GHz region is approximately 500 MHz, mainly used by wireless fidelity WiFi. This bandwidth is already getting saturated, which is one of the driving forces of WiGig.
- WiGig is expected to be one of the main options for quick and easy data delivery without a physical wired connection. As it does not pass through walls and has a very short range, it is more useful for transfers within a short range and won't replace or directly supersede WiFi or cellular. Many consumer electronic devices will be multi-mode WiFi and WiGig capable.
- As a result of WiGig features, such as elevated speed connection, extraordinary reliability, and decreased latency, the healthcare system has benefited from improved response times, patient monitoring, data collection and analytics, remote collaboration, and resource allocation. It also sets an example for digitalized, data-driven, and Cloud-based innovative major public emergency response platforms in the region.
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has mentioned that the delicensed bands available for WiFi are congested. According to the analysis of DigiAnalysis, in India, there are around 0.5 million public hotspots available as of 2022, which is expected to reach around 50 million by 2030. In contrast, there are over 45 million hotspots available worldwide. Hence, the board has shown a need to expand this infrastructure to at least one hotspot for 150 persons, creating a demand for another 8 million hotspots.
- According to China Mobile, COVID-19 had accelerated the shift toward using digital and cloud-based services, stating the operator would support this through continued network upgrades. In addition, COVID-19 put tremendous pressure on public healthcare systems and epidemic response mechanisms across the Asia-Pacific. In China, communication and data exchange effectiveness have been essential in screening infected individuals, providing on-ground support to front-line staff, and controlling the outbreak.
Asia Pacific WiGig Market Trends
Display Devices to Drive the Market Growth
- Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) technology operates at 60GHz. It allows wireless transfer of audio and video data up to 5 gigabits per second, ten times the current maximum wireless transfer rate, at one-tenth of the cost, usually within a range of 10 meters. Due to the ease of operation and high speed, the WiGig technology market is gaining traction, especially in the gaming sector.
- WiGig technology is also being used in broadcasting video signal transmission systems in sports stadiums and mm-wave video video signal transmission systems. The technology could also be used for beaming full HD video in real time. It could be used by notebooks and other computers to wirelessly connect virtually, all the expansion needed for a docking station, including a secondary display and storage computer.
- Further, the consumer electronics sector is boosting the WiGig market. A phone, tablet, or computer could wirelessly stream content to a high-resolution TV or another monitor in the same room. For instance, Asus's ROG Phone can use WiGig along with its display dock to wirelessly connect any phone to a big-screen TV. The TwinView dock has its 6.59-inch, 120Hz touchscreen, a second massive 5,000mAh battery, and a built-in fan.
- The display devices segment of the market is presented with ample growth opportunities, especially with the advent of virtual reality (VR)/augmented reality (AR) technologies, in the forecast period. The South Korean government has announced to invest nearly KRW 19 billion in developing augmented reality platforms over the next three years. As part of efforts to boost AR/VR platform development and engage viewers in AR/VR content, the culture ministry will create a large-scale virtual cultural venue using cloud computing and provide a wide range of content services.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
South Korea to Hold Significant Market Share
- The telecommunication companies, like SK Telecom, KT, and LG Uplus, were the first to launch 5G in the world in South Korea, according to the ministry of Science and ICT. SK Telecom, had the most 5G users at 14.35 million as of April 2023, followed by KT at 9 million and LG Uplus at 6.43 million.
- Moreover, according to the IEEE Communications Society, South Korean 5G users account for over the 29.6 million users as of this March 2023 and given that number of subscribers has increased to around 500,000 per month up to now, Such high penetration and quick adoption of technology indicate the demand for high-speed data transfer, which may drive WiGig chips' demand in the country.
- Ministry of Science, ICP, and Future Planning (MSIP) in South Korea has stated that the country's semiconductor companies have made an early move by entering the 60GHz WiGig market, enabling them to gain a competitive edge in the data communication market.
- The Virtual Reality market has a significant application of WiGig chipsets. The country is also emerging as one of the emerging markets for AR/VR technologies, owing to growing government investment in the market coupled with the growing adoption of AR/VR technologies among the country's end-user industries.
- The hardware companies in the country are also making continuous product launches that support WiGig chipsets. For instance, Samsung introduced its 5G New Radio (NR) Access Unit (AU), which can be used for high-speed wireless communications with high-speed wireless communications, as seen with the latest 802.11ad Wi-Fi standard operating at 60 GHz frequency.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific WiGig Industry Overview
The Asia Pacific WiGig market exhibits a notable degree of fragmentation, with various industry players vigorously striving to advance the technology in order to overcome market challenges that could impede its current growth trajectory. These key players are actively engaging in strategic initiatives such as forging partnerships, executing mergers, and pursuing acquisitions. Some noteworthy developments within the market include:
In June 2022, H3C, a prominent Chinese network equipment manufacturer, introduced what it purports to be the inaugural Wi-Fi 7 router. The H3C Magic BE18000 router boasts a remarkable peak throughput capacity of 18.443 Gbps, offering a tantalizing glimpse of significantly enhanced throughput compared to Wi-Fi 6 or 6E hardware. This innovation underscores the ongoing efforts within the industry to push the boundaries of wireless technology.
Asia Pacific WiGig Market Leaders
Cisco Systems Inc.
Dell Technologies Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Asia Pacific WiGig Market News
- December 2022: Xiaomi unveiled its groundbreaking 10 Gigabit router, specifically engineered for seamless integration with the latest Xiaomi smartphones. The Xiaomi Router 10000 redefines connectivity, accommodating a multitude of devices with reduced latency and heightened speed, thanks to its expansive transmission bandwidth. This innovation significantly accelerates all-encompassing applications, both in domestic and professional settings.
- November 2022: TP-Link introduced a cutting-edge Wi-Fi 7 device tailored to the preferences of both consumers and internet service providers (ISPs). This state-of-the-art product adheres to the 802.11be IEEE standard, guaranteeing exceptional speed, high throughput, and minimal latency. Wi-Fi 7 proficiently addresses the diverse needs of existing and emerging consumers while meeting the rigorous demands of the enterprise sector. It seamlessly connects to networks, offering superior speeds (MultiGig) and an unprecedented level of ultra-low latency.
Asia Pacific WiGigMarket Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Technological Advancement in Communication Industry
5.1.2 Rising Adoption of High-resolution Videos
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Shorter Operating Range of WiGig Products
6. TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Product
7.1.1 Display Devices
7.1.2 Network Infrastructure Devices
7.2 By Application
7.2.1 Gaming and Multimedia
7.2.3 Other Applications
7.3 By Geography
7.3.4 South Korea
7.3.5 Rest of Asia Pacific
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Panasonic Corporation
8.1.2 Dell Technologies Inc.
8.1.3 Cisco Systems Inc.
8.1.4 Intel Corporation
8.1.5 Fujikura Ltd
8.1.6 Lenovo Group Limited
8.1.7 Broadcom Inc.
8.1.8 Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
8.1.9 NEC Corporation
8.1.10 Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Asia Pacific WiGigMarket Research FAQs
How big is the Asia Pacific WiGig Market?
The Asia Pacific WiGig Market size is expected to reach USD 0.93 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 19.82% to reach USD 2.61 billion by 2028.
What is the current Asia Pacific WiGig Market size?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific WiGig Market size is expected to reach USD 0.93 billion.
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific WiGig Market?
Panasonic Corporation, Fujikura Ltd, Cisco Systems Inc., Dell Technologies Inc. and Intel Corporation are the major companies operating in the Asia Pacific WiGig Market.
Asia Pacific WiGigIndustry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia Pacific WiGig market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia Pacific WiGig analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.